Weekly Gaming Roundup - 01/11/2015

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
PS4

The Last of Us Remastered - Never played it on PS3, so got it here. I see why everyone praised this game. Deserves every accolate.

Onechanbara Z2 - Fun as hell!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I look forward to these threads greatly.

MVS
Neo Turf Masters
Metal Slug 2
Aero Fighters 3

3DS
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - beat it, fun times

PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics

Wii U
SSB
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Ultimate NES Remix

Dreamcast
Giga Wing 2

Big week thus fat

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
PS3

Drakengard 3-I really, really like this game. The gameplay is somewhere between sub-par and average at best, and framerate issues abound, but the graphics for the characters and models are top notch, the soundtrack is stellar and the story is all kinds of fuckballs amazing. I am REALLY into this thing right now.

Wii U

Hyrule Warriors-This is a really great DW style game. There is a shit ton of content in it, and if someone were dead set on unlocking everything in the game, I seriously believe that this is the only game you'd need to buy for at least half a year. Unless you played it from morning to night. There's a lot to unlock.

PC

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
PS3

Drakengard 3-I really, really like this game. The gameplay is somewhere between sub-par and average at best, and framerate issues abound, but the graphics for the characters and models are top notch, the soundtrack is stellar and the story is all kinds of fuckballs amazing. I am REALLY into this thing right now.

How many endings you up to now? I know I have the easiest one, still need to go back and crank some more out.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SNES:
Super Mario World 2
Super Mario World (for the thousandth time)
Super Punchout (for the thousandth time)

N64:
Goemon's Great Adventure

SATURN:
Street Fighter Zero 3
Shining Force III Trilogy (I've had these for years. Gonna use an online translation and power them)

PS1:
Spyro

PS2:
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Army Men RTS
Bloodrayne 2
Gradius V

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIV

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
PS2
Rogue Galaxy...I can't seem to get enough of this one. The game engine is a bit 'meh', but the story and the way they made the grindy parts actually interesting have kept my attention.

DC
Record of Lodoss War...recently started this one, and for a Diablo clone it is pretty fun. Plus it's Lodoss War, so that gets it points too :D

Atomiswave
Dolphin Blue

MVS
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2

Genny/MD
Batman Returns

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Saturn
SF Zero 2

PSone
KOF 98
Samurai Spirits 4 Amakusas revenge
Last Blade
Real Bout Special Dominated Mind

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
GB

Castlevania Adventure
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge

Bought a pair of broken GB's off of eBay, and managed to repair one of them almost immediately by cleaning the battery terminals. It has vertical lines of dead pixels, but those are fixable. I almost repaired them tonight, but decided I wanted to watch a few more tutorials first. The second GB is too far gone, it looked like the batteries exploded all over the bottom board, causing there to be corrosion everywhere and atleast one exploded capacitor. Interestingly enough, however, the board that has the LCD attached fired right up when I attached it to the working bottom board of the working GB (also vertical lines of dead pixels). So... I got that goin' for me. Just thought I'd share.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Damn, some of you guys do a lot of gaming in a week. Do you stay up real late or something? Between maintaining my place, taking care of my mom, going to doctors appts and working, I barely have time for games anymore. I haven't even touched Hyrule Warriors yet. I can't see how you married guys have time, unless you play with your sweetie.

Vita
Pinball Arcade

Wii U
Mario Kart 8

3DS
Super Smash Bros.
Fantasy Life (Much of my time goes into this game)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
PS3
Dengeki Bunko (as usual)
Valkyria Chronicles -hot damn I love this game, I was looking for something to replay at Christmas and decided it was time for this one again. I've played it pretty much everyday since then, and having a blast. Not only one of my favorite last gen games, it's on my all time faves as well.

Vita
Project Diva F, F2

Mega Drive
Bare Knuckle 2
Strider
(Thx Tw3ek!:D)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
3DS
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Omega Ruby

PC
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
The Fall

PS3
Time to finish up Remember Me now that I beat AC: Rogue (98%)

PS4
The Last of Us Remastered
Lords of the Fallen

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
PS3
Mirror's Edge (it was free and I just got around to playing it)

Wii U
NES Remix
Mario Kart 8

SNES
LoZ: A Link to the Past (taking my time through this since I keep forgetting the grind to dungeons)

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Wii U
Smash bros.

Sega CD
Lunar: The Silver Star. I finished it this weekend. This is my first time playing this version, and tons of people told me that this version is harder than the ps1 version. I found it really easy. Maybe i feel this way because i played the playstation when i was so young, and wasn't so good at RPG's. But i barely ran from encounters in the Sega CD version. I think i only died once or twice. But it was a fun game and it was nice to play this version.

Saturn
Astal. Beat this yesterday. Such a beautiful game. Really love when Astal yells "yaaaaataaaaaa"

PCE
Flash Hinders. Played and beat the scenario mode today. Its a fun little fighting game

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PS2
Rogue Galaxy...I can't seem to get enough of this one. The game engine is a bit 'meh', but the story and the way they made the grindy parts actually interesting have kept my attention.

I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and yeah I thought it was pretty good.

While I didn't find much fault with it, one of the biggest problems I had with the game was the areas with padded locations. Like you enter a dungeon and every section within is just the same repeated area over and over until you get to the boss. Like they had no budget to make each area more distinct. I don't how far you are but that bugged me whole lot. I also felt like the game was a bit too linear and wish it had more planets to explore.

Another thing was after I finished the game and was watching the credits, I saw that Will Friedle (Eric from Boy Meets World, Terry from Batman Beyond ect) was the voice of the main character. Tripped me out because he has a pretty distinct voice so I can usually tell when its him right away. The was a few others like Quinton Flyyn (Raiden from MGS) who I also didn't notice.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and yeah I thought it was pretty good.

While I didn't find much fault with it, one of the biggest problems I had with the game was the areas with padded locations. Like you enter a dungeon and every section within is just the same repeated area over and over until you get to the boss. Like they had no budget to make each area more distinct. I don't how far you are but that bugged me whole lot. I also felt like the game was a bit too linear and wish it had more planets to explore.

I would say that I agree with all of your points. In regards to the dungeons, it's not even just the lack of diversity in the background areas. It feels like all of the major combat areas thus far are far too large. There've been a few times now where I was just hoping a boss would finally show up so that I could be done with the area! It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it *was* a budget issue, though. You can definitely tell they had big big ideas for the title, and in some regards those ideas came out pretty well. More planets would *DEFINITELY* be a plus...more diversity in the overall 'galaxy' is something I'd definitely appreciate, though as it is there's just enough places to visit that it doesn't seem boring.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing Hoshiful...ok pretty much just watching.

Phades

New Challenger
PS4
Destiny
Far Cry 4

MVS
Blazing Star
Magical Drop 3
Ninja Commando
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Shovel Knight - Took me 7 hrs. 42 min. to beat it and enjoyed every second. One of the finest games released recently. I will definitely be playing through it again.

Might & Magic: Dark Messiah - Good game. I love kicking bad guys off of cliffs.

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls - Now my Demon Hunter can solo Torment 6. I feel like I've finally "arrived". Love this game so much.

Real Life

So much D&D... oh so much D&D.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Wii U - Super Mario Bros 3D World
Beat Bowser Castle and unlocked Rainbow World. Not going to advance until I get all of the stars in Bowser Castle (missed the first one).

PS4 - CoD: AW (MP)
I haven't played as much, but I still like sniping people flying around in the air.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Damn, some of you guys do a lot of gaming in a week. Do you stay up real late or something? Between maintaining my place, taking care of my mom, going to doctors appts and working, I barely have time for games anymore. I haven't even touched Hyrule Warriors yet. I can't see how you married guys have time, unless you play with your sweetie.

Vita
Pinball Arcade

Wii U
Mario Kart 8

3DS
Super Smash Bros.
Fantasy Life (Much of my time goes into this game)

Mobile gaming plus late nights( which I really shouldn't be doing )

On topic:

-PS4-
Far Cry 4
Guilty Gear Xrd -Signs-
Infamous: Second Son - First Light

-PSVita-
Resogun
Chrono Trigger
Dragons Crown

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS3
Grandia,all most done with the game.

PS4
Guilty Gear Xrd

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Sega CD
Lunar: The Silver Star. I finished it this weekend. This is my first time playing this version, and tons of people told me that this version is harder than the ps1 version. I found it really easy. Maybe i feel this way because i played the playstation when i was so young, and wasn't so good at RPG's. But i barely ran from encounters in the Sega CD version. I think i only died once or twice. But it was a fun game and it was nice to play this version.

I loved the Lunar series. Silver Star wasn't too hard. Eternal Blue was for me.