What anime are you watching?

m8zing

New Challenger
Just got done watching neon genesis Evangelion shit gets weird at the end

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Last week i was watching The Wind Rises, the last Hayao Miyazaki film.
It's a good movie

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Halfway through tales from earthsea. Plan on finishing that and then watching appleseed. Never seen that yet but now that ill be finished up watching all the ghibli movies i can move on to some different stuff.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Anyone watching any of the winter/spring season shows? Jojo's is okay so far but the couple of other shows I've tried have been meh.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Anyone watching any of the winter/spring season shows? Jojo's is okay so far but the couple of other shows I've tried have been meh.

I've only been following Jojo's and Parasyte. Both are pretty solid.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I've been watching Magi on Netflix and the Pet Girl of Sakurasou on my phone. Magi is pretty entertaining so far, I'm looking forward to finishing it up.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Just Jojo and Yoru no Yatterman for me, both of which have been thoroughly entertaining. I feel like I'd get more out of Yatterman if I went back and watched the old series, but it'd be a while before I get around to that.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

Jojo, Durarara, and......

Kancolle :keke:

can't help it, girls as battleships and aircraft carriers? not sure how the fuck the got me with that one, but I am hooked and actually really enjoying it so far. Started Golden Time after your mention as well.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I watched Akira last night. I don't think I will ever tire of that film.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Almost done with Jojo, watching it really slowly. Just started watching Parasyte and getting back into HunterxHunter. I'm a member of Crunchyroll and they've just taken the commercials off of the dramas so I'm watching Liar Game (it's pretty bad) and Time Taxi (it's OK).

Parasyte seems pretty good so far. I'm only five episodes in, but enjoying it.

MattBlah - DUDE. I never tire of Akira. One of the best films of all time. I've seen it so many times, and now own it on Bluray.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
MattBlah - DUDE. I never tire of Akira. One of the best films of all time. I've seen it so many times, and now own it on Bluray.

This was my first time watching the Blu Ray. It was beautiful. I'd love to see it in the cinema one day, it'd look so good on the big screen.

No matter how many times I watch it, I'm still not really sure what is going on most of the time :lolz:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I just finished up my first ever viewing of Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ with subs.

I totally understand why this series never made it west. It never would have been understood by western fans, who'd been conditioned to see Gundam as serious military sci-fi drama.

ZZ is pure slapstick comedy, and pretty awful at it, for the first half of the series. The second half seems like a completely different series, and I found the clear divide between the two halves to be really offputting. It's pretty terrible and doesn't really recover by the end, but it makes a game attempt to do so.

Still, as flat out awful as it is (the lowpoint of the UC series, IMO), I'd recommend any dyed in the wool Tomino/Gundam UC fan to watch it at least once. Just so they could say they did. There are a handful of episodes that stand out.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I hope Right Stuf gets ZZ.

First, they'll be doing Turn A in June. DVD-only, unfortunately.

Last edited:

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
How is Turn A? I saw it available for pre-order, but have only seen the original movie trilogy, 0083, and most of Wing. I'm trying to watch 00 now, just need to find the time to do so.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
So I started watching JoJo since so many here have been talking about it, and while I think it's pretty good over all, one thing that really bugs me are the inconsistencies with the injuries. For example, when JoJo takes that propeller blade to the shoulder, and the very next scene, no wound whatsoever. The same goes for that native assassin stand user with the marionette: he's got scars all over his body from suckering guys into attacking him so he can use that grudge curse, but despite all the cuts and what-not that the guys take, the never have any scars. Just an observation.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So I started watching JoJo since so many here have been talking about it, and while I think it's pretty good over all, one thing that really bugs me are the inconsistencies with the injuries. For example, when JoJo takes that propeller blade to the shoulder, and the very next scene, no wound whatsoever. The same goes for that native assassin stand user with the marionette: he's got scars all over his body from suckering guys into attacking him so he can use that grudge curse, but despite all the cuts and what-not that the guys take, the never have any scars. Just an observation.

Stop thinking so much about what happens in anime, especially shonen stuff. :lolz: You could probably write the same about Dragonball or Hokuto no Ken.
Also go watch Part 2.