What anime are you watching?

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Anyone watched the live action versions of attack on titan and parasyte part 1 and 2.
I liked the anime's and found the movie version of attack on titan a pretty good watch, once i grab the subs off subscene i'll get round to watching parasyte as well.

Is the live action Attack on Titan watchable? I was worried because I remember seeing trailers for the live action Rurouni Kenshin and feeling that it just...wasn't my cup of tea.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Haven't seen it myself but the overwhelming sentiment seems to be that live action AoT is terrible.

I've been sampling some of the new season shows (One Punch Man, some mild ecchi show whose name escapes me) and trying to finish up stuff from last season (Gangsta, Himouto Umaru-chan). Had to give up on Shimoneta. It was just too juvenile (and not in the fun way). Also watched one episode of Monster Musume. Even for anime, that shit's creepy.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki. I love that shit. I actually prefer the English dub because then all of the women aren't high-pitched whiny fucks. It's funny, and has decent action scenes. Kagato is truly badass. Music is good too.

Pokemon Indigo League just because I saw an ad on Netflix and it's been what, 17 years since I originally saw it? The memories came flooding back something fierce!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Is the live action Attack on Titan watchable? I was worried because I remember seeing trailers for the live action Rurouni Kenshin and feeling that it just...wasn't my cup of tea.

As long as you don't expect the same depth and quality of the anime it's watchable, lots and lots of cgi though, action scenes are done well enough.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Amazon seems to be the only place to really get it now. Sad, my local bookstore has a ton of manga but no anime.

Hulu, CrunchyRoll and Piracy have had a huge impact on niche DVD/BluRay sales.

Is suncoast still around? Haven't been to a mall in a while.

Yeah, I think they, MusicLand, Sam Goody, and a bunch of those other chains (Coconuts) are F.Y.E. now. Same terrible prices and tacky t-shirts and posters.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

I mean it's a Japanese movie so.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I mean it's a Japanese movie so.

Yup. Gonna be awful. My wife and I were excited about Titan and then read the reviews. Freakin' sounds terrible. Watch the preview and it looks like naked people just flailing at each other.

Almost through Jojo season 3. Loving it.

Watching Magi. About 10 episodes in and and enjoying.

The Perfect Insider (Subete "F" ni naru) is pretty awesome so far. Definitely a good mystery.

Can't wait for the official English release of the third Eva movie!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
watching basilisk lately.and i have to say it's one of the best anime i've seen in years. didn't know it was related to ninja scroll until i did some research on it.funny thing is, basilisk is actually more like ninja scroll then the official ninja scroll anime series.

ninja scroll fans will feel right at home with this one.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Has anyone watched Girls und Panzer? I really want to watch it, but I don't think I could put up with a show consisting entirely of little girls.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Has anyone watched Girls und Panzer? I really want to watch it, but I don't think I could put up with a show consisting entirely of little girls.

I watched it, it was pretty fun but yeah no real deep story. Only like 12 episodes and has a pretty quick pace with minimal filler so that was pretty nice, and the tank battles are neat to watch. You can skip the specials unless you want to watch the girls run around in swimsuits.

Sora no Woto is another female/military anime but is much better IMHO since there is like a slice of life aspect to it, and the characters seem much more developed and not simple character tropes.

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
Its called "Midterms next week", and its painfully terrible and full of studying. Then I will work on my 8 series long backlog (which I will probably only watch one of).

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'm watching Mind Game, a full length by the same animators who did TekkonKinkreet.
Very strange so I think I'll like it.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Finishing up Gangsta. after that will be diving into Gantz, and after a read through of the manga will be watching Planetes, I'm also thinking of checking out Heat guy J which is an older one, though technically most of these are older ones, I'm not really looking forward to anything new until Drifters comes out, and thats only really been announced there isn't so much as a screenshot yet

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Planetes is one of my favorite anime, the manga is really good as well. Markell, go watch some girls and tanks. Saw some gundam stuff here, the airing iron blood orphans is pretty good.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Just saw some One Punch Man.....uber hilarious with gorgeous animation!

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Just watching Akira yesterday I plan to watch azumanga daio(hoped I spelled it right. ) soon. Oh yeah I was also watching Sakura trick on crunchy roll.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Planetes is one of my favorite anime, the manga is really good as well. Markell, go watch some girls and tanks. Saw some gundam stuff here, the airing iron blood orphans is pretty good.

Tried watching Planetes the other day, couldn't even get through the first episode, the manga is much more my speed. It was like they tried to take a somber hard sci-fi take on space exploration and turned it into a workplace comedy. No thanks.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Binge watched higurashi (when they cry) season 1 over the last 2 week's got season 2 and 5 episodes of the OVA to go. Really enjoyed it had read it was pretty nasty and wasn't disappointed.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Tried watching Planetes the other day, couldn't even get through the first episode, the manga is much more my speed. It was like they tried to turn a somber hard sci-fi take on space exploration and turned it into a workplace comedy. No thanks.

It gets better. Though I watched the anime and then read the manga.

Watching Durarara now whenever I can sneak it.