What anime are you watching?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Thanks for posting that, GhostSeed. That was a pretty good watch :buttrock:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I'm watching Sgt. Frog. Again after about 8 years since the last go round.
Just finished all the English dubbed eps, so before continuing on with the subbed eps I found a DVD set on ebay of all 5 keroro movies from somewhere in Indonesia and have been watching those subbed (very well done to boot!)

shelcoof

New Challenger
Haven't had much time to watch anime but I've been watching a bit of Kill La Kill since the game got released recently :)

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Kimetsu no Yaiba is streaming right now on Hulu and Crunchyroll. Kinda sad it only has like six episodes left...

Jon

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
AnimEigo's Megazone 23 Blu-ray Kickstarter is live.
I saw that the other day. I like AnimEigo's work but that anime looks to be too oldschool for me.

I just finished watching Star Blazers 2199. Very solid scifi in that one even if it gets cheesy in a couple of spots.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Maybe you guys can help me. I was a big fan of Akira ,Vampire Hunter, Samurai Champlo, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop ect. Can anyone recommend anything. I’ve tried to watch some stuff on Hulu and Netflix but it’s all cutesy shit. Also I hate the it’s a trap shit. I like gore and sword fights, hero stuff I guess. I feel like a lot of the anime I try and watch isn’t nearly as good as the stuff I grew up on. I want to watch something tonight while doing some inventory so any suggestions would help.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Maybe you guys can help me. I was a big fan of Akira ,Vampire Hunter, Samurai Champlo, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop ect. Can anyone recommend anything. I’ve tried to watch some stuff on Hulu and Netflix but it’s all cutesy shit. Also I hate the it’s a trap shit. I like gore and sword fights, hero stuff I guess. I feel like a lot of the anime I try and watch isn’t nearly as good as the stuff I grew up on. I want to watch something tonight while doing some inventory so any suggestions would help.

Black Lagoon

Golgo 13 TV

Hellsing Ultimate

Jormungand

Psycho Pass Season 1

Unfortunately some of these shows still have some fan servicey characters and/or episodes. It's hard to get away from that stuff in any anime these days.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Sword of the Stranger

I also really like High School of the Dead. The character designs are fan serviced out the wazoo but the action is great.

High School of the Dead

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

The answer to this question is Goblin Slayer. Thank me later.

Edit: Taiso would kill us all if we didn't mention Berserk also. Assuming you haven't seen it.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

A lot of the anime you watch isn't as good as the stuff you grew up on. You're not crazy.

I'm going to make some recommendations to you and I hope they help.

Goblin Slayer is a good start for current stuff worth watching.

Heroic Legend of Arslan, the adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's (Fullmetal Alchemist) own masterpiece adaptation of a great fantasy series.

Vinland Saga is totally up your alley. Believe that.

Mobile Suit Gundam is still good, but only the Universal Century. Avoid the rest like a Saner hookup.

Devilman Crybaby is well worth your time.

As for Berserk, the movie trilogy is, overall, the best adaptation of the source material.

But.

Fuck all that.

Just read these manga instead.

Berserk-Essential reading for any self respecting manga fan.
Vagabond-the only account of Miyamoto Musashi's life that doesn't feel dated or ridiculous.
Wulfsmund-Trust me on this one. TRUST ME. I may not kill you for avoiding Berserk, but I would definitely screed all over your ass if you don't read this.
Mugen No Junin-what North Americans know as Blade of the Immortal
Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt-God tier.
Vinland Saga-Another manga masterpiece that does vikings better than anybody in the west handling it.'

Manga is vastly superior to anime.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I thought MSG: Iron Blooded Orphans was quite good (newer one). I'm getting back into Gundam, starting back in the beginning watching the original and taking it from there.

PS - Blade of the Immortal & vagabond are my all time fav mangas - still own every volume of each

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
nice suggestion, thanks! I'm halfway through it, it reminds me the early Go Nagai, in both the representation of human cruelty but also some drawings (I.e. explosions) and it's completed!

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
A lot of the anime you watch isn't as good as the stuff you grew up on. You're not crazy.

I'm going to make some recommendations to you and I hope they help.

Goblin Slayer is a good start for current stuff worth watching.

Heroic Legend of Arslan, the adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's (Fullmetal Alchemist) own masterpiece adaptation of a great fantasy series.

Vinland Saga is totally up your alley. Believe that.

Mobile Suit Gundam is still good, but only the Universal Century. Avoid the rest like a Saner hookup.

Devilman Crybaby is well worth your time.

As for Berserk, the movie trilogy is, overall, the best adaptation of the source material.

But.

Fuck all that.

Just read these manga instead.

Berserk-Essential reading for any self respecting manga fan.
Vagabond-the only account of Miyamoto Musashi's life that doesn't feel dated or ridiculous.
Wulfsmund-Trust me on this one. TRUST ME. I may not kill you for avoiding Berserk, but I would definitely screed all over your ass if you don't read this.
Mugen No Junin-what North Americans know as Blade of the Immortal
Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt-God tier.
Vinland Saga-Another manga masterpiece that does vikings better than anybody in the west handling it.'

Manga is vastly superior to anime.

So I ended up starting Basilisk and I kinda like it. I wish I could fallow it but im only in the few first episodes of the dub ver. I like dubs a lot, hard for me to stay attentive watching sub. I am gonna start Goblin Slayer soon. Looking for a dub copy online. I use cinema, Kodi. Hulu, Netflix and amazon. im gonna go through all of these and watch them over the next few months. Berserk is dope btw seen a few of the movies.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

well now! I know I dont have to be impatient waiting to see that.. looks like those final fantasy games that have the nendoroid looking characters...final fantasy search for flowers or something?? the ones that are on netflix right now of ghost,,, arent too bad though!

way too ''SOFT'' to be proper at all.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Just fucking thrilled to be watching 80s Saint Seiya. I hope they do the Asgard and Poseiden arcs cuz I've NEVER seen them before.
cavalieri%20dello%20zodiaco%20(54).jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Patlabor series.Last month i bought the boxset of it on bluray finished the tv series just going through,ova now.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Patlabor series.Last month i bought the boxset of it on bluray finished the tv series just going through,ova now.

I'm a massive Patlabor fan and used to watch the VHS tapes. I got that bluray set too for like under $40 and it's fantastic. One of THE MOST UNDERRATED shows out there.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

I'm a massive Patlabor fan and used to watch the VHS tapes. I got that bluray set too for like under $40 and it's fantastic. One of THE MOST UNDERRATED shows out there.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah, Patlabor is awesome, one of my all-time favourite series. I imported the US Blu-ray boxset due to lack of UK release.

The Gunsmith Cats Blu-ray set from the Kickstarter arrived a couple of weeks ago, really need to sit down and watch it.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Finally got around to watching Goblin Slayer. I enjoyed it, although some parts were kinda emotionally cheesey.

Is it bad that I got a chub during some of the goblin gang rape scenes?

Last edited: