What are you doing for Valentines?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
My apartment complex has a private movie theater we can reserve, so I did.

Wait, wait, wait. Is this like, a "movie theater" in that it's got a LCD projector and a few folding chairs? Or does it actually have real movie theater equipment? I've never heard of an apartment coming with a movie theater before.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Wait, wait, wait. Is this like, a "movie theater" in that it's got a LCD projector and a few folding chairs? Or does it actually have real movie theater equipment? I've never heard of an apartment coming with a movie theater before.

It’s a proper JVC DLA projector. Not a home theater projector, but it obviously wouldn’t be used in a full size theater. connected to a Yamaha Aventage receiver, bowers & Wilkins in wall 7.2, with a couple rows of theater seats. Definitely a step up from a home theater. Didn’t check the bezel of the screen who it was by, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was by Screen Innovations. It was similar to their Black Diamond finish.

(I used to sell high end AV systems and set up installation, for filthy rich dudes, corporations, churches, stadiums, etc)

I live in a luxury high rise dude. If I just wanted to use a normal projector or big screen TV I’d just stay in my own apartment.

It’s not that uncommon with really nice apartments.

We also have a rooftop lounge with BBQs and like 4 fire pits. and a sky-lounge which is pretty cool. Has a bunch of 4K TVs, a fireplace and a kitchen.

Funnily enough - her plan was to rent out an AMC for us to watch movies but since this just required a $300 deposit that would be returned if I didn’t trash the place, she cancelled the AMC reservation haha. Smaller screen but no complaints.

Last edited: