What do you guys do for your birthday/christmas now that you're older?

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
As kids we all look forward to our birthdays and to christmas because it's a time for our greedy asses to force our parents to buy all the stuff we wish we had because everyone else has it. You eagerly write down your list for "santa". I want the newest videogame console and all the games! I want this, this, this, this, and this.

But now that we're older, we have jobs. Anything we want, we own because we've used our money to buy it for ourselves. By the time the holidays come you're clueless about what you want. Atleast I am, anyway. The only stuff you want is the stuff you can't afford because it's too expensive and nobody is going to buy that for you.

It's my birthday in 8 days and I don't know what I want, or what I want to do. I already purchased rock band and call of duty 4 and all the games I was interested in. I just went clothes shopping yesterday for new clothes I wanted. Anything that I feel like I want, I buy for myself.

In 8 days I'll be 21. I know everyone just suggests "Get drunk hurr!" But after looking at all these myspace photos of old high school friends who basically turned into alcoholics, I've been pretty turned off to the whole idea.

I guess I could go to atlantic city or something.

The only thing I'd really want for my birthday/christmas is new ice hockey goalie equipment, but that's gonna cost $1400 and I'll have trouble getting my parents to go half and half on that.

So what do you guys do? I'd like to hear some ideas.

e/n :(

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Fact is you're only 21, so keep asking for shit and pretending both occasions are just to get stuff.

edit: Birthdays suck when you're older, and Christmas is expensive.

its downhill from here in on, I'd probably kill yourself.

Last edited:

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
kernow said:
Fact is you're only 21, so keep asking for shit and pretending both occasions are just to get stuff.

edit: Birthdays suck when you're older, and Christmas is expensive.

its downhill from here in on, I'd probably kill yourself.

Yeah I forgot now that we have money we have to buy stuff for other people. Guess suicide it is!

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was 15 years old. It is just another day for me.

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
games_sk said:
I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was 15 years old. It is just another day for me.

I don't think ive had a birthday party since then but my friends and I will still exchange gifts and stuff.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Birthdays. Usually dinner and an evening of playing cards sums up that day of the year; spending time with friends is an important necessity in life, my birthday is the perfect excuse to have them all come over. My folks try to get me something, usually I ask them to get me a dvd/hddvd I haven't gotten around to buying, otherwise they always go overboard.

Xmas. Dinner at home with my folks. My brother and I exchange gifts; receiving something we don't want or need is a bullshit hassle for both of us, so we each just choose something and let the other know. I get my folks giftcards to a couple different dinning spots each year. I always try to find something I want/need for them to buy me (they always ask, they know I hate random gifting), but they usually jump the gun and get me something I don't want anyway. *sigh* It can't be helped, parents...will be parents.

That's about it...

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't understand why people wouldn't celebrate their birthdays, I have friends who go out of their way to 'not celebrate' it. fuck, its something to celebrate once a year damnit. you might as well not live if you can't be happy you've made it another year, and shit. I can understand 'not celebrating' the day of your birth , but why bother doing anything else lol.

its so awkward for other people too when they find out you don't want to do anything for your birthday etc. I at least TRY to do something, it always works out fucking boring usually, but I try.

Christmas is one I'm getting a bit tired of, and I always loved it, I fancy like just going on holiday one year or the folks and my bro going somewhere else, Television is shite over christmas and my folks don't have cable anymore, so you're basically trapped in the sticks watching crap tv, or going out of your mind on the internet. I'd rather just be at home getting stoned and playing stuff. I dunno

Probably only going down for 2-3 days this time, and that'll be enough for me. My friends are hardly exciting so I usually end up getting drunk by myself on birthdays etc.

life is so fucking boring as an adult , really.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Party!

Go to a bar, club, or just do it at your place.

Get a DJ or simply some good music, free flowing alcohol, girls, friends, drugs... what else do you need?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Parties usually bore the shit out of me, I hate small-talking to people so I usually sit in the kitchen getting stoned or something. Not that fun, plus the fact every single person I know bores the shit out of me. awesome

added to that, if you mission it to get drunk , you'll be the only one drinking by the end of the night and feel shitty for the next 1 or 2 days. Sure, I still drink, but I'm not sure why if I'm the only one drinking or I'm sitting at home n shit, I just feel like shit next day, not worth drinking at all in that case. Getting stoned is the same, just leads you nowhere really.

some people can have so much fun so easily, I don't get it.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Birthdays are usually nothing for me. Doesn't bother me really, I don't really get the celebration. My mother did all the work.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My brother goes to the strip club.....

It's a good way to look at your life....

YOu might thing you have it bad... But at least you don't have to strip on xmas eve.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
it was videogames for the last 12 years

now it's musical equipment i probably won't use :spock:

and a few vinyls

when i'm properly old, i'll ask for a hookah and some socks or something.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I dont usually doi anything for my birthday although this year me and my mate both have off work that day so we are going to nandos and maybe see a movie

as for christmas i am off visting my parents and as for presents i usually get a new coat and some socks plus occasionally I still get toys i use to get 20 years ago even though i have to pay some towards them :)

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
first time ever rolling my eyes, the shame

Petrov Stanimir said:
BAH!! B-days and X-mas are for pussies!

REAL MEN DON'T CELEBRATE SHIT!! :buttrock:
still not funny, neobuyer

:rolleyes:

aria

Former Moderator
Nothing. I actually don't like those holidays anymore.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I wanted a cake with dinosaur sprinkles but the store didnt have any dinosaur sprinkles.

So I just had regular cake instead of super awesome dinosaur cake.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Don't really celebrate birthday because most years I have to work/study that day.
Christmas this year:

3118894.jpg

Soulwax, Boys Noize, 2 many djs, Justice, Tiga... :tickled:

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
My parents / family usually asks for ideas so I give them a list, usually with URLs, prices, etc. on it. I hate shopping for people so I generally try to make it as simple as possible for people unless they just really want to get creative. The ones that bother with that usually hit the nail on the head anyway, so I don't mind surprises.

Friends are another story. We generally don't get each other anything. We just get together for birthdays & holidays when we can and hang out, play some games, drink a bit, etc. Nothing huge, just spending some time together.

Really, though, I couldn't care less about getting a bunch of stuff. Sure, it's cool to get some new toys but for the most part, I generally just buy what I want anyway. These days, my priorities have shifted a bit and I'd prefer a nice evening sitting around shooting the shit. Since I've been out of my parents house (going on three years now), I haven't seen the family nearly as much so every little bit counts.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
smuf said:
Don't really celebrate birthday because most years I have to work/study that day.
Christmas this year:

3118894.jpg

Soulwax, Boys Noize, 2 many djs, Justice, Tiga... :tickled:
I hate you.

And Petrov is the worst fake account ever.

PopeCuervoLime

Avid Neo-Expert
15 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Party!

Go to a bar, club, or just do it at your place.

Get a DJ or simply some good music, free flowing alcohol, girls, friends, drugs... what else do you need?
Been meaning to ask: What do you do that allows you to afford a 24/7 party lifestyle? You haven't mentioned modeling in a while so what's your J-O-B?

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
I hate you.

And Petrov is the worst fake account ever.
agree wholeheartedly to both things

ray_7

Just a nice dinner with family and friends, and party after that...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Getting older means that I don't feel the need to work Xmas.....

When I was younger, I always volunteered to work xmas to get away from family and to impress the bosses.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Since I have a 2 year old daughter who's speaking more, into everything and knows what she wants... I imagine my Xmas times will be spent doing more of the same I'm doing now. Watching lots of Hanna Montana, Drake & Josh, The Doodle Bops, Thomas the Tank, and having to buy the freggin' DVDs. Playing Tea Time and shit, and basically all manner of stuff I'd never do had I not had a daughter. It's okay though, I guess the ranting killing machine had to mellow out sometime.

...that said, XMAS for me, is just another day. It's no longer about what it's supposed to be about at all. Pure commericalism and ridiculous traffic jams full of assholes who don't know what they're doing (most of the time). I already know I'll be working Christmas Eve, but on Christmas Day... I'll watch the kid open the gifts (heck my wife and I aren't even buying the other presents because we do this throughout the year), watch the History Channel, drink some Lone Star beer, grill up a porter house steak, take a massive shit at some point in the day. Hit up the in laws and my parent's house. Watch kid open more gifts, remember back to my youth when everyday was GI JOE, Transformers, Nintendo and laughter, get a bit depressed that 1988, 1990, 1992, and 1994 are gone forever (4 good Xmas years), then call up my best friend Jeff in Idaho, get nostalgic on the phone, laugh like maniacs about the same stuff we laughed at then. Take a power walk for 3 miles, come home hit the punching bag, power up the Famicom and get lost (and more depressed) in the past. FINALLY put the kid to bed and once asleep, head upstairs, lock the door and get to "teh fucking & a suckin" with the wife, putting her into a sexual coma. Not able to sleep I'll wander onto the NG.COM boards or mess with MYSpace.

THAT's CHRISTMAS

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
I'm starting to really dislike Christmas. My brother and sister are about to both turn 17/18 and they still want presents. I tried explaining to them how it's a pointless holiday, but they think its insane not to get presents on Christmas! And what's worse is that my parents justify it by believing that they need $80+ Nike shoes!

The only thing I like from Christmas is the food and the family. Sure, the kids (12 and below) should get presents, but not 17/18 year olds. They're too old for that.

As for my birthday, fuck parties. All I need is to have dinner somewhere and that's it.

Real men work on their birthdays.