What do you guys do for your birthday/christmas now that you're older?

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Bobak said:
Nothing. I actually don't like those holidays anymore.
well, bah humbug...

i typically spend the birthday in celebration, drinking and getting a few small gifts from siblings. sometimes, we'll all go out to dinner, but not always. really, it's just a good reason to laugh and drink more than usual.

christmas is a day i spend with family, cooking/eating an excellent meal (my father is an excellent chef, dunno why he decided not to do it professionally) and exchanging gifts with the family. it's usually only a few small gifts and is typically more about the thought behind the gifts than anything. i know it sounds cliche, but i'd always rather get a gift that has some sort of emotional meaning/connection than something flashy/coveted.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Being a bitchy cunt spamming up forums instead of beating Resistance again (great game), priorities way out of order.

And yes Formless, we should.

I should try to make an honest effort to get to the next MA meet-up.

Feel the burn, are you still sad? haha

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Birthday's go for a nice meal with the missus/mates.

Christmas stay at the missus parents house for Dinner then go to the Her Uncle's house (millionaire) where the whole family just socialize and exchange presents with each other.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
I hide in dark alleys and wait......
you%20gonna%20get%20raped.jpg
?

Duffclown

New Challenger
Christmas: Spend time with the mom and brother. Usually do the whole presents thing in the morning, but not like 5 a.m. when we were little, haha. It's getting to that point where I don't want too much for Christmas, but this is the one time of the year I get this sort of treatment so I act on impulse for some gifts.

This one should be good. I actually have a wee bit of money this year so I'm able to give the folks a good gift (not like those gifts you'd make back in grammar school :D )

Mom: 1st season of Ugly Betty
Brother: The complete Larry Sanders Show

Looking forward to the holiday, especially the break. Got some foreign exchange friends coming along for Christmas. Should be fun

Oh, and multiple viewings of A Christmas Story. Christmas wouldn't be complete without this.

Birthday: I kind of have the dubious honor (?) of having my birthday within a week of Christmas. When I was little, I'd be sad all day cause I'd compare my 2 gifts to my friend's whale of a birthday presents. Now, I'm happy to get a gift and a good meal with the family. Dunno if I'll get plastered on my 21st. Probably just be a prick and order an O Doul's.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
christmas generally means a new pair of jeans, socks, and underwear.
just about all a man truely needs.