Whatcha been playin? (20/05/12)

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
PS3
Trine 2 (I liked it a lot, but I still think the first one was a bit better)

Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles (Yes. Just yes)

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Diablo III
Pinball Arcade
Guild Wars 2 Beta

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
PC
Diablo 3

MVS
Sengoku 3
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad

PS3
ME3 multiplayer
L.A. Noire

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
PC

Diablo III
Super Monday Night Combat

iOS

The Pinball Arcade

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
PS3

Game of Thrones-It's Dragon age set in Westeros. The animations are laughably bad and the textures are Oblivion tier. Only it's 2012. The great thing is that, as a fan of the books and TV show, actually running around Westeros gives me an idea of the scope of the world, especially in terms of geography. Also, it's cool to be able to play a priest of R'hlor because of all the stuff Thoros of Mir did off the page. And the story's interesting and is well woven into the events of the first book. The biggest problem is that it feels dated. I'll finish it but I doubt I'll return to it. One more thing: it's strange that they didn't take a little more time to make the models for some characters look more like their TV counterparts, considering they use the soundtrack and imagery from the TV show at every chance. I ran into Qhorin Halfhand and he looks NOTHING like he does in the TV show. But the game wants me to believe it takes place in the same version of the story as the TV show. Just a strange incongruity.

Gears of War 3-just a little bit

DSi XL

Etrian Odyssey-Love this.

PC

Final Fantasy XIV

Diablo III-it's all right. Isometric ARPGs aren't really my thing, but this is somewhat engaging. The story's pretty bad, but that's probably because it's never been that great.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
mostly just messing with playstation move demo's and the games I had that already support the move, I don't recomend buying a move new as the prices are nuts.... but peep craigslist, if you can get a good deal like me it's definitely awesome.

PLEASE sega PLEASE port some of your newer light gun games to ps3, I played sega golden gun the other day and it was GREAT fun, like a Chinese house of the dead with a neat system that lets you use points to buy powerups and shit at shops.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Diablo III-it's all right. Isometric ARPGs aren't really my thing, but this is somewhat engaging. The story's pretty bad, but that's probably because it's never been that great.

Diablo has a story? :P

PS: Are you playing with other people? Diablo 2 got really good when the difficulty ramped up and you played with other people. Teamwork is great.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
360 :

Gears of War 3
Dark Souls
Senko no Ronde DUO
Trouble Witches Neo

Vita :

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Diablo has a story? :P

PS: Are you playing with other people? Diablo 2 got really good when the difficulty ramped up and you played with other people. Teamwork is great.

Yeah, it's got a story. Dead coming back to live, monsters rising up out of the earth from hell, you have to stop it.

It's totally got a story. Just one that's pretty much the template for every dark fantasy there's ever been.

Some vehicles tell it well and it's engaging. Others, like Diablo, not so much.

I played with my nephew, mostly. It's pretty fun. Good graphics, fun gameplay, simple, intuitive. It's good. Not game of the year, not even top five material compared to what we've seen some other years. But good.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Heh, wasn't actually expecting a response.

Diablo's story only serves to give you a passing reason to kill stuff, get loot, so you can kill bigger stuff (to get better loot.)

It's deliciously circular logic.

You need to play with three other people on Hell difficulty...The game is just so damn addictive.

GotY material? Hah...more like Game I'll be playing for the next Decade material.

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
PS3

Game of Thrones-It's Dragon age set in Westeros. The animations are laughably bad and the textures are Oblivion tier. Only it's 2012. The great thing is that, as a fan of the books and TV show, actually running around Westeros gives me an idea of the scope of the world, especially in terms of geography. Also, it's cool to be able to play a priest of R'hlor because of all the stuff Thoros of Mir did off the page. And the story's interesting and is well woven into the events of the first book. The biggest problem is that it feels dated. I'll finish it but I doubt I'll return to it. One more thing: it's strange that they didn't take a little more time to make the models for some characters look more like their TV counterparts, considering they use the soundtrack and imagery from the TV show at every chance. I ran into Qhorin Halfhand and he looks NOTHING like he does in the TV show. But the game wants me to believe it takes place in the same version of the story as the TV show. Just a strange incongruity.

Gears of War 3-just a little bit

DSi XL

Etrian Odyssey-Love this.

PC

Final Fantasy XIV

Praise for the Game of Thrones game (however meagre) and disses for Diablo in the same post? Bet you won't find too many people that share that opinion. ;)

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Arcade:
Metal Slug 2
Berzerk

XBOX 360:
Gears of War 3, working my way through the campaign
Akai Katana Shin, only shin mode clicks with me and it's a blast to play

iOS:
Pinball Arcade

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do yourself a favor and pick up the Game of Thrones board game.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Diablo III - I just got to Act III. I can't believe how cool the cut scenes are. I'm really enjoying this game. I love going into random dungeons and killing loads and loads of demons. Cool as hell.

Now I have Skyrim, Diablo 3, Legend of Grimrock and The Witcher on my PC. I've been spending most of my free time playing these games and reading fantasy novels (Elric and Tolkien). I'm not sure if I'll ever get back to fighting games, even with Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown coming out soon.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS3
Demon's Souls:My last save i deleted but i started it again for the fun,the reason on may 31st it's servers will be shut down.

Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Arcade (pcb)
Progear
Ninja Baseball Bat Man (great game!)

Neo
Slug 4
KoF2k

Akai Katana
Child of Eden
Williams Pinball Classics
Sine Mora

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Praise for the Game of Thrones game (however meagre) and disses for Diablo in the same post? Bet you won't find too many people that share that opinion. ;)

Yeah, that's pretty weird. In a certain context, I did just that.

But just so there's no misunderstanding, Diablo III is the better game, by a mile.

Also, a lot of that same info in the GoT game can be found in the tabletop role playing game books, minus the uninspired gameplay, dated graphics and terrible animations.

'duff:

I snagged the GoT board game the day it came out. I'd heard so many legendary things about the first edition that I wanted to get it, but the game and the expansions are going for way too much money these days. Strangely enough, after I bought the second edition, a friend of mine gave me his copy of the first edition for free. Turns out he received it as a gift a long time ago but it was a bit too complicated for him and he hadn't read the books so he wasn't interested enough in it to figure it out. He loved the 2nd edition board game but didn't ever see himself playing it outside of our circle so he let me have it. Now I just need to find the expansions for the right price for collecting's sake.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Xbox 360

Bayonetta - I bought it 2 weeks ago but started a new game when I got far realizing I was playing it wrong, lol. I didn't mess with the item maker and always got hit a lot, so I never had money to buy skills, upgrades, etc...

The Walking Dead - I love this series. They gave it the comic book feel and it is a major improvement over the other Telltale games other than the Monkey Island remakes.

PS3

Trine 2 - Got it free with my PS Plus account. I never played the first though.

Sonic CD - I love everything about this release. US and JP music and actually is in widescreen HD.

PC

Heretic - I bet you guys didn't see that one coming, lol. I am on a classic FPS PC kick. I am using the doomsday engine to run it, and it is actually very nice once you tweak it the way you want.

PS2

Dragon Quest 8 - Finally near the end of this game for the first time after owning it since 2003 or so. I have too many RPGs and have trouble completing them due to my RPG ADD like nature.