Whatcha been playin? (20/05/12)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
PC:
Diablo III
Civilization 5
SWTOR

I have a lot of time logged in SWTOR. The levelling aspect of the game is more like a mindnumbingly boring beatemup than an RPG, but smacking Sith around in the PvP warzones is worth the price of admission.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
-PS3-
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: SOTN
Sly Cooper
Shank 2

-PSVita-
Disgaea 3

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Xbox360
Max Payne 3

I'm saving my hard playthrough for after I've completely finished the mulitplayer achievements. Of those, all that are left are the weapon unlocks (level 40) and the character level cap (level 50) achievements. I'm hoping to have those done by the weekend, but it may take longer than that since I am such a poor player when it comes to competitive online stuffs.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Yeah, that's pretty weird. In a certain context, I did just that.

But just so there's no misunderstanding, Diablo III is the better game, by a mile.

Also, a lot of that same info in the GoT game can be found in the tabletop role playing game books, minus the uninspired gameplay, dated graphics and terrible animations.

'duff:

I snagged the GoT board game the day it came out. I'd heard so many legendary things about the first edition that I wanted to get it, but the game and the expansions are going for way too much money these days. Strangely enough, after I bought the second edition, a friend of mine gave me his copy of the first edition for free. Turns out he received it as a gift a long time ago but it was a bit too complicated for him and he hadn't read the books so he wasn't interested enough in it to figure it out. He loved the 2nd edition board game but didn't ever see himself playing it outside of our circle so he let me have it. Now I just need to find the expansions for the right price for collecting's sake.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a dig. I was justing pointing out the idea that you have interesting opinions -- because you do. :)

P.S. I've heard the board game is a lot of fun, but I don't know who I'd play it with. I've tried to get some board gaming in with my friends but no one ever wants to do it, so I gave up on the idea a long time ago (sometime around when Talisman got rereleased, if you can believe that).

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a dig. I was justing pointing out the idea that you have interesting opinions -- because you do. :)

P.S. I've heard the board game is a lot of fun, but I don't know who I'd play it with. I've tried to get some board gaming in with my friends but no one ever wants to do it, so I gave up on the idea a long time ago (sometime around when Talisman got rereleased, if you can believe that).

If you ever play the boardgame with people, make sure they are people that either don't take gaming seriously or can 'leave it at the table.'

It's one of the most cutthroat boardgames I've ever played. In order to win at the game, you find yourself making alliances with people, lying to them, bluffing, negotiating at the table while your enemies are right there, which is an interesting metagaming element considering secrets always get out in settings of feudal political intrigue anyway, and generally having to play shell games within shell games.

And another cool aspect is that the world is in motion as well, and you can't spend all your resources just making alliances and fucking people over. World events, like wildling attacks, can happen too. If that happens and people don't contribute to the defense, they lose position and resources.

The coolest thing is that the player who sits on the Iron Throne decides the outcome of all ties unless one of the players has an item or status that overrides the tie.

It's a really fascinating boardgame, and very well made. But it actually encourages lies, deceit and trickery to win. Realistic, but dedicated tabletop and boardgamers are generally proud people and they don't like being outsmarted while gaming in front of their peers.

HeartlessNinny

Damn, that sounds awesome. Maybe I'll hassle my pals about it anyway, even if I don't think I'll get anywhere.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Wrapped up Megaman X4 for PS2 and now playing Rockman X4 for Saturn. Now I had and completed the US Saturn version and I notice some regional differences. Immediately I notice the opening animation has a jpop song instead of instrumental. The Title screen has some cool slide by art with X and Zero before the Rockman X4 title and announcer shows. Voice acting for every boss at the beginning and during battles much like Megaman 8 (which makes them much easier to defeat as they now audibly telegraph attacks). Voice acting all around is MUCH better (which isn't saying much) and the save screen and load times are super fast.

Also it could be my imagination but the bosses all seem to be much easier. Like they don't seem to hit as hard and my attacks seem to do more damage. I don't know...can anyone confirm any difference between the 2 versions?

HeartlessNinny

I don't know much about the different versions, but Megaman X4 is one of my favourite games in the whole series. :buttrock:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Added

HOTD 3
Wipeout: HD
Shank 2
Sideways: NY

finally got HOTD3 for myself yesterday, I imagine it's not a bug but maybe it is as I've never heard anyone say anything about it, but does the gunshot sound cancel itself when firing again in all versions of HOTD3? makes rapidly shooting sound weird and less satisfying than it should be, maybe something about the console guns allow a faster firerate than what is possible in the arcade and the gunfire soudns are not suposed to overlap at all :( otherwise awesome game, awesome with the move sharpshooter with the shotgun style reloading and all :)

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
finally got HOTD3 for myself yesterday, I imagine it's not a bug but maybe it is as I've never heard anyone say anything about it, but does the gunshot sound cancel itself when firing again in all versions of HOTD3? makes rapidly shooting sound weird and less satisfying than it should be, maybe something about the console guns allow a faster firerate than what is possible in the arcade and the gunfire soudns are not suposed to overlap at all :( otherwise awesome game, awesome with the move sharpshooter with the shotgun style reloading and all :)

I noticed that but it didn't take me out of the game