What's the main thing behind all of this "occupy" stuff?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Did you mean KOF XIII? Why are there so many fuck-ups with this?
Probably because XIII is just the game that they had originally planned to release as XII, if they hadn't been forced to release it half-finished. XIII kind of is XII.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

This will answer all of your questions.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Its because the 1% are behind golden week, which fucked up KOF XII's release.

Golden week is chinese.
We had to put up with their golden week
when I was working as a test engineer.
Oh well, I guess we had our holidays too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the hipster who spends 80 percent of his income on wacky ironic clothes and mustache growth supplements.

Bobak?

Theres an older thread in the war room.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=h...11/11/17/explain-it-to-me-occupy-movement.cnn

I think that as a movement to raise awareness of the wealth issues in America, the OWS movement works. But what people are misunderstanding is that the movement is not to force changes, as much as encourage change.

The other thing is we hear a lot of talk about "well people should go roll up their sleeves and do the hard work they think they're too good to do." Problem with that is most of the people who are angry have rolled up their sleeves. They're working shitty dead end jobs, and they don't all have shitty degrees. And why do shitty degrees even exist? Best thing for America would be to cripple the college ranking of any school offering shitty degrees. The apologists have their arguments for why OWS is a failure, but those arguments are based on the "have nots" being incompetent, lazy and stupid. Yeah, because if everyone was an engineer and a doctor, then what? Engineers and doctors would get paid less and the wealth gap would be the same. Cool.

eh. whatever.

Gigaton Chode

Zero's Tailor
Just a bunch of uppity fools trying to dethrone our corporate masters.

They should really just go Bolshevik already instead of pretending they're the next Martin Luther Kong Jr. or whateverthehell you fools worship these days.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
thanks to the people that had real answers and lol at KOF II/III as well as a couple other comments :D I'm definitely not one of the 1% if it is 1%, LOL. but like someone said, none of the media really asks them why they're there. Nobody really cares why they're mad, or the 1%-10% owns the media and just wants them to focus on the bad to keep the people down, lol. Anyways, thanks for the info.

also: This message is hidden because Soilwork is on your ignore list.

This fits perfectly, lol. Someone who's trying to make themselves seen, but I don't listen to him or care what he says anyways. It's like I have my very own personal "neo-geo.com hobo occupy protester", lol.

Marek

Banned
exactly.

And people say a lot of the 1% didn't do anything/inherited it/etc...who gives a fuck. They're sure a helluva lot smarter than the average joe.

LOL

You are a fucking fool if you bleieve that.

Way to project your own insecurities onto the sociological schemata of today.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love knowing that NGT still reads each and every one of my posts.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The other thing is we hear a lot of talk about "well people should go roll up their sleeves and do the hard work they think they're too good to do." Problem with that is most of the people who are angry have rolled up their sleeves. They're working shitty dead end jobs, and they don't all have shitty degrees. And why do shitty degrees even exist? Best thing for America would be to cripple the college ranking of any school offering shitty degrees. The apologists have their arguments for why OWS is a failure, but those arguments are based on the "have nots" being incompetent, lazy and stupid. Yeah, because if everyone was an engineer and a doctor, then what? Engineers and doctors would get paid less and the wealth gap would be the same. Cool.

eh. whatever.

I would say currently most any degree is shitty because of the market. Most any job; at least where I'm at is a dead end job. Right now it simply comes down to luck and your network to get a job and keep it. Sadly not ability ie job experience and or education.

I don't know if anybody remembers the early nineties but the job market was poor and flooded with bachelor’s degrees. Some had to bus tables for a bit. Thing about this recession is its lasted 3-4 years versus 4-18 months like the rest of them in our lives so far. I strongly believe any degree under normal circumstances gives you an advantage. Not only for getting employment but making you a well rounded educated person, more capable of critical thought and making informed decisions.
I could see how it could cripple some though. Say you go to art school that cranks out 10k students a year for some weird animation program that only 100 jobs are created yearly worldwide and then they charge them $35,000 a year for it. No core general education included.
Not everybody is cut out to be a doctor, engineer, professor or fast food worker. A society needs a diverse workforce to support it.

I disagree with a couple points in the blog, one flipping burgers isn’t a real job for anybody. I worked fast food for a few years. Say you've got 20 employees; only three of them get enough hours to almost do something with that money. Maybe pay utilities and food. The rest live with mom or dad or couch surf and work part time or less and just get enough to buy a music cd and a pair of pants. So how is “go get a job at McDonalds” any kind of an answer? I would guess it would be worse now because of the perceived future requirements of health care benefits of full time employees. Seems like the job market was a game of musical chairs.

I say the answer is do it yourself. Start your own business. If these "job creators" are on strike or too weak to be innovative then it's our duty to step up and bat clean up for them. Only problem, at this second I'm not seeing any money being spent in the market. Whenever I’ve gone out in public for the last few months all the retail stores are desolate. What things I do see people buying at large chains or grocery stores is just enough to get them through today or maybe this week. They'll give you a nasty look if you get enough stuff for a week or two. Unless things just snap out of it soon I'm predicting one of the worst fourth quarters in modern recorded history.
Give you an example, the bar next to my warehouse closed. Even if I didn't have to make any investments and I could run the bar rent free I don't believe in the economy enough to generate income to even be able to pay its utilities. The place is 25k Sqft. Several months of the year the bills run up to $3-4k. That’s a lot of beer. Nobody else seems to either and the place sits empty. You'd really almost need a product that didn't need customer’s, maybe one good client. I strongly believe any wealth has been stripped from the upper middle class and lower. Most were just living off debt in the first place before the recession hit.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have thought about moving to India to work in a call center.

My company pays people in India some pretty decent wages. If you want to go to Chennai let me know. I'll hook you up!

As per the Occupy stuff. I walked into Occupy LA yesterday on my way to lunch. Very orderly here, at least. Cops and the mysterious members of the 99% (none of which I know, I guess my friends and I are all a part of the 1%, or some subset of the 99% that doesn't quite fit into this 99%'s schema and ideas). Regardless, Hill and Broadway around 4th to 6th were being occupied with a constant revolving march. The odd thing is, you're not going to find a better example of a working-class area of downtown LA than Hill and Broadway around 4th to 6th. I'm not sure if that's just because it was easy to be there (the cops had blocked the streets and were directing traffic around the area and making sure the marchers were safe) or if they had some message they wanted to send to the small business owners in the area, but it seemed like it was just hurting them more than anything else. What do I know, though... With all their drum banging and marching, they didn't seem to be sending any real coherent message other than the few signs that read "We need more jobs."

It's hard to find anyone I know, especially those that live in and around downtown, that take anything the protestors do seriously. The numerous parody Facebook groups, like Occupy Spring Street (referencing the Spring Street Bar) seem to stress that point as well.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
This message is hidden because Soilwork is on your ignore list.

Time to take down your tent and move on. "Mission Occupy NGT's Nuts" is over, lol.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
What did the 99% do to earn the money they feel entitled to in the name of "fairness"?
A fun statement I read by an economist recently was that inheritance is the largest predictor of wealth, not effort.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Wasabi as per usual actually gets it.

All those broke people during the great depression should of rolled up their sleeves!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I'd rather the rich hold the wealth than the plebs.
As long as you realize that's what they're doing right now, holding it. Just don't let them trick you into thinking they're doing some sort of betterment of society by doing so.

Just throwing just stats off the top of my head:
15% of America is living at or below the poverty level
13% are using public food assistance
9% are unemployed, that only counts people who are able ready and willing to work that lost thier job to no fault of thier own. It doesn't count people who's benefits have expired, are disgruntled and stopped looking for work, arnt qualified for a job or have some sort of disability. Who knows what the real number of people who would like a job but can't find one are.
35% of males under 35 are living with thier folks. % for women is a little less.

You support that, and I don't know why you would...but thats up to you though. Sometimes its easier to stick your head in the sand than to admit that there is a problem. I would hope most people could agree on that though. That the economic climate in the United States is less than desireable.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
This message is hidden because Soilwork is on your ignore list.

Time to take down your tent and move on. "Mission Occupy NGT's Nuts" is over, lol.

What's the point in putting someone on ignore if it makes you feel obligated to reply and make it known to everyone that he's on your ignore list? Doesn't that take more energy than just not reading his posts?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Everyone benefits when the rich are neither punished or rewarded for being rich.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Everyone benefits when the rich are neither punished or rewarded for being rich.

Right. Outcome inequality is the inevitable result of freedom. More OWS guys get that than the movement's detractors seem to realize.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
What's the point in putting someone on ignore if it makes you feel obligated to reply and make it known to everyone that he's on your ignore list? Doesn't that take more energy than just not reading his posts?

I don't read his posts, lol. The kid trolls me like a bridge. I would guess that every one of his posts in any thread I've made was about me. Either that, or if I post in another thread, he's in there within 2-3 posts. It's kind of my "fuck you". It does make me laugh every time I see it in one of my threads though.