When was your best year?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Maybe 1989. I was 19, had just bought my first motorbike (a used Yamaha RD 500), cool music everywhere, still had my health and all my friends were still alive, as were my parents, I felt like on top of the world, brave, bold, indestructible, magical. New horizons, a journey, a real trip to remember. One year before I had bought my first synth and started to make music in earnest, had my first two gigs that year at a local club and had just met my later wife for the first time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Financially 2020-2021 as I accepted a new position at work, saved a lot of money, but then I got laid off end of 2021 lol.

A favorite though? Don’t think I have one. I look back fondly on many periods, but I dunno - I tend to like who I am now, in the moment, the best.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I actually wasn't joking about my 2020 comment earlier. As an introvert it was a good time. I got a lot of projects done, spent time with the family, had plenty of money, played some cool games, etc.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Some point in the last five years. Financially stable, happy/healthy relationship, going on fun vacations. No amount of drinking/drug taking or banging randos in the my late teens/early 20s can make up for those other things. Barring unforeseen health or personal disaster, next year could well be the best yet.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Some point in the last five years. Financially stable, happy/healthy relationship, going on fun vacations. No amount of drinking/drug taking or banging randos in the my late teens/early 20s can make up for those other things. Barring unforeseen health or personal disaster, next year could well be the best yet.
Money is the greatest liberator.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I love where I'm am in life right now. Lovely wife, three kids and a good job. We go out to the city hang out in hipster coffee bars, all the hipsters charmed by my lovely children but also flabbergasted at the fact why would anybody make three.

I do sometimes miss all the drinking and the drugs but when I do go out with younger friends from work. (once in a blue moon) I often regret it and think meh. If you can't hunt for ladies what is the point ? Just going for drinks with friends is still boss ofcourse

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
1997 21 years old, still in college, dated a girl briefly in the summer, fun games and movies came out