Where do we go from here...?

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
This might sound like a dumb question, but it's been on my mind for a while:

If mankind (as a whole) managed to do away with all of the non-naturally occuring perceivable evils in the world (genocide, poverty, corruption, etc), what would be the next problem? I mean, when you get down to it, every problem the in the world has been repeated historically, so I suppose what I'm really asking is...what new way is there to fuck up?

...?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Andy Is A Bastard said:

If mankind (as a whole) managed to do away with all of the non-naturally occuring perceivable evils in the world (genocide, poverty, corruption, etc), what would be the next problem? I mean, when you get down to it, every problem the in the world has been repeated historically, so I suppose what I'm really asking is...what new way is there to fuck up?

...?

i don't think it will ever happen, but i figure the next frontier of fuck ups is
either when we discover time travel, or new worlds with younger civilizations
to screw around with.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
rarehero said:
i don't think it will ever happen, but i figure the next frontier of fuck ups is
either when we discover time travel, or new worlds with younger civilizations
to screw around with.

we know how to travel time, but its pretty much impossible. Thank god for that....us going back in time is just asking for disaster

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Mars bitches.

If something like that ever happened I expect some crap with cloning or space travel to come into play. Messing up the Earth with global warming and humans having to go into space.

Just like some bad scifi universe set up.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Undiscovered viruses lurking in the deep recesses of the rainforest we haven't deforested yet.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
If we solved all those problems, then our next problem would be what new jobs do we place anyone involved in "making things right"?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Andy Is A Bastard said:
If mankind (as a whole) managed to do away with all of the non-naturally occuring perceivable evils in the world (genocide, poverty, corruption, etc), what would be the next problem?

Tough question to answer since it's impossible for man to do that.

We may have advanced with technology, but at its deepest core, mankind still shares traits from ancestors millions of years ago.

Edit: Area 5 Rez :)

Last edited:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Andy Is A Bastard said:

..?

Simple really.

Mankind is not capable of EVER dong away with those things. But of course since no one takes the Bible seriously one cannot know this. Mankind is born with sin from original sin, every thought we have is inherently evil or twisted in one manner or another. Thus even if we did have peace on Earth achieved by our own merits without GOD getting involved, it would only last a span of maybe a quarter century if that. Then begining with a single person questioning things and not wanting to conform to what everyone else is doing... or someone began envying another for either a posession or a person they themselves did not have would spark violence to have and/or control it. Someone tired of being in the same status would rediscover that a balled up fist can do damage to another. It be like those apes in 2001: Space Oddessey learning a mere bone can make a smaller ape dominant.

The shit would start up again. Eventually violence, greed, corruption and more would manifest. But in the end it'll be as it shall, and GOD will be right when he destroys this beautiful but fucked up world that has destroyed the innocence in most of us. I've come to the point that I really don't care whether tommorow there's a global nuclear war, if it's the Tributlation period of the Bible or who's president. It's clearly evident that anything we do is wrong even after being saved by the grace (not our works) of Jesus's spilt blood and sacrifice. None of us can measure up and quite frankly I find that depressing. THE MAN is going to have his way in the end no matter what we be us saved sinners or unsaved sinners does. Money won't and doesn't have any Real value... time is something only man came up with for feeble minded reasons and is outside the realm of GOD... Our endeavors are towards things that produce only fleeting "things" that we cannot take with us. So I say fuck it.

Who gives a fuck? Try your best to mind your business. Pray to the Lord to forgive you when you screw up (if you've already accepted his sacrifice and understand nothing you do saves you from damnation, but only his sacrifice and his grace keeps GOD the fathers wrath from you. Not neccessarily "lost blessings" but his ultimate resolve)
Do good deed because you want to, not because you have to.
Stand your ground and fuck anyone up that won't respect your space.
LIVE what fleeting goodness their is to experience in this life always pushing yourself to the edge.
Accept the fact nothing we do really means shit, then go about your day.

Somehow or another, one way or another... it's all gone and when it's gone GOOD. Doesn't mean I hate living, but when there's no point to having ambitions because the fruit produced ultimately doesn't matter, well just live life minute to minute... fuck ten year plans, and really who gives a fuck if mankind could erradicate evil? Doesn't matter what president we have, they're all on the take on one level or another. Politics is bullshit, the laws of the land aren't steeped in reality but rather a contract to be bullied and accept bullshit because others were too weak to stand up for themselves.

pffffft... :annoyed:

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
Mars bitches.

If something like that ever happened I expect some crap with cloning or space travel to come into play. Messing up the Earth with global warming and humans having to go into space.

Just like some bad scifi universe set up.
God damn it, I can't think of a good Doom joke to place here.

PopeCuervoLime

Avid Neo-Expert
15 Year Member
I bump everything Storm just said. This thread reminds me of a few sayings:

1. There is nothing new under the sun.
2. The more things change the more they stay the same.

We'll always find a way to fuck something up but since technology has allowed us wider avenues of misfortune I give you the following frontier:

Animal. Human. Hybrids.

Not as science fiction as you might think; Google around a little. Mice injected with human DNA to study disease, weird stem cell shit independent of that South Korean guy faking his research, and the guy that cloned Dolly now given permission to start messing with human DNA.

We'll come up with a lot of good reasons to jack around with the human body's programming but you know there will always be that small group that's too damn curious for its own good.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Interesting topic. According to religion, (don't flame) one day, the world will be pure and free of all "bad things" In the meantime, theoretically, if the world today was one like Demolition Man's world, methinks as well, time travel would fuck lots of stuff up. The fact the suns getting bigger and hotter = burnt earth, to much contraception and weird malnutrition effects of food pills, etc.

Jeesh, im happy im dying in the 2000's and not the 10000's.

H

hermegildo

This is a not the kind of thread I'd usually post in.

Moose said:
Jeesh, im happy im dying in the 2000's and not the 10000's.
I'm quite the opposite.

I'm not a religious person by far and, over the past few months, I've been feeling somewhat frustrated by the fact that my time here will end and I will not have scratched even the surface of the knowledge out there. It's something that crosses my mind every few days and it's something I quickly try to take my mind off.

Think of everything that man has created in the last century alone, everything from nukes to the theory of relativity to DNA and genetics to the motherfucking internet. Maybe it's just that this is the only timeframe I've lived in, but it seems like we as a race are going forward by leaps in this day and age. Think of where we will be in the next hundred years, or in the next thousand, and even that is probably but a fraction of the time our planet has.

I mean, what's going to happen to me? I'll graduate, get a job, maybe get married (*gasp*) and have children (*gasp* x2) and then what? I'll never get an answer to these questions and that is what's so frustrating. Sometimes, as weird as this may sound, I wish I'd been born when we had more answers. Then again, we live in a world where people from all over the world can discuss about shit like this almost instanteaneously, so maybe this is the future.

One day at a time I guess, that's the only thing we can do.

I think this will be my last post for the night (not really), I'm going to work on my 20 second short now.

:annoyed:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Well if time travel ever does become a tangilbe reality in our lifetime,
most of us probably won't have ever existed, cause I'm going back
to 8 years prior to Christopher Columbo's landing on the American
Continent and I'm going to have something waiting for the first
fucker to step off the Mayflower + having come from the future ALL
the Native Americans will see me as having "Great Medicine" and we'll
be armed to the teeth and AS ONE. And kill every last fucking settler,
sink the ships and get to creating things that are clearly 100 years more
advanced than what was then... then invade Europe.

But alas it's not going to happen so we're all safe.
I hate what this nation morphed into, but even I am
a slave to tech in one form or another.

ahh... Fuck the future.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Okay I'm just bored now... don't mind the above.

Gotta' take a Forrest Dump anyhow.

:loco:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Moose said:
According to religion,

I was meditating yesterday when Osiris knocked on my door and asked me to handle some snakes. Then moses turned one of the snakes into Ganesh's trunk and we danced with Huitzilopochtli while chanting "Alleluia Confitemini".

After we fix all that bad stuff we'll probably create a second religion and screw that up, too.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I'm going to urinate off a tall building and hit the
passerbys. BECAUSE I CAN. :kekeke:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
hermegildo's fear of his own mortality makes me feel arm inside.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
It's because I lack faith.

:crying:

01-14-1.jpg

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
I'm not a religious person by far and, over the past few months, I've been feeling somewhat frustrated by the fact that my time here will end and I will not have scratched even the surface of the knowledge out there. It's something that crosses my mind every few days and it's something I quickly try to take my mind off.

Don't worry. The things of this earth will cease to matter after you take your last breath. But then death opens up another can of worms...

Robi15

20 Year Member
nearest? hmm.. 2050 man lands on Mars.. 2100 more people on mars..colonies. 2300 mars gets independent.. 2301 "star wars" battle between the earth and mars.. 2302 both planets get anhiliated.. last man is alone in the international (now very advanced and big) playstat..ehm.. space station.. and grows tomatoes and potatoes to survive.. hmm..