For Games.
20 Year Member
It should be awesome...

But I just can't get into it.......

I would rather play something like SFII: World Warior

Why is that?

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
Personally, I consider the Guilty Gear series the best fighters next to the Samurai Spirits games. Deep, complex, and pure fun.

Perhaps you just can't get into the characters, so you don't totaly absorb yourself into the game. Maybe you are turned off to metal music? Perhaps you just enjoy something a bit simpler like SF2 that still supplies a great deal of enjoyment?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Guilty Pleasure said:
Personally, I consider the Guilty Gear series the best fighters next to the Samurai Spirits games. Deep, complex, and pure fun.

Perhaps you just can't get into the characters, so you don't totaly absorb yourself into the game. Maybe you are turned off to metal music? Perhaps you just enjoy something a bit simpler like SF2 that still supplies a great deal of enjoyment?

I find the music borring...

But I don't understand why I dont like it.

Put KOF99, SFA, SFIII, SFII in front of me and I'll play it.

My arcade has xx and I just walk out after 4 computer matches....

It just seems like such a boring fighter.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Computer matches are always boring.

XX #Reload is one of the best and deepest fighters ever.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Wow dude, I could only dream of having an XX cab at an arcade around me.

But different strokes for different folks, I cant get into any Street fighter game pre III so I am considered crazy.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
no tech throws
and throw priorities that change in repoducible situations.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Spike said:
But different strokes for different folks

I agree. at the end of the day, we all look for slightly different or vastly different blends within the same games. I personally found kof99 to be the most boring kof by a long margin.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Usualy I only get bored with 3d fighters....

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Usualy I only get bored with 3d fighters....

Same here except with Project Justice.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
gamejunkie said:
I only first played this a couple days ago... All I have to say is WOW!
Yeah I would have to agree. Project Justice is really the only 3D fighter I like. I guess it's cause it has a 2D feel to me.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
is a cool game but some people(SF fan's) can't get used to the buttons(neo style)
other then that i can't think of any other reason.....i like the GG serie's with the exception of GG isuka..it suck's

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
I still need to get GG Isuka for PS2 (is it better than XX?).

So far I've only played GG on the PS1 years ago...I thought it sucked.

BIG

sony fanboy
Same here,I'm not a big fan of the GG games,either.

Uninteresting characters,weak storyline,and a mEh combo system....just can't get into it.

B-

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
A great deal of this gets down to personal opinion.

If you like it, great.

If not, then FUCK YOU for being a dumb-ass!!!!!! (Just kidding mate)

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
What makes you guys like/dislike the game? What are the concepts of the gameplay?

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
ForeverSublime said:
What makes you guys like/dislike the game? What are the concepts of the gameplay?

For me, its' the deep, branching, flexible combo system + great 2D visuals and spectacular music. Some of the character designs are great, some are worthless (like any fighter). Overall, I like most of the characters, and I enjoy using a variety, yet I still have "best" characters.

All in all, it's just plain fun, and I never bore of it.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
Cool, how does the combo system work? Is it interesting and unique?
...it very..very(very) simple ..just a one button lauch and the enemy knock into air(paralyzed) and let you do you thing it you basic repeated button mashing(it suck's when you are on the recieving end..in a 2player vs mode)

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
racecar said:
...it very..very(very) simple ..just a one button lauch and the enemy knock into air(paralyzed) and let you do you thing it you basic repeated button mashing(it suck's when you are on the recieving end..in a 2player vs mode)

No, it isn't. You are talking about a "dust attack", which is a very small element in the game play.

The combo system is called "Gattling". Specifing normal moves can cancel into each other (Not like a dail-a-combo, system) and later can be linked or traded with other normal moves, specials, or supers. Juggles exsist, and roman cancels allow you to interrupt anotherwise un-cancelable moves to set up longer strings at the sacrafice of your tension meter. However, the larger your combo, the more the damage ratio scales down, so huge strings are not always the best idea.

The system is very flexable, and allows you to be creative. Not every move can link into another, so you need to learn each characters styles. Many combos are shared, but each combo possibility can have very different results, especially with juggles and air combos.

I could go on, but I'm hungry.

Laters.

Last edited:

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
If you've ever played Vampire Hunter or Savior, the combo system is pretty similar. Another system is the Roman Cancel system, which works like breaking in Mark of the Wolves, except you can cancel just about any move at the cost of half of your Tension (super meter). In XX they added False Roman Cancels, which allow you to only cancel certain moves at an exact frame, and for only 1/3 Tension.

Another useful system from XX is Bursting, which allows you to escape from any combo (you can't use it during a super/overdrive). You can only use it when your Burst guage is at max, and it only fills when you are attacked. You do start every match with it full, but it doesn't reset every round so you need to be careful when you use it.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Guilty Pleasure said:
Juggles exsist, and roman cancels allow you to interrupt anotherwise un-cancelable moves to set up longer strings at the sacrafice of your tension meter.

Bah, Juggling * :annoyed:

The cancels sound well thought out. With the relation to the tension meter it shows that the developers took time to plan the move sets. From what I've been exposed to many cancels are just bugs in the code.

Is a "Roman" cancel a term used in all games? Or is it specifically related to this game and the ability to cancel otherwise uncancelable moves (that doesn't quite make sense to me - I suppose a slash you could cancel out of at any time, but a super you would need part of your meter, correct)?

Robert

20 Year Member
After the "WOH HI RES" effect of the first games, I just shut down the PS2 and switch to KOF 2003. Don't say it's bad, it's just I don't like it.

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
ForeverSublime said:
Bah, Juggling * :annoyed:

The cancels sound well thought out. With the relation to the tension meter it shows that the developers took time to plan the move sets. From what I've been exposed to many cancels are just bugs in the code.

Is a "Roman" cancel a term used in all games? Or is it specifically related to this game and the ability to cancel otherwise uncancelable moves (that doesn't quite make sense to me - I suppose a slash you could cancel out of at any time, but a super you would need part of your meter, correct)?

Roman Cancel is the name used only in the Guilty Gear series. Roam cancels are used to cancel some normal moves, special moves, and even Supers. Yes, it does use some of your meter. There is also the False Roman Cancel, whci can both trip up your oppenent, and fool them into using thier burst (a move like a reversal that uses up an entire "Burst Meter). The Burst meter is filled as you take damage.

The juggles are skill based, not the super-easy.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
ForeverSublime said:
Is a "Roman" cancel a term used in all games?
Only in the GG series.

(that doesn't quite make sense to me - I suppose a slash you could cancel out of at any time, but a super you would need part of your meter, correct)?
You can only FRC supers as far as I know. Normals and specials can be either. All RCs take meter, FRCs just take less.