Why hardly ever any Amazon complaint threads?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Not as many as there used to be but Ebay complaint threads used to pop up here multiple times a day.

Amazon is just as bad if not worse in some ways.

Why do I think there's not as much hate towards Amazon?

#1 people hate giving other people their money, it's cool though to get it to a faceless mega corporation though or a rich person.

#2 You get your stuff in the mail in a couple days. Everybody these days has ADHD

Here's my complaints about Amazon.

Gifting:
It's can very hard to leave reviews, make a returns for gifted items.

Poor descriptions, no photos for used items. Frequently.

I'll by something that says new or like new and after I pay for it it shows up in my orders as used and refurbished.

Expired crap, if you buy consumables from third party sellers chances are it's long been expired. Usually they don't let you know in the descriptions.

Prices/items change between adding to lists and moving to cart. Items randomly added.

Handling times are currently horrible. Ordered a case and memory card took almost two weeks to get. I dunno what's going on somthing about essential items and dildos.

Workers are all treated like crap, from the managerial level all the way down to warehouse workers. Well documented. They love not paying corporate income taxes.

Bozos claims to be a fee love tree hugger, business model is horrible for the environment. Needs to at least make reusable packaging.

Reviews are frequently for other items or models not the ones you're buying.

Reviews are frequently biased or fake made by a person being compensated for it or the company itself trying to sell the product.

Oders frequently wrong, missing an item the wrong item or not the quantity you ordered.

Now you need to pay extra for free food "pantry" shipping

Little to no protective shipping materials used (bubble wrap- peanuts)

Reserved for when I remember more things

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I dont hate Amazon

I hate Jeff Bezos

EBay is pretty easy to avoid. Amazon really isn't anymore, especially if you live somewhere rural.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Amazon does a better job of making 3rd party sellers look like you're buying from a store.

eBay is widely known as a bazaar, a wild west of selling, even total dolts know you should be a little careful buying on eBay.

Some of this is justified, Amazon does a little better job of screening product, but some is not, you end up on a product page and click buy, it isn't too uncommon to have the only item be available from a 3rd party, but you checkout 'through Amazon' and it looks no different except for shipping time than it does to buy an Amazon item.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're talking about, but it is at least tangentially related.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Amazon is great. Should have bought more of it back when it was 1600.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Amazon's search engine is straight up garbage unless you know exactly what you're looking for. Pages of crap show up that barely resemble what you searched for.

Amazon charges high commission fees to third parties.

Amazon uses their monopoly power and unlimited resources to price matches competitor deals.

Amazon copies thousands of successful products and releases their own knock offs for cheap.

Thanks to Amazon, everyone expects products to be shipped within hours.

I hope someone drives an Amazon truck right over Bezos' bald head.

That being said, I order from Amazon all the time.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Amazon's search engine is straight up garbage unless you know exactly what you're looking for. Pages of crap show up that barely resemble what you searched for.

Amazon uses their monopoly power and unlimited resources to price matches competitor deals.

Amazon copies thousands of successful products and releases their own knock offs for cheap.

Yeah totally CANNOT go kids toy shopping on it because the search engine sucks so bad.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet

:lolz:

Never had a problem with 'em myself, but I just mostly stuck with eBay as long as I could because sales taxes weren't imposed in my state till the start of this year... Amazon fell to taxation many years prior.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There should've been a revolution when sales tax was added to online purchases.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I don't hate amazon that's not to say they have become to big for there own good.They have become a monopoly when it comes to buying online.The most i hate when third party sellers price gouge on just about any thing,amazon will turn a blind eye to it.

Beside becoming to big there's all ready rumors going around,amazon to buy amc movie theater chain.Since amc is going bankrupt at this point.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The only thing I don't like about Amazon is they never knock when they deliver a package. I just get the notification on my phone that the package has been delivered, with a photo of the box sitting outside my door.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Never bought anything from Amazon.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I bought a ps classic from Amazon US and had it shipped for less than buying it from a store locally. So my one and only purchase so far went well. I now regret this purchase.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Amazon is great here, not sure what the fuck you are doing wrong.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Amazon is great here, not sure what the fuck you are doing wrong.

True, I use amazon.de and never had any issues.
Since a couple of months there is amazon.nl but I didn't change my account.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Change Amazon to China and it still works.

It also explains why all this talk of decoupling is just that, talk. Because as much as people hate Amazon (China), in the end money talks.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Man you can literally shit in a box and return it to amazon and get a refund.

Plus you can find anything and have it in 24 hours. Anything.

The other day I ordered dog food, beef jerky, Blade Runner in 4k, a DJ Krush album on Vinyl and ink for my printer. Boom.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I, erm, quite like amazon

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
As someone who doesn't have kids it's so fucking easy not to use Amazon for anything. I'm not paying for that herb to go live in space

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Hate is a very strong word, I changed it to complaint.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
There should've been a revolution when sales tax was added to online purchases.

Except not enforcing it was basically an Amazon subsidy. How could brick & mortar compete? Hell, you probably could have made online pay double sales tax and they would have still beat a local shop on price.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Amazon pretty much revolutionized the way we shop online.

We've come a long away from signing up to receive a catalog, calling to place a order, and waiting like 2-3 weeks for a order to arrive. Eurosport, Eastbay, and I remember a popular skate one that I ordered from back in the days. Good times