Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't care about the bootlegs...weather is nice so I have plenty to do instead of watching TV. I'm going to watch in real time.

Episode 1 was typical season opener...boring.

I have to say...I fucking despise the dragon queen bitch. It may be the writing or the actress...but she just cuts through me. What a whiny bitch she is....having to hear her announce that she is a queen in ever fucking scene she is in is getting old...real old.

Yeah, the opener was definitely a low-key affair. They had to throw in some T&A to keep it interesting but even then it was 60% gayness, none of which is in any of the books I might add.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A lot of new stuff is being introduced, and I am reminded how much it bored me to read about the sparrows. And on top of that the sons of mereen isn't that great either. I imagine if they brought in Victarion with his boat which never seemed to dock over the span of feast for crows, the entire audience would drop off.

The show is very Grey Worm oriented. The book is not.

The house of black and white is another interesting point. In the books, it was run by the old man. In the show, the masses are given what they want, sadly.

At which rate I suppose the show will continue talking about Rhaegar in every episode until You know what happens between you know who and that other guy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How many of you guys think Grey Worm will find a red priestess that will give him a Victarion style flaming demon penis?

I hope that happens.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The house of black and white is another interesting point. In the books, it was run by the old man. In the show,the masses are given what they want, sadly.

Boldfaced for truth. One of the appealing things about the books is their sometimes unapologetic and uncompromising nature. The show has some elements of that too there is a tendency to give the audience too mush of what they want. This hurts the flow of the narrative because oftentimes key plot developments are rushed in the most horrible of ways (like the Sparrows or the voting that happens at the Wall) because they'd rather have scenes of Tyrion and Varys making jokes at one another that ultimately don't mean a fucking thing to the plot. It's why I would have no problem with seeing Tyrion go away: Dinklage was awesome early on but the character's presence is too much. Same with all the Grey Worm stuff-none of it really matters while other really big plot developments get short shrift.

Spoiler:
Arya isn't supposed to see a familiar face at The House of Black and White. It's kind of the fucking point that she abandons all notions of self and identity. She isnt supposed to have a 'friendly face' to ease her transition. That goes against the grain of the whole loss of individual identity. I don't hate that they used Jaqen but it just doesn't make any sense from a narrative standpoint for him to return.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Boldfaced for truth. One of the appealing things about the books is their sometimes unapologetic and uncompromising nature. The show has some elements of that too there is a tendency to give the audience too mush of what they want. This hurts the flow of the narrative because oftentimes key plot developments are rushed in the most horrible of ways (like the Sparrows or the voting that happens at the Wall) because they'd rather have scenes of Tyrion and Varys making jokes at one another that ultimately don't mean a fucking thing to the plot. It's why I would have no problem with seeing Tyrion go away: Dinklage was awesome early on but the character's presence is too much. Same with all the Grey Worm stuff-none of it really matters while other really big plot developments get short shrift.

Spoiler:
Arya isn't supposed to see a familiar face at The House of Black and White. It's kind of the fucking point that she abandons all notions of self and identity. She isnt supposed to have a 'friendly face' to ease her transition. That goes against the grain of the whole loss of individual identity. I don't hate that they used Jaqen but it just doesn't make any sense from a narrative standpoint for him to return.

Agreed on all points.

By episode 6 I expect Samwise Tarley to be in Braavos, and probably have Bran fight off the white walkers in a restaging of Lord of the Rings pt II.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
My parents canceled HBO so now I can't get HBO Go. Which sucks bad. They just canceled last Friday. So I have been watching Vikings. The poor man's Game of Thrones. But it's getting pretty damn good.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My parents canceled HBO so now I can't get HBO Go. Which sucks bad. They just canceled last Friday. So I have been watching Vikings. The poor man's Game of Thrones. But it's getting pretty damn good.

Vikings is pretty cool, but I feel the show's one weakness is its lack of characters you can get behind. I like Bjorn quite a bit, however. I haven't watched any of the third season yet. Gonna wait to have them all and then binge it.

Also, EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD needs to do themselves a favor and watch some motherfucking BLACK SAILS.

As a TV show, it shits all over Thrones. I love the Martin books and the story, but Black Sails works 1000X better as a TV show.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Vikings is pretty cool, but I feel the show's one weakness is its lack of characters you can get behind. I like Bjorn quite a bit, however. I haven't watched any of the third season yet. Gonna wait to have them all and then binge it.

Also, EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD needs to do themselves a favor and watch some motherfucking BLACK SAILS.

As a TV show, it shits all over Thrones. I love the Martin boos and the story, but Black Sails works 1000X better as a TV show.

Black Sails is a lot of fun.

Feels too short though. They need a better budget to make more shows.

Thankfully they are using their existing budget to make the best possible show in less episodes, rather than the opposite (walking dead).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Black Sails is a lot of fun.

Feels too short though. They need a better budget to make more shows.

Thankfully they are using their existing budget to make the best possible show in less episodes, rather than the opposite (walking dead).

Since Starz shows don't generally have as certain a future as HBO shows, they probably want to make sure they're covering all the necessary plot points and having the necessary character development to not only make them more interesting people but to also move the plot along.

You know, GoT has some great acting and stuff but sometimes I feel that they just stretch to fill. There is almost no filler in Black Sails. The characters are great and the plot moves all at the same time. Because every character and their arc is important to the evolution of the plot too.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Would you say sails is better than Spartacus?

Yeah, I probably would but I'd reserve the right to say it's not better if it doesn't end well or just goes off the rails in the wrong ways.

Spartacus was an awesome show and I have nothing bad to say about it but I like how grey the morality for Black Sails is right from the start.

Everyone is sort of in the same boat, no pun intended. They're all survivors clinging by a thread to what they want. In Spartacus, the intrigues were mostly on one side of the conflict.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Would you say sails is better than Spartacus?

I've just started watching Spartacus, and hit season 2 yesterday. Maybe that's why I'm not getting hard over this new season of Game of Thrones. Spartacus is fucking awesome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've just started watching Spartacus, and hit season 2 yesterday. Maybe that's why I'm not getting hard over this new season of Game of Thrones. Spartacus is fucking awesome.

If you like Banshee you'll love Spartacus.

It's my favorite tv show of all time.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I am loving it. Season 2 is fucking awesome so far, providing a bit of backstory to the house of Batiatus. I'm kind of bummed that there's only 3 seasons.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I am loving it. Season 2 is fucking awesome so far, providing a bit of backstory to the house of Batiatus. I'm kind of bummed that there's only 3 seasons.

Don't forget about Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, a six episode prequel about the previous champion of the Batiatus Ludus. It starts before Lentulis is the head of the household and Onemaeus is just another gladiator. In my opinion, it's just as strong as the other seasons despite being half the length.

Spartacus is really amazing. It's such an overlooked gem.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
On the last season. What a fucking amazing show. It feels completely different from the first season. I really like how my feelings have changed towards certain characters over the span of the show. I used to like Crixus, but in this last season he's become a fucking asswipe and I'm not comfortable with how strong his shithead girlfriend has become. My initial impressions of Tiberius was that of a spoiled shit-head brat, but after killing his friend and fucking his father's slave, he's become a big favorite of mine. It's really weird to have such mixed feelings about what Spartacus's army has become, and how much I really like Crassus as a character. I'm going to be super depressed when I'm finished with this show.

I'm going to check out Black Sails when I'm finished.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
On the last season. What a fucking amazing show. It feels completely different from the first season. I really like how my feelings have changed towards certain characters over the span of the show. I used to like Crixus, but in this last season he's become a fucking asswipe and I'm not comfortable with how strong his shithead girlfriend has become. My initial impressions of Tiberius was that of a spoiled shit-head brat, but after killing his friend and fucking his father's slave, he's become a big favorite of mine. It's really weird to have such mixed feelings about what Spartacus's army has become, and how much I really like Crassus as a character. I'm going to be super depressed when I'm finished with this show.

I'm going to check out Black Sails when I'm finished.

Spartacus is the best ride from beginning to end of any show. It doesn't take a long time to heat up like The Wire or Breaking Bad. And when it's over, you will probably have the same feeling of "man, it would be a waste if they didn't make a show about X"

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Finished it. Really well done and I'm glad I gave it a chance. I just started Black Sails tonight and it looks pretty good so far.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Finished it. Really well done and I'm glad I gave it a chance. I just started Black Sails tonight and it looks pretty good so far.

The season 2 finale, although a bit far off for you, is the most satisfying episode.

I would rank shows like

Spartacus
Banshee
Strike Back
Black Sails

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
For the shit of it...began watching GoT all over again now that is easily available on HBO now.

MUCH easier to digest now. Hell, when I first started watching the show, I had a hard time wrapping my head around all of the characters, factions, lands, etc. Now that I know the houses, characters and plot lines...I can go back and watch it more clearly. Much better the second time around.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Pretty good episode tonight with a few great moments. Although...

Spoiler:
If that blonde cunt kills Stannis I may have a nervous breakdown.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
if that blonde cunt kills stannis?

when does that happen in the books?!

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Liked this episode. Sansa's story arc seems the most interesting so far. Really liking the Jon Snow/Stannis' chemistry as well.
Can't wait for next week's episode to be over so I can go in fresh.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
when does that happen in the books?!

I'm not too far into the books yet but I know it hasn't happened.

The talk of someone dying that hasn't died in the show or books yet has me worried. Doubt it will be Stannis but they have reminded us in every episode of her revenge boner.