Your experience with the Neo Store...

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Why the hell is my order taking so long? I must've ordered something over 2 months ago now and I've still received nothing! No email, nothing..

Has anyone had a similar experience? Should I be worried?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
are you sure your order went through?

Also, could this be a problem with customs in your own country?

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Well I was definetely charged through paypal. About customs.. I guess there is a possibility yes.. but wouldnt I receive some sort of notification?

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Log into your Neo store account. Check your order status to see when your order was shipped. Did you pay for shipping with a tracking number or did you pay only for surface mail. Surface mail can take up too eight weeks or more. Airmail 2 weeks usually. You don't specify how you requested your order to be shipped. Comming from such a distance I would have used EMS with tracking. It costs more, but it would get to your destination much quicker with the ability to track its progress.

I ordered a game from excellentcom in Hong Kong and paid for airmail with tracking. I saw that it got into customs, but it was returned as undeliverable! I never received a notice from the post office that they even made a delivery attempt! I had them reship using EMS it got here quicker, but it was in customs for at least a week before final delivery.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yeah, if you only paid for surface shipping, 2 months is nothing. Your package is probably on a raft in the middle of the Atlantic right now. Give it another month and then start to worry.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
At minimum, I'll pay for airmail with tracking. Usually I'll go the EMS route as it gets here much quicker.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
i just made my 2nd order with neostore and they're quick. i've had no problem with them thus far.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
in 2009 I called the neo-store asking about a sam-sho kit and I think I spoke with Shawn for a moment.. He had southern accent.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Did you email Shawn? If not, do so at cs@neostore.com. The dude answers email regularly throughout the day. If you already have emailed him, do it again.

Did you get an email confirmation immediately after you placed your order? If not, it didn't go through. If you did get confirmation, refer to the first point above.

Shawn is great, super responsive and he gets his orders shipped same or next day. Either that, or some guy in Cyprus customs is having a hell of a time with your game(s). :D

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have only ordered 1 item from the neo-store and it's pretty good. No problems at all

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hey don't worry like everybody said you probally did the surface method. I've ordered from Shawn since 06'. Every time everything is a smooth transaction eveything comes just as how he describes it.:cool:

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Ok thanks for all the reassurance guys, I'm guessing something has happened at customs and to be honest I completely forgot about this order. I used USPS first class international mail and got an email from the neostore confirming that it was shipped out on the 29th of december.. so it was still 2012 haha.

I also just tried tracking it with the tracking number provided but all I get is tracking information expired.. cant track anything over 10 working business days old it seems.. either way I've sent an email and will wait to hear back.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Whenever I have ordered something through the Neo Store, I generally get an email the same evening with an electronic tracking number that its ready to ship.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Don't skimp on shipping. You'll want tracking and signature for the high priced stuff to make sure it gets to your hands. Especially if it has to go through customs.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Ordered once years ago (Matrimelee JP for AES) and it was everything extremely quick, Shawn even added a nice KOF anniversary phonestrip for 'the troubles caused' for making me scan some documentation.
Maybe it was just a mistake and the order was not processed on neostore's system.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Don't skimp on shipping. You'll want tracking and signature for the high priced stuff to make sure it gets to your hands. Especially if it has to go through customs.

Well there is no avoiding customs since it is coming from the US (?) to Cyprus.. what did you mean by skimp?

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well there is no avoiding customs since it is coming from the US (?) to Cyprus.. what did you mean by skimp?

I think it mean try not to use first class. As there is not much you can do with tracking (as its not very accurate) and it takes forever to arrive.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I ordered the Super MVS II converter from the Neo store and had no issues. He shipped quickly. As others have mentioned, maybe its taking a bit longer for you to get your item because of the shipping method you chose and because you live in Cyprus.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

EMS provides global tracking. But for many other types of cheaper shipping services, there is either no tracking or that the tracking stops when the package leaves the country of origin.

Neo x

War Room Troll
I've had very good experiences with the store extremely prompt and communication is good.

Neo x

War Room Troll
In fact I actually received an order before I'd actually ordered it. I called the store to be greeted by myself at the other end of the line. I informed me that I was appreciative of the future order but wanted an aes not a neo geo x.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Hey man, you mind me asking what the order was for? If it was that cable you were looking for and it looks like this one's gone missing in the post I've got a spare now, you can have it for nowt if you're ok to cover shipping, reckon it would only be about a fiver?

If it's Twinkle Star AES then, you know, maybe not ;)

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Ok Panic over, package arrived today nice and safely :)

I guess first class air mail can take really long sometimes. It didn't even get help up at customs, just arrived as per usual.. only 2 months later haha

Hey man, you mind me asking what the order was for? If it was that cable you were looking for and it looks like this one's gone missing in the post I've got a spare now, you can have it for nowt if you're ok to cover shipping, reckon it would only be about a fiver?

If it's Twinkle Star AES then, you know, maybe not ;)

looks like i already emailed you dude. Thanks anyway though :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Any shipping method that is going to take longer than your claim/chargeback window is one that you should never choose.

You should have at least gotten an email that it was shipped out. Also depends on the WoW factor.