TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
As big of a Tekken nut I am I've noticed the series has gotten worse since 4. The style if the games has gone from cool as hell to just plain GOOFY. Heihachi looks fuckin ridiculous. I hate that hair. They should have made him look like Tekken 2 Heihachi instead of whoever the hell that guy is (Tekken Alpha Heihachi lol)

images
180px-Heihachi_(T2)3.jpg

Come on Namco get your shit straight. And why the fuck do they have 1 brand new character? Despite Tekken 6 having nearly everyone in it they are still missing plenty of old school characters like the Ogres, Michelle and Jun. Tekken Tag 2 is gonna have 6's roster plust the missing characters. They are gonna have a hard enough time balancing this game as it is let alone with some extra new stupid lookin character.

I really hope they know what they are doing. If not then this game is gonna be the new MvC2. I like MvC2 but not when it comes to Tekken.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I love young Hei. soooo funny that his hair has devil horns but he can't turn into a devil himself mwahahaha.

but geez look at him. what a hoss. love it.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
It's a gaiden game, who cares about canon? If they bring back pre-timeskip Heihachi, they should bring back Jun, too.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Heihachi and Kazuya bumping their shoulders as they walked by each other was cool as hell.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Heihachi doesn't need any devil gene. He has that iron fist, son.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I'm glad they found a voice actor for Heiachi. Too bad he will never be as awesome as Gouri Daisuke. :(

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
As big of a Tekken nut I am I've noticed the series has gotten worse since 4. The style if the games has gone from cool as hell to just plain GOOFY. Heihachi looks fuckin ridiculous. I hate that hair. They should have made him look like Tekken 2 Heihachi instead of whoever the hell that guy is (Tekken Alpha Heihachi lol)

images
180px-Heihachi_(T2)3.jpg

Come on Namco get your shit straight. And why the fuck do they have 1 brand new character? Despite Tekken 6 having nearly everyone in it they are still missing plenty of old school characters like the Ogres, Michelle and Jun. Tekken Tag 2 is gonna have 6's roster plust the missing characters. They are gonna have a hard enough time balancing this game as it is let alone with some extra new stupid lookin character.

I really hope they know what they are doing. If not then this game is gonna be the new MvC2. I like MvC2 but not when it comes to Tekken.

Spin, you take all this shit way too seriously. Tekken has always been the 'martial arts movie' fighting game. By and large, it has never been wildly technical or serious. You're talking about a game that has had a fighting bear, a wrestler with a lion mask, and a giant robot in it for 15 years now. It has had a cheesy sense of humor from the very beginning. If you missed this, I just don't know what to tell you.

Seriously, between this and the endless shit you talk about SSFIV, your custom rank should be 'GET OFF MY LAWN'. And I say this with love, because I know you just love those old games too much. I used to do the same thing. Doesn't do anything but make you angry and cranky. Let go, man.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member

New footage. Tag throws and tag throw escapes + wall combos.

King and A.King baby.

oh my gosh.
That almost makes me excited about tekken again.
King and Armor King.
Man that's slick.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Doesn't do anything but make you angry and cranky. Let go, man.

FUCK THAT. They need to stop, simple as that. How hard is it to leave something alone? I'm being honest. How hard is it to not fuck something up?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
FUCK THAT. They need to stop, simple as that. How hard is it to leave something alone? I'm being honest. How hard is it to not fuck something up?

You're literally asking a company like Bandai Namco to STOP making sequels, solely because you have this pristine mental image of this game and you don't want them to sully it. You do realize how completely silly that entire concept is, right?

And again, it's only "fucking something up" by your own criteria. Millions of people will buy this game whether you do or not.

I once got supremely angry over a game called SVC Chaos. It wasn't at all what I dreamed it should be, even though I should have damn well known given how the talent pool had long ago evaporated at SNK Playmore. Got mad as hell. What did it get me? Zippo. Not a goddamn thing. Now I just laugh at what a silly piece of trash it is, and when I want the good shit, I play a legit classic from the heyday. I'd advise you to do the same if you're going to maintain these impossible standards for these games that even YOU know will never, ever be met. Let go.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
By and large, it has never been wildly technical

I have to disagree with this statement. Just moving around in Tekken alone is difficult.

That is to say, moving in the correct way.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
You're literally asking a company like Bandai Namco to STOP making sequels, solely because you have this pristine mental image of this game and you don't want them to sully it. You do realize how completely silly that entire concept is, right?

And again, it's only "fucking something up" by your own criteria. Millions of people will buy this game whether you do or not.

I once got supremely angry over a game called SVC Chaos. It wasn't at all what I dreamed it should be, even though I should have damn well known given how the talent pool had long ago evaporated at SNK Playmore. Got mad as hell. What did it get me? Zippo. Not a goddamn thing. Now I just laugh at what a silly piece of trash it is, and when I want the good shit, I play a legit classic from the heyday. I'd advise you to do the same if you're going to maintain these impossible standards for these games that even YOU know will never, ever be met. Let go.

I never said stop making sequels, I said stop doing stupid stuff.

OK Loopz, listen If enough people complain the companies will bend. When Tekken 4 was released the boxer "Steve Fox" was originally named "Dean Earwicker"(which is a completely ridiculous name). The fans on Tekken Zaibatsu made such a huge stink about it that within a few weeks Namco changed his name to "Steve Fox". Something trivial like a name for a character that was brand new was changed because people like me didn't let go.

In Virtua Fighter they took Taka-Arashi out of VF4 because his weight and size made the rules of the game bend. He was too big and you had to fight him so differently. Sega didn't like that. The fans made so much noise about him missing that in the first update to VF5 what did they do? They put him right back in because people like me didn't let go.

This is my hobby. If I see something I don't like, I'm gonna make noise. I refuse to let them bend me(to an extent).

Don't tell me that my standards are impossible. I've seen changes happen so no I won't let go. Not everything I want will change but some things can and will.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
By and large, it has never been wildly technical or serious. .

Oh and to piggy back on Sexual Instict. This statement is WRONG. Just escaping throws alone is more techincal than any 2d game throw has ever been. The new Virtua Fighter 5 update even has Tekken's throw system believe it or not.

I don't even want to get started on movement. There are more ways to move and ways to apply these movements in Tekken than every 2d game combined. It goes so much farther than simply moving forward, back and jumps.

Crouchdash, Backdash, Korean Backdash, Snakedash, Wavedash/Lightdash, Haha step, Hoho step, Shadow step, Hayashida step, and Fox step and so on and so forth.

Aerial games like Marvel and Guilty Gear are the only games that come close in the movement department.

3d games are a different animal than 2d. I think your lack of knowledge is what made you say that statement.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Oh and to piggy back on Sexual Instict. This statement is WRONG. Just escaping throws alone is more techincal than any 2d game throw has ever been. The new Virtua Fighter 5 update even has Tekken's throw system believe it or not.

I don't even want to get started on movement. There are more ways to move and ways to apply these movements in Tekken than every 2d game combined. It goes so much farther than simply moving forward, back and jumps.

Crouchdash, Backdash, Korean Backdash, Snakedash, Wavedash/Lightdash, Haha step, Hoho step, Shadow step, Hayashida step, and Fox step and so on and so forth.

Aerial games like Marvel and Guilty Gear are the only games that come close in the movement department.

3d games are a different animal than 2d. I think your lack of knowledge is what made you say that statement.

OK, I retract that statement with regards to technical issues. I will completely come clean here and admit, I'm largely a casual Tekken player, even though I have played every iteration of it since T1. You got me by the balls on that issue.

In terms of everything else though...again, Tekken has never been a 'serious' game, in terms of tone. There's always been a huge dose of wacked-out humor in the game, and most of what you were bitching about were silly things. Again, they changed the NAME of a character. One line of text. That's hardly some huge groundswell of response. T4 definitely represented the absolute bottom of the series. I wouldn't equate the responses of Sega with regard to VF either, because they know specifically what a primarily arcade-only phenomenon that game is. When's the last time we got a home version of VF?

Namco knows their next Tekken will sell a fuckton on consoles by comparison.

All I'm saying is lighten up before your arteries harden. You're awfully uptight for a theoretically fun-lovin' dude with a cute girlfriend.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Despite Tekken 6 having nearly everyone in it they are still missing plenty of old school characters like the Ogres, Michelle and Jun.

My only issue with bringing back those characters is that I absolutely hate cloning in games. Capcom is great for having a great portion of their fighters sharing the same attacks, Namco has been trying to avoid this since Tekken 4.

There is nothing Jun has that Asuka does not. There is nothing Michelle has that Julia does not and Ogre is an incarnation of multiple characters much like Jinpachi and Azazel(to some extent).

If they can somehow think up an entirely new moveset for the oldies including Kunimitsu then I'm all for it. I had the same issues with A.King but Namco didn't make him a clone... he's still very redundant however.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
All I'm saying is lighten up before your arteries harden. You're awfully uptight for a theoretically fun-lovin' dude with a cute girlfriend.

What I'm saying is if you let 1 thing slide then everything else will follow. Today it's minute things, tomorrow your favorite series ends up looking like War Gods 64 character design wise cuz nobody said "hey what the fuck man".

When it comes to things that I love I'll never just sit and let it happen whether it's a small thing or not simple as that.

I've already tried the "aaah who cares" approach and shit got stupider.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
What I'm saying is if you let 1 thing slide then everything else will follow. Today it's minute things, tomorrow your favorite series ends up looking like War Gods 64 character design wise cuz nobody said "hey what the fuck man".

When it comes to things that I love I'll never just sit and let it happen whether it's a small thing or not simple as that.

I've already tried the "aaah who cares" approach and shit got stupider.

you basically described what happened to KOF.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
i like the idea of young heihachi, but i think he looks just a liiiiiiiittle goofy.
i think it's the beard.

tekken was my first fighting game love, but i started losing interest when they added walls.
reading this thread, i now know why they did it, but i still don't like them.
still played 4 a fair bit though, played 5 a little, haven't tried 6 at all.
this one i'll definitely check out.