Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How can a man who's staring down a fucking life sentence be considered to be performing multiple counts of "frivolous litigation" in his own defense? :on_no:

EDIT: Oh, I see why... because he couldn't pay the court fees. Fucking bullshit judicial system. :oh_no:

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How can a man who's staring down a fucking life sentence be considered to be performing multiple counts of "frivolous litigation" in his own defense? :on_no:

EDIT: Oh, I see why... because he couldn't pay the court fees. Fucking bullshit judicial system. :oh_no:

There is a tv show called Criminal Justice, from 2008, that is basically like Waseem's case. It's being remade by HBO and debuts this weekend as "the night of" with a main actor who is Indian I guess, because that's kind of like Syrian?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There is a tv show called Criminal Justice, from 2008, that is basically like Waseem's case. It's being remade by HBO and debuts this weekend as "the night of" with a main actor who is Indian I guess, because that's kind of like Syrian?

:lolz:

The only thing they have in common is brown.

Everyone knows Indians have enough money to buy themselves out of trouble anyways, so that's a double slap in the face to Middle Easterners.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Brown people are brown people.

Especially in Georgia.

Not gonna lie, I'm currently in the process of finishing off a large jar of jellybeans I bought about a month ago.

For some reason, I'm avoiding the chocolate, java, and licorice flavors. Does that make me racist?

Jon

PS: I am eating the root beer flavored ones, though.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
So he has to have access to a law library. That may mean a lot as far as other Georgia defendants' rights are concerned, but this guy had lawyers and repeatedly said "no thanks." Doubt this is an earth-shattering development for Waseem's case particularly from the standpoint of his future chances for appeal or release.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Doesn't matter, I dont know bibs from Adam. IF what utiengineer said was indeed a joke, it was a poor one. Imagine if it was him talking about a departed member? It's kinda the same thing.

How do you figure?? I don't agree with that at all.

Yeah, his joke sucked the hard one, but it wasn't in poor taste. Bibs is still alive... If you call a life sentence in prison "living."

BeefJerky

Yahweh's Sneakiest Little Jew
20 Year Member

Yeah, his joke sucked the hard one, but it wasn't in poor taste. Bibs is still alive... If you call a life sentence in prison "living."

It would've been a little funny if uiengineer wasn't just here for the sc00pz.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

That's just it, life in prison isn't a life at all.. It's less rehabilitation, more like "getting people out of sight". People say the death penalty is too harsh, I think life behind bars is even worse. It's basically limbo.. Waiting to die for DECADES.

I dont know if bibs is innocent or guilty, but if he is indeed innocent, I hope he's exonerated. He's not really doing himself any favors though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So he has to have access to a law library. That may mean a lot as far as other Georgia defendants' rights are concerned, but this guy had lawyers and repeatedly said "no thanks." Doubt this is an earth-shattering development for Waseem's case particularly from the standpoint of his future chances for appeal or release.

The problem I imagine is that his provided attorney had a different plan and Waseem didn't want to take a plea deal and say he was guilty, when he may not be.

I imagine an attorney who pressured him to take a plea because the evidence was so damning of a hair on a sweater found 16 years later, that the attorney had an entire story fabricated and didn't want to know Waseem's side of the story at all. That's why the provided counsel had to be fired.