KoF XIII Port this Winter

ikariwarriorf22

New Challenger
KOF XIII is just...Awesome! It is heads and tails better than KOF XII. There are more fighters, a better collection of female fighters led by Mai! I applaud how easy it is to change colors of the characters outfits as well. Hopefully this game will be a hit, so that it's success...Kicks, SNK into producing more games including more Metal Slug!

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
So that alley stage is the same as Mickey's stage from Art of Fighting? The alley way is like way wider on KOF XIII but the thing that led me to believe it's the same stage is that barrel with the fire in it because it's in the same place as on AOF.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I really like this so far.

Man. My love for KoF has always been so masochistic... I am so goddamned terrible at these fighters it's not even funny.

So, that being said, if anyone wants some easy victories hit me up: I'm HeartlessNinny on PSN.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Pretty close IMO.
Save for 1 (maybe 2?) supers missing from his arsenal, the pokes, juggles, and normals are hitting in the same places at the same speeds.
Pokes is probably the thing I was most interested in. 2002 Billy had great pokes.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Pokes is probably the thing I was most interested in. 2002 Billy had great pokes.

Standing C have been altered, and crouching A does not hit as far as it used to if you ask me.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Just finished with all Terry trails, and with Kyo, Ryo and Mai before him. Spent at least 2 hours on each character.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/08/post_34.html

Thank you k'.

Gosh I love this game and all of it's fanservice. Look at that poster of Jack Turner with the words "Neo Black Cats" on the wall of the building in the alley. That is such a neat touch that only oldshool SNK fans could appreciate.

20110818%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A6%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8.jpg

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
PS: In case anyone noticed I'm kinda pissed off.

I'm sick of how everything SNKP puts out is broken and leaves you with nothing but false hope for a half-assed patch.

I'm done making excuses for them.

They're a bad company run by bad people.

I can't even sum up my anger with words. I need better writing skills or a broader vocabulary or something.

Edit: Since I waited forever to play this game (And was even disappointed that the only two days I was in San Francisco back in July was when South Town Arcade was closed. :crying: Adding salt to the wound, I even stumbled upon the place by accident even though I wasn't looking for it since I knew it was closed. :() I said fuck it and decided to try the game before bed with a godawful PS3 pad since I was too lazy to break out my 360 stick.

My thumb already hurts from this piece, but the game is fun at least.

Oh and I LOVE the bullshit irremovable blur filter on the sprites. Just absolutely ADORE it. :rolleyes:

Way to go SNKP/Atlas! Way to go. :oh_no:

I notice that shitty blur filter to on the PS3, Does the 360 version have the blur filter to?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I have been going through some missions, and

Seriously

These missions shit all over SSFIV in terms of ridiculousness. Do they know what kind of player I am? Leona has a combo that demands cracker jack charging on EX moves intermixed with her air DM and a super max cancel. Fuck learning that one.
really?.... man the vanilla SFIV trials were infuriating, gen's last trial was probably the most frustrating thing I've done in a fighting game ever, I got the platinum in that game and have not gotten another one since because of just how fucking terrible it was. I don't get completionists, that was no fun at all!

but I gotta admit a part of me is curious and excited to put my excecution to the test.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Standing C have been altered, and crouching A does not hit as far as it used to if you ask me.
Gah. Okay, thanks.

TGosh I love this game and all of it's fanservice. Look at that poster of Jack Turner with the words "Neo Black Cats" on the wall of the building in the alley. That is such a neat touch that only oldshool SNK fans could appreciate.
Yeah, I really love all this stuff, too. It reminds me a little of 2000 and how they tried to call out to everything that came before. But that's part of what has me wondering if this is maybe the final KOF. It's the deja vu of celebrating their history right before they bow out. Or maybe it was a 'just in case' thing. Like if this game did as poorly as XII, they wouldn't have been able to continue and this would have been it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Oh and I LOVE the bullshit irremovable blur filter on the sprites. Just absolutely ADORE it. :rolleyes:

Could anyone please elaborate further on this?

Never heard about. If confirmed, sounds like a deal breaker to me.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thank you k'.

Gosh I love this game and all of it's fanservice. Look at that poster of Jack Turner with the words "Neo Black Cats" on the wall of the building in the alley. That is such a neat touch that only oldshool SNK fans could appreciate.

20110818%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A6%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8.jpg

And the 'cap car' sign on the garage cracked me up. Watching Mr. Big pacing a few layers deep in the BG, making some underworld deal...

I just wanted them to try. To make more of an effort than XII. And they did. My expectations have been surpassed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know about a blur filter. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think I will hold off on the ps3 version and stick with the 360 for now because of these reports of controller issues.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't know about a blur filter. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.
Everybody hates the filter. But everybody also hated the pixelation of the dot art. Except Shito maybe. And I don't care either, I guess.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
really?.... man the vanilla SFIV trials were infuriating, gen's last trial was probably the most frustrating thing I've done in a fighting game ever, I got the platinum in that game and have not gotten another one since because of just how fucking terrible it was. I don't get completionists, that was no fun at all!

but I gotta admit a part of me is curious and excited to put my excecution to the test.

Done 5 characters so far. Yet to come across something as extreme as Gen's final trial when it comes to timing, but some of them were in the same ball park. Add to that the length of the combos and how many times you need to pull supers and cancels and shit in a single one, all of which you need to memorize:

Fuck this shit, expect to waste some time of your life on this mode.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It came in today. Played maybe an hour so far. It's fantastic. I only played 1 online ranked match so far, and I feel cheated. I specifically set the settings so I didn't get crappy people, and I ended up with a red, one bar opponent. Maybe it was green when it was looking for it, but it was red at the screen, and I couldn't leave. I was stuck with a dude throwing out random special and connecting.

I'll try more later. I really like Hwa. I'm in love with Terry, too. I'm connecting so much shit with Terry that I feel like a damn combo video.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Oh, and the music is fine, too. I was afraid I was going to get Guilty Gear when I heard "cheesy rock." It sounds like any other KOF soundtrack, for better or for worse. I like it, anyway.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
What I'm interested in, is to get the same visual of the arcade.

While slightly un-zoomed (under their 1:1 pixel size, that is), the sprites look crisp and crystal clear @ the arcade.

Dunno if the arc version uses a filter as well, as for smoother a bit the un-zoomed sprite. May be. If that's what we get at home as well, I'm 100% ok with that.

If they added a layer of blur shit to please the 'omg I can see the dots in dot art' whiners, no deal for Shito. That's all.

Last edited:

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This Title is a MuST Buy...picked it up for both 360 and pS3. A little much maybe but oh well-this title kicks ass...stuck with the original controllers for now, will have to look for a proper one to play this with.
As aforementioned by others this game really made up tenfold for the shortcomings of Xii.....
the artwork is just jawdropping, and the minor details and carefully rendered backgrounds regarding fanservice as SpinMasterX mentioned are just melt your eyes gorgeous. Hands down some the best if not THE BEST ive seen in ANY brawler. Thanks SNKP /atlus for bringing this series back to Reality with the wake up call.

Regarding IGN, 7.0? WTF are you Kidding me?? its a wonder if the Reviewer was playing the same game as we were and for how long? like for 10 minutes? , its such a shame that its been overlooked..Review shows would have an entire episode dedicated to fighting games, and this title will still get pushed aside.... even Final Fight for the IOS gets more coverage than KOFi and XIII combined.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
IGN: 7.0 / 10

1up: B

Game Trailers: 8.5 / 10

GamePro: 4.5 / 5

Famitsu: (8,9,8,9) 34 / 40

Official XBox Magazine 8.5 / 10

G4TV: 4 / 5

Awaiting GameSpot's.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
So I just compared the 360 and PS3 versions on the same monitor.

My 360 is connected via VGA and the PS3 is on the DVI connection.

I THINK they're identical in terms of blur, but the PS3 version might be a tad worse, I'm not sure.

The weird thing is the color is much richer on the 360 port than it is on the PS3 version. The PS3 port seems a bit washed out to me, and I have it running on a superior video connection. Unless my monitor just handles DVI like crap, but I don't think so. :/

Oh yeah, also load times are seriously 4x longer if not more on the PS3 port than on the 360 port. I don't have either version installed though.

I'd take pics, but you won't be able to tell the difference without actual screencaps, and I'm not equipped to do that.

Edit: I'll try to hook up my 360 via DVI later and see if it looks bad like the PS3 version.

Last edited: