ST-V Multi Game Cartridge

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Is it possible that the version on the flash cart is a different region than your original one?
I haven't installed the multibios yet, so they're both playing North America region right now. I will definitely swap the bios tonight though, as the North America version of Radiant Silvergun is laughtastically bad.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
This might be a strange question concerning the CPS2 Multi that's coming up. I seem to remember you saying that you might make a board to use with the SSF2 board to make it a tournament edition. Would it be possible to install that board into the multi so you can use it via that?

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
This might be a strange question concerning the CPS2 Multi that's coming up. I seem to remember you saying that you might make a board to use with the SSF2 board to make it a tournament edition. Would it be possible to install that board into the multi so you can use it via that?

The multi will use a standard A and B board. It will be two pcbs that plug into a B-board. The Comm pcb plugs directly onto the B-board inside the case. If we were to produce them they would work with and B-board regardless of whether it is using eproms or the multikit as long as the TB roms were being used.

That being said, there was been almost zero interest in the Comm pcb so it is not looking like its going to happen unless there is probably at least 50 pcbs ordered. That would take just 13 people wanting to order a full set.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The multi will use a standard A and B board. It will be two pcbs that plug into a B-board. The Comm pcb plugs directly onto the B-board inside the case. If we were to produce them they would work with and B-board regardless of whether it is using eproms or the multikit as long as the TB roms were being used.

That being said, there was been almost zero interest in the Comm pcb so it is not looking like its going to happen unless there is probably at least 50 pcbs ordered. That would take just 13 people wanting to order a full set.

I'm pretty sure there would be enough interest if you started some sort of pre-order campaign for it. :) Like having the option of bundling it with the CPS2 multi that's coming up will most defiantly do it!

Dion

I'm pretty sure there would be enough interest if you started some sort of pre-order campaign for it. :) Like having the option of bundling it with the CPS2 multi that's coming up will most defiantly do it!

Someone would need to purchase four multikits and four Comm pcbs. That will be well over $1000. The Comm pcb would not be that expensive but four multikits would add up quick. Not sure many people would drop that much cash. Though buying four SSF2 pcbs, installing the TB romset and installing a comm pcb in each would not be that bad. Certainly cheaper than tracking down four original TB pcbs.

I'll talk to Darksoft about it again and maybe we'll open an official interest check thread for it.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Darksoft,
Some years ago i read in a spanish forum that was a guy trying run CPS1.5 Q-sounds games on a CPS2 A+B boards, but he got some problems and i don't see anything more.
Did you think if in future, we can do that using your CPS2 multicart ?

Cheers
Macck

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
I always thought the onboard sram saved that data, but would reset when a new cart was inserted. Is it possible that the version on the flash cart is a different region than your original one? I'm not an STV expert, but I'm pretty sure the cartridges didn't save its setting data. Have others experienced this?

Settings are saved in SRAM in the Motherboard. If you change the game in the multi or insert another game, settings go lost.

darksoft

Darksoft,
Some years ago i read in a spanish forum that was a guy trying run CPS1.5 Q-sounds games on a CPS2 A+B boards, but he got some problems and i don't see anything more.
Did you think if in future, we can do that using your CPS2 multicart ?

Cheers
Macck

Which guy? Which forum? Don't tell me it's Serantes?

Dion

Anyone breaking their carts in this weekend? Want to get as much feedback as possible from everyone!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Anyone breaking their carts in this weekend? Want to get as much feedback as possible from everyone!

I've probably played 10 games or so, just finished making a kick harness for groove on fight. So far so good. I'll probably move it from my supergun to my blast city in a little while.

Dion

I've probably played 10 games or so, just finished making a kick harness for groove on fight. So far so good. I'll probably move it from my supergun to my blast city in a little while.

Sweet. Let us get some pics when you have it running.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
This is one sharp PCB...as in pointy. I cut my arm on it. Gotta put this baby in an empty ST-V cart before I nick an artery or something.

Dion

This is one sharp PCB...as in pointy. I cut my arm on it. Gotta put this baby in an empty ST-V cart before I nick an artery or something.

The ability to julienne carrots is just another feature we did not charge you for.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
All mounted up in the blast. A few pics:

20140911_120155.jpg

Tested everything on my supergun first

20140913_202416.jpg

Mounted in the blast city, I hacked my kick harness to a dsub so I can swap between CPS2 and ST-V kick harnesses. I made the ST-V kick harness out of a 10 pin connector even though it's an 11 pin connection on the motherboard; the 11th pin is just an extra ground so I didn't need it anyway.

20140913_202311.jpg

Stashed the remote dip switch bank in the CP. It's really handy; the remote is not a necessity with a supergun but definitely makes cab life way easier. Same goes for the sound kit; not a huge deal with a supergun but damn near a necessity in the cab.

20140913_202951.jpg

Fired up Baku Baku Animal. This is a really fun puzzle game if you haven't played it. A hidden gem in the ST-V library for sure.

20140913_204003.jpg

And of course, some more Radiant Silvergun.

Dion

Sweet pics!! Can't wait to see more. First pic posted by one of you guys anywhere of my remote kit!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Anyone else out there running a motherboard with a standard North American bios? (not a multi bios set to North America)

If so, let me know if the non-NA games are working. I'm getting region errors when I try any of them, not just wrestling. "Operation of this cartridge is disallowed in this country"

Last edited:

Dion

Anyone else out there running a motherboard with a standard North American bios? (not a multi bios set to North America)

If so, let me know if the non-NA games are working. I'm getting region errors when I try any of them, not just wrestling. "Operation of this cartridge is disallowed in this country"

Strange. Give me a few games you have tried specifically and I'll look into it. I have a standard NA bios also.

Is the bios on your motherboard a mask rom or eprom?

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was into buying this until the pay pal debacle, then life happened and am upset I missed out on it. Is there a chance you'll make and sell more units in the future?

darksoft

@ggallegos, after the PayPal meltdown, we haven't reached the number of units that we got before that, so there are some units left. Drop me a PM and I'll tell you how to get yours....when you still can.

Dion

Sent a pm with all the details.

Got it. Let me some testing tonight and see if I can duplicate this problem. If anyone else has a problem like this with any games please let us know.

Dion

I tested the list of games that Janeki sent me and they all work good for me. It might be quirk with the pcb or bios version. I would recommend installing the modbios if you have any region errors. Keep the reports coming in though if you do find region errors and let us know the game and bios revision used.

darksoft

And today I got a new update. We are back to 7th of November :) Good news.