SNES mini classic

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Fuck I missed them all today.

I really want one of these. If someone can snag me one I'll happily pay a slight premium (like $20) for your trouble + shipping to me of course.

Or maybe I'll offer up a nice homecart for trade bait. I never play Real Bout any more...

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Didn't get one online, missed out on all the pre orders. Stuck at work, so no hope of getting a preorder in person at game stop. My only hope is a buddy snagging one up at target when its released.

Honestly though, not gonna bother if that falls through. Not gonna go on the secondary market. I'll stick to cave pcb's if I'm dropping more than 100 on this.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Fuck I missed them all today.

I really want one of these. If someone can snag me one I'll happily pay a slight premium (like $20) for your trouble + shipping to me of course.

Or maybe I'll offer up a nice homecart for trade bait. I never play Real Bout any more...

*Please note that this product is not available for shipment to residents in Quebec. Any orders placed with a Quebec shipping address will be cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sorry moe, I tried. Too bad I live in a half-assed country. Maybe in another 400 years, who knows.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Yeah, every place was screwed yesterday. I just decided that I may buy a SD2SNES instead.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I wish Nintendo would just be honest and change their logo to a picture of Reggie grabbing his crotch with his left hand and flipping the bird with his right.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I bet you're right, great strategy though, it's gonna be everything everyone will be talking about, making that urgency for anything Nintendo...or it could backfire...only time will tell. Got my GS Predouche!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Whoever is in charge of managing production at Nintendo should be fired and shot... out of a cannon... in to space. Seriously, how difficult is it for a company that's been producing electronics for 40 years to gauge public interest in a product and assemble the appropriate quantity of it in a timely manner? So difficult that every other major hardware manufacturer seems capable of doing it?

Jesus.. fuck Nintendo forever.

Edit: I wasn't getting one of these anyway. I'm just sick to death of waterhead Nintendo fanboys making excuses for their continued gross incompetence.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
never even saw a notification. oh well. less plastic crap.
carry on.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Whoever is in charge of managing production at Nintendo should be fired and shot... out of a cannon... in to space. Seriously, how difficult is it for a company that's been producing electronics for 40 years to gauge public interest in a product and assemble the appropriate quantity of it in a timely manner? So difficult that every other major hardware manufacturer seems capable of doing it?

Edit: I wasn't getting one of these anyway. I'm just sick to death of waterhead Nintendo fanboys making excuses for their continued gross incompetence.

What incompetence? They've been intentionally using the "Cabbage Patch Kids" strategy to great success since the Nintendo era when they had a "chip shortage" that drove up interest. There were other chips Nintendo could've sourced, they just didn't and they let their 3rd party developers suffer because of it...which is why Tengen was even a thing.

Watch this video and see the parallels to the Wii, the Amiibo craze, and the NES/SNES Minis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yt4KG9ib8S4

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
What incompetence? They've been intentionally using the "Cabbage Patch Kids" strategy to great success since the Nintendo era when they had a "chip shortage" that drove up interest. There were other chips Nintendo could've sourced, they just didn't and they let their 3rd party developers suffer because of it...which is why Tengen was even a thing.

Watch this video and see the parallels to the Wii, the Amiibo craze, and the NES/SNES Minis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yt4KG9ib8S4

My only question about this theory is, wouldn't the point of building major anticipation be to cash in on it at some point? In other words, if Nintendo made 1 million NES Classics and it created the hype it did, wouldn't they want to create 10 million SNES Classics since 10x as many people are hyped and think they won't get one?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My only question about this theory is, wouldn't the point of building major anticipation be to cash in on it at some point? In other words, if Nintendo made 1 million NES Classics and it created the hype it did, wouldn't they want to create 10 million SNES Classics since 10x as many people are hyped and think they won't get one?

Nah, Nintendo seems like a classic Japanese company that's very risk averse and slow to change (like with their antiquated online multiplayer and shop accounts). They likely don't want to make too many minis and have products sitting on shelves (like the Animal Crossing amiibo did). As long as Japan gets enough stock to meet demand (or juuust enough to keep people lining up in Akihabara for restocks), things are a-okay for the suits in Japan. Just a theory, of course.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
*Please note that this product is not available for shipment to residents in Quebec. Any orders placed with a Quebec shipping address will be cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sorry moe, I tried. Too bad I live in a half-assed country. Maybe in another 400 years, who knows.

woe is moe :(

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm actually thinking of cancelling my preorder. I've barely played my NES classic and I really don't think I need more stuff at the moment.

fake

15 Year Member
I'm actually thinking of cancelling my preorder. I've barely played my NES classic and I really don't think I need more stuff at the moment.

Sell it at face value to Moe.

fake

15 Year Member
Yeah, but the video signal is 60hz instead of the UK's standard 50, so you'd be good on that front.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Who's making excuses for Nintendo? Nobody likes this shortage BS, are you that dense that you can't tell? "bah, I wasn't getting it anyway!" sounds like butthurt to me.

It's the same old doucherie...

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Who's making excuses for Nintendo? Nobody likes this shortage BS, are you that dense that you can't tell? "bah, I wasn't getting it anyway!" sounds like butthurt to me.

It's the same old doucherie...

Nobody's defending that shit here... but look around the rest of the interwebs. Plenty of Nintendo nuthuggers talking about limited production capacity and grateful that they're "concentrating on making Switches" and "well that's just Nintendo <shrug>" or "limited availability drives up interest". Morons.

Like I said, I don't have any vested interest in this shit. I have an SD2SNES and a Retropi if I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to play Mario Kart. I just got all worked up because I can't believe that a company could be so grossly incompetent again and again. I'm over it now.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear you man, fanboys will be fanboys, that's never gonna change.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I just got all worked up because I can't believe that a company could be so grossly incompetent again and again. I'm over it now.

It's not released and you already know the production numbers and that there will be a shortage?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Eventually I'll get one but it was total horseshit that this came up online for pre-order and THEN I get a fucking email hours later.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Did anyone else get an Amazon preorder in? I was trying to get one from Best Buy when they went live a few nights ago but was too slow. Then someone linked up an Amazon listing that looked pretty shady but I went ahead and ordered one. Now the listing has been deleted, so I'm thinking maybe like a 25% chance it goes through smoothly.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Yes!! But wait it is a U.K. system right, I guess I would need some power converter? I guess that not a big deal.

Sorry moe, I cancelled it before seeing this. I didn't think a UK system would be of interest, plus you'd have had the extra expense of shipping on top.