Preparing for quarantine

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You wanna be smart ass huh? Just understand this, the moment we get that mega east to west "split me" series of dildos back in stock from Wuhan I'm gonna personally deliver it to your asshole.

:lolz:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You guys want dildos? I know a guy who owns a dildo factory, no lie. I can hook you up with some mutumbos.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm proud to live in a world where LoneSage counts a dildo manufacturer among his personal acquaintances, truly, my life pales in comparison. :crying:

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Lost my job (until September) today over university closures and associated cutbacks. I appreciate the cautious approach but maaaaaan this is going to end up with a country full of desperate people who have guns.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Went shopping today, store was out of TP and sanitizers just like everybody said it would be.
Everybody was acting more a weirdo than normal.

Plenty or oranges and juice and vitamins though.
Id suggest stocking up on that instead at least if you get sick you might be able to get better.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Lost my job (until September) today over university closures and associated cutbacks. I appreciate the cautious approach but maaaaaan this is going to end up with a country full of desperate people who have guns.

Oh my god dude, you have my sympathies. Best of luck to you finding a new job.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member

Crap, I’m only a couple hours East of you on the I64. You should qualify for unemployment insurance at least I would hope. Best of luck

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I know it's not the same, but it just feels wrong.

0311202356.jpg

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm proud to live in a world where LoneSage counts a dildo manufacturer among his personal acquaintances, truly, my life pales in comparison. :crying:

I'd so have business cards with "Tak, Esq., Manufacturer Of Fine Dildos" on them.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
My office in Texas just closed and made everybody work from home. This is getting a little bit crazy.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I still don't understand the panic...

Being in the construction supply line bidness we've had a shit load of calls about face masks and some sob story. Heard the govt is taking a huge portion of the 3M production. We're only allow to sell masks to existing customers, funny thing is we have tons of half masks and tons of replacement cartridges...everyone wants the clothe masks.

Least my stocks in P&G are going up with the demand of TP/wipes and cleaning products...

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I have a pretty specialized job - I’m like a freelancer that gets a new schedule every semester. I think 1/2 weeks pay is coming my way at least.

I was hoping to cut my game collection by half or so anyway so... �� new sales thread incoming

Crap, I’m only a couple hours East of you on the I64. You should qualify for unemployment insurance at least I would hope. Best of luck

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Watch for politicians to start using the corona virus to enact tax cuts, corporate welfare, stimulus measures, etc to "help the economy" aka redistribute wealth upwards.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I still don't understand the panic...

Being in the construction supply line bidness we've had a shit load of calls about face masks and some sob story. Heard the govt is taking a huge portion of the 3M production. We're only allow to sell masks to existing customers, funny thing is we have tons of half masks and tons of replacement cartridges...everyone wants the clothe masks.

Least my stocks in P&G are going up with the demand of TP/wipes and cleaning products...

Man, that face mask thing really gets on my nerves. We need them for our job and wear them while handling chemicals and metal powders but it gets more and more difficult to find them, and if you do, they cost twice as much as usual. Our regular supplier is out of stock, just like most DiY stores. Total boolshite ripoff.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
i've been working from home since tuesday because of a cold and the company didn't want me to risk anything...now it looks like they are going to do a company-wide self-quarantine all of next week. i'm getting cabin fever like crazy.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Watch for politicians to start using the corona virus to enact tax cuts, corporate welfare, stimulus measures, etc to "help the economy" aka redistribute wealth upwards.

ugh, so true

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I always try to stock up on TP anyways. I have a water filtration unit. Not worried about anything but canned food to last me a month, if I get Corona. I will just read books play some Neo. Both those things will keep me entertained for months. If any of my friends gets it, I will invite them over. I hope one of my fuck buddies gets it when I do...

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

Started last week with the Fed, and Trump already said he will.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Real-talk, I usually only have a few day's worth of food at my place. I live right down the street from the supermarket so I can just pop in and grab whatever I fell like that day. I'm gonna stock up on canned stuff, though. I feel like I'm giving into the panic, but whatever. It's food. I'll eat it at some point, right?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Real-talk, I usually only have a few day's worth of food at my place. I live right down the street from the supermarket so I can just pop in and grab whatever I fell like that day. I'm gonna stock up on canned stuff, though. I feel like I'm giving into the panic, but whatever. It's food. I'll eat it at some point, right?

It's best to have something on-hand ahead of time. Never underestimate the amount of panic stupidity can cause.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
We are always pretty prepared to live off the grid - we have to be as we lose power frequently (which cuts off both our well water and septic pumps). For us it's better to lose power in winter as we can heat with wood and frozen foods can store outside.

We can in fall and usually have plenty of pasta sauce, apple sauce, salsa, peppers, etc. We keep an emergency (30-day) kit of canned and dry goods. Every year we pull that stuff out, put into general pantry, and then replace the emergency kit. The majority of our activities are outdoor or otherwise non-electronic. We play a ton of board games. I work in hospital setting, so very unlikely we'll get furloughed or quarantined, at least in my specific position, but I wouldn't mind it for a short term (30 days or less). Over 30 days or without a firm end-date, I think the risk of crime and other general health crisis goes way up. If an ultimate plan would be a mass quarantine - that should be done proactively (IE, now) and announced 5-7 days in advance so people could stock up in an orderly fashion and have law enforcement / national guard at set locations to oversee things.

Or, if this country can't do that, then a hard / rational conversation needs to happen - this is a cold, easily killed, but highly contagious and with a higher than normal mortality rate, specifically for elderly and those with respiratory / cardiac conditions. Life can and will continue as normal, but many in those groups will be hospitalized and some will die.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It's best to have something on-hand ahead of time. Never underestimate the amount of panic stupidity can cause.

Did you just say it's good to panic buy because stupid people will panic buy?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Did you just say it's good to panic buy because stupid people will panic buy?

it's good to buy what you need before you have nothing...so i guess, yes. out panic the panicked is the only way to survive.