The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Only when appropriately pissed.

I once went to an old people's home with an ex to see her nan. While we were there some old girl decided I was her son or someone and kept shouting 'Stuart, why did you leave me, Stuart, please' until she was in tears. Fucking haunting.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've had elderly women mistake me for other people from their lives as well, including their dead husbands (one started weeping and begged me not to leave her again . . . that was rough). Sometimes they think I'm a doctor or a priest too.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I once went to an old people's home with an ex to see her nan. While we were there some old girl decided I was her son or someone and kept shouting 'Stuart, why did you leave me, Stuart, please' until she was in tears. Fucking haunting.

I went to see my great grandfather like 20 years ago and there was this frail old woman in a wheelchair clutching a doll, wheeling around screaming "my baby!!!!"

I hate hate hate nursing homes and will kill myself before my hypothetical kid tries to put me in one.

@M

20 Year Member
Giving upset elderly women with dementia baby dolls to hold can sometimes calm them down. I've seen it work several times at my job.

Anyhow, back on topic, I feel fine again today. I'll take a day of feeling a bit crummy over becoming seriously ill anytime and if it takes our country one step closer to getting back to normal all the better.

@M

20 Year Member
And, back off topic, walking into work this morning, what's the first thing my boss asks me? How's the baby doll supply at the thrift store and can I get some for a resident? Seriously, it's frightening how stuff mentioned on this forum then subsequently happens in my real life. It's Mudman voodoo I tell you!

I'm bringing in a couple of Anne Geddes (famous baby photographer) baby dolls, one dressed as a butterfly, the other a hedgehog (not Sonic, you fooks), from my toy collection (don't ask, I'll deny everything) for that elderly woman instead tomorrow.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I want to know your opinions on Cuomo's decision to send the covid patients back to retirement homes.

From what I understand, the whole situation just sounded like a Kobayashi Maru test. There was no way to win in that situation.

It seems the anti-mask crowd is going all Benghazi over it, but the only thing I'd like to know is what they think should have happened instead.

edit: lmbo didn't see wyo's post before mine. wyo, what should Cuomo have done instead?

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
People are making a big deal over nothing regarding the nursing home issue. In the tri state area, covid was mostly brought into the nursing homes via asymptomatic/presymptomatic staff. It was largely spread in the nursing homes via asymptomatic/presymptomatic staff and patients. This is especially true for March/April when preventative testing was basically non-existent.

A recovering person in a nursing home with a known case isn't likely to spread covid. Covid spreads most heavily before the onset of symptoms. The viral load of a recovering patient is very low. Furthermore, if they are a known covid case, then protocols can be followed.

If a person was in a nursing home, contracts covid and then ends up in the hospital then back into the nursing home, then it is hard to say that the re-entry was the "Cause" of further cases in the nursing home.

The decision has far more political risk than actual health risk. And if the executive branch breached any legal or ethical protocols to mitigate the political risk, then they should be held accountable.

@M

20 Year Member
We put new residents in two week quarantine in our isolation wing, regardless of whether they've been sick or not, and also current residents if they stay overnight at a hospital for any reason. We still haven't had any residents catch Covid at our facility yet, only six staff, and they all got two week isolation vacations too as soon as it was discovered through our weekly testing. All the precautions are a pain in the ass (we're currently on a 2 week lockdown because one of my co-workers was in contact with someone who had Covid, but, they didn't even catch it), but, the paranoia works.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I want to know your opinions on Cuomo's decision to send the covid patients back to retirement homes.

From what I understand, the whole situation just sounded like a Kobayashi Maru test. There was no way to win in that situation.

It seems the anti-mask crowd is going all Benghazi over it, but the only thing I'd like to know is what they think should have happened instead.

edit: lmbo didn't see wyo's post before mine. wyo, what should Cuomo have done instead?

Not send covid patients back to retirement homes causing more deaths than 9/11.

Not giving retirement homes immunity from liability because they made political contributions.

Not fudging the death numbers and repeatedly lying about it.

That would have been a good start.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Gonna get my second shot of autism, I mean the Pfizer vaccine, on Thursday.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fuck it, no point to this.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ship people with covid - people in assisted living who shit their diapers and are hooked up to machines, no less - halfway across the country. Sounds like a good idea.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Ship people with covid - people in assisted living who shit their diapers and are hooked up to machines, no less - halfway across the country. Sounds like a good idea.

That wasn't a real idea but it's still better than what they did. Maybe they could have commandeered locations to quarantine these patients away from other vulnerable people.

Why do I have to come up with a solution? Maybe they could go back in time and set up a functional healthcare system that isn't run by bloodsucking ghouls and their paid lackeys in the political establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I started laughing, then felt horrible....

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That wasn't a real idea but it's still better than what they did. Maybe they could have commandeered locations to quarantine these patients away from other vulnerable people.

Why do I have to come up with a solution? Maybe they could go back in time and set up a functional healthcare system that isn't run by bloodsucking ghouls and their paid lackeys in the political establishment.

wyo you milk drinking son of a cunt, THERE IS NO REDACTING IN 2021.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
OMG u guys this is just like when Thanos used the time stone.

Thanos said:
So lucky.

I started a reply to this but I need to clear brush before it gets too hot. I have a story to tell in another thread.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sticks lives. Mao bless. Tell us stories of the Cabin in the Woods and the chainsaw that never was.