The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Turns out that the RN in question did not get vaccinated like I assumed. Management tested all the residents yesterday, and they're all still negative, so, they decided to let visitation and activities resume again today. Staff still has to wear goggles or face shields for the time being, otherwise, back to business as usual.
What a ho. Probably a republican.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
What a ho. Probably a republican.

That RN is a nice woman; I have no idea about her political leanings, but, I don't get a conservative vibe from her at all.

Talking to my boss this morning, she told me that there's quite a few of my co-workers that did not get vaccinated, even though it was free and CVS came and did them on site. That's . . . disturbing. The impression I got, on those vaccination days, from my own firsthand observations, was that most of us got the shots (and many of them posted photos, on FB, showing off their vaccination cards to the world afterwards). I'd say my sense of things was that at least 90-95% of us got the vaccine, but, apparently not.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I got a Pfizer dose on the DL last night. No pain or aches, even at the injection spot.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Got my first weds. Pfizer. Slightly sore from that day and felt a little spacey but nothing else. They had that shit down, in and out in less than 5 minutes.

@M

20 Year Member
Director of nursing just announced that we're going back to twice weekly Covid testing at work, because Michigan Covid cases are on the rise once more. So, I get to shove giant Q-tips up my nose every Tuesday and Friday instead of just Tuesdays again. I get paid for two hours to do it, if I have those days off, but, it's still annoying, and I dearly hope that this shit ends sometime in 2021.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I got my first shot for the moderna vaccine last week for the most part it just left me was a sore shoulder,for a few days.By may i will then get my second one.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Got my 2nd Pfizer dose earlier today. I feel fine right now, but I'm expecting some symptoms tomorrow. Will report on how things go. I'm glad that I can at least feel less anxious about the virus, and that I've got a layer of insurance so to speak.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Director of nursing just announced that we're going back to twice weekly Covid testing at work, because Michigan Covid cases are on the rise once more. So, I get to shove giant Q-tips up my nose every Tuesday and Friday instead of just Tuesdays again. I get paid for two hours to do it, if I have those days off, but, it's still annoying, and I dearly hope that this shit ends sometime in 2021.

theyre still using giant swab there? The test is a lot less invasive now.

@M

20 Year Member
theyre still using giant swab there? The test is a lot less invasive now.
Well, it's giant in the sense of length of the shaft, the actual swab is about normal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Well, it's giant in the sense of length of the shaft, the actual swab is about normal.

but they don’t have to go all the way in anymore. The test is just the entrance of the nostril.

if they’re doing it wrong, stop them. That shit isn’t necessary.

@M

20 Year Member
but they don’t have to go all the way in anymore. The test is just the entrance of the nostril.

if they’re doing it wrong, stop them. That shit isn’t necessary.
We have to swab ourselves, a RN just observes. When we first started testing, around this time last year, the nurses did it to us a couple of times in the beginning, but, then they made us swab ourselves everytime thereafter.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
We have to swab ourselves, a RN just observes. When we first started testing, around this time last year, the nurses did it to us a couple of times in the beginning, but, then they made us swab ourselves everytime thereafter.
vaxxine cuckoldry

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My last Covid test was just spitting in a little plastic container.

The three prior were brain-scraping qtips up the nose.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Might be a liability thing. Cool if you give yourself a bloody nose or puncture your brain, not so much if a nurse does it to you.

could be that the nurse gets off watching people autoerotically penetrate their nostrils.

@M

20 Year Member
could be that the nurse gets off watching people autoerotically penetrate their nostrils.
Different, rotating nurses, usually two working together (one manning the laptop and rapid testing machine, the other providing and supervising the swabbing); they couldn't all share the same fetish.

@M

20 Year Member
On a lighter note, when I went into work this morning, for my second weekly Covid test, one of the nurses gravely joked to me that her partner was going to have to give me a rectal swab today. I thought about that for a few seconds and replied, "I'm taking a sick day then.", and she retorted, "Too late, you're already here." I don't know how sticking a Q-tip up somebody's ass tells you whether or not they have a respiratory disease, but, they're RNs, so, they know what they're doing, right? My bum hurts. 😂

Even "funnier", the woman that does payroll announced that we completely ran out of call-in slips (they're three-sheet carbon copy forms); I'm not exaggerating when I say that someone, often several someones, calls in sick almost every fooking day at my job, and it's usually CNAs, so we go through a LOT of those forms. I'm proud to say that I've never called in sick, even though I'm also incurably ill.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Bare minimum 2022, Infants and young children need to be vaccinated next yet. Then you'll be require to take another round of shots again as well since your "immunity" will have worn away by then, that is if they do not push out the 3rd extra booster before the end of the year. Thats why nothing will change with this current set of vaccinations. You take the shot, and all precautions and social distancing and mask wearing will still continue. This is what Fauci and the others have yet to say yet other than hinting at maybe by the end of 2021/beginning of 2022 children will be able to start getting the shots.

Bill gates said hopefully end of 2022 according to him: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-2022-and-vaccine-sharing-to-ramp-up-12285840

IMHO it will never go back to resembling "normal" in choice places sad to say. Other choice places its pretty much normal despite people wearing a mask by themselves outside by themselves or in their car.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If people would get thier shit together, there would be no need to vaccinate children (particularly those under 12).

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
If people would get thier shit together, there would be no need to vaccinate children (particularly those under 12).
thats not the option though, its the plan. If you go listen to some fauci interviews he basically says this, doesn't matter about adults getting vaccinated while there's the children left un-jabbed. Its a whole group of the population not vaccinated. Basically what he implies.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It will never end because they won't end it, quit blaming people.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Bare minimum 2022, Infants and young children need to be vaccinated next yet. Then you'll be require to take another round of shots again as well since your "immunity" will have worn away by then, that is if they do not push out the 3rd extra booster before the end of the year. Thats why nothing will change with this current set of vaccinations. You take the shot, and all precautions and social distancing and mask wearing will still continue. This is what Fauci and the others have yet to say yet other than hinting at maybe by the end of 2021/beginning of 2022 children will be able to start getting the shots.

Bill gates said hopefully end of 2022 according to him: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-2022-and-vaccine-sharing-to-ramp-up-12285840

IMHO it will never go back to resembling "normal" in choice places sad to say. Other choice places its pretty much normal despite people wearing a mask by themselves outside by themselves or in their car.
Stop fear-mongering. Shit will be better soon.

@M

20 Year Member
Soon as the vaccine gives us all super powers, we divide up along superhero and supervillain lines, and everyday life becomes Marvel Cinematic Universe but with shitty real world explosions and effects instead of CG. I'm going to go by Captain M, the MAME Master. None of you fooks give away my secret identity, k?