The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That wasn't a real idea but it's still better than what they did. Maybe they could have commandeered locations to quarantine these patients away from other vulnerable people.

That is a better solution in hindsight.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Not send covid patients back to retirement homes causing more deaths than 9/11.

The highest reasonable estimate I've heard in 1,000 deaths.... from a patient advocacy group.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There are a lot of government owned spaces that are in disuse: public schools, rec centers. Could commandeer them.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Where can one get the Pfizer?

I was not given a choice. I was vaccinated at my local Hospital. I arrived 15 mins early to my appt to do intake paperwork. I left 15 mins after my shot, no horns/tail/side effects.

There were 2nd jab people in a separate line today, getting Moderna (the floors had labeled stickers lining the lanes for first and second shot people).

Pfizer for me today, 2nd jab on St. Patrick’s Day. That one, according to my reminder card will be Pfizer also. Full immunity by April.

I’m very grateful.
02552b9dc0e2745b0fcd2a54e2832e6c.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Lucky guy

I thank my lucky stars often.

I’ve been scared for over a year, that I would either symptomatic or asymptotically pass the virus to my daughter or mother-in-law, and quite possibly kill them.

My daughter’s best friend’s grandfather died of Covid. He was pro mask, no pre-existing conditions, a tri-athlete, and only 62.

It just takes slipping up once, and you can get got.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
We started letting visitors into the nursing home again (still no one under 18 though, which sucks, because a lot of the residents want to see their great/grandchildren). We were 15-minute rapid testing them, but, that stopped and now we just take their temperature and ask screening questions.

Bizarrely, the powers that be banned all pets last week, citing a rise in Covid cases in the county as the reason. Seems to me that human visitors are the greater threat, but, what do I know, I just call bingo and shit. Fuck Snoopy and Lassie I guess.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got my first vaccine shot today. Pfizer. Can't wait for this shit to be over.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Got my first vaccine shot today. Pfizer. Can't wait for this shit to be over.
Got my first vaccine shot during the forum migration, Pfizer as well. Had a little bit of stomach sickness and arm pain where they gave the shot, but otherwise it was all good. I'm curious how the second shot will be as far as side effects are concerned.

@M

20 Year Member
This shit is never going to end. One of my co-workers, a RN, tested positive for Covid this afternoon at our mandatory weekly test, and we went straight back into full lockdown again. All visitors were immediately evicted from the premises, both wings were closed off with the fire doors, all resident activities and non-essential medical appointments were cancelled, all staff have to wear face shields or goggles in addition to masks again, etc. I presume she was vaccinated, like most of us were in January/February, but, she'd also gone out of town, so, maybe she caught another strain or something. We were SO close to back to normal.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This shit is never going to end. One of my co-workers, a RN, tested positive for Covid this afternoon at our mandatory weekly test, and we went straight back into full lockdown again. All visitors were immediately evicted from the premises, both wings were closed off with the fire doors, all resident activities and non-essential medical appointments were cancelled, all staff have to wear face shields or goggles in addition to masks again, etc. I presume she was vaccinated, like most of us were in January/February, but, she'd also gone out of town, so, maybe she caught another strain or something. We were SO close to back to normal.
Man that sucks but not surprising at all. My wife does testing at the pharmacy and she gets about 5 positive out 30 or so a day. They also tend to lift the phase at times when a lot of people are going to be doing gatherings like Spring Break & Easter. Last year, i was so surprise when we went to phase 3, right when school ended and right before the 4th of July, then of course we got that huge spike and went straight to phase 1 for almost a year. I dont think they want to ever fix the problem. Even though i got my shots at the beginning i still follow the guidelines like i havent.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Got my first vaccine shot during the forum migration, Pfizer as well. Had a little bit of stomach sickness and arm pain where they gave the shot, but otherwise it was all good. I'm curious how the second shot will be as far as side effects are concerned.
Got Pfizer as well. The first one didn't really effect me much, the second gave me joint soreness all around my body. Felt like I got hit by a truck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You just got to witness the 4% in action.
Did anyone tell you it was 100% effective?

@M

20 Year Member
Did anyone tell you it was 100% effective?
I know it's not 100% effective, but, it's still depressing to see how quickly things can backslide at work. And it's possible she wasn't vaccinated too. I know some of my coworkers declined to get it, some for medical reasons, others because they just didn't want to do it; my employer couldn't make it mandatory.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I know it's not 100% effective, but, it's still depressing to see how quickly things can backslide at work. And it's possible she wasn't vaccinated too. I know some of my coworkers declined to get it, some for medical reasons, others because they just didn't want to do it; my employer couldn't make it mandatory.
I've been trying to figure out where to dump my parents, if I ever get lucky and win the power of attorney over their pathetic bodies. I think I will be putting them wherever you work.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've been trying to figure out where to dump my parents, if I ever get lucky and win the power of attorney over their pathetic bodies. I think I will be putting them wherever you work.
M actually runs the home and all the residents have daily teachings in the word of M. M sees all, M knows all, M is forever.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just visit the homes, make sure to see the halls where residents live.

Whichever place has the stalest combination of body/urine/feces stench, that's the place.

@M

20 Year Member
M actually runs the home and all the residents have daily teachings in the word of M. M sees all, M knows all, M is forever.
Running a nursing home would probably give me a nervous breakdown. Juggling staffing issues, finances, legal matters, State protocol, etc., and all of this Covid bullshit on top of that, would be the stuff of nightmares. I don't envy the father-son administrators where I work at all. I often describe elderly care as a minefield to others, and that's the truth. Employee turnover, in all departments (I came close to walking out myself Easter day), is near constant.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Later in life, my mom had several part time jobs as an RN-Supervisor at nursing homes. It was crazy.

I remember one time my mom asked me about one of her CNAs (that she knew I was friendly with) and if one of her parents were from the Netherlands (she was light skinned african american). Apparently, she insisted that she couldn't work on Dec 6th because it was St Nicholas Day.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Got my second Moderna shot at 2pm on March 17th. The next day i had chills, body aches, and a headache I the morning. By 3pm, i was in bed, shivering, with a fever. It broke around 7:30 pm and the next day I was fine. The whole day was not fun, but it was only really bad for about 4 hours. Glad it's over. Now I'm just waiting for them to find out for sure that these shots last longer that 90 days. Not looking forward to going through that again.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got my second Moderna shot at 2pm on March 17th. The next day i had chills, body aches, and a headache I the morning. By 3pm, i was in bed, shivering, with a fever. It broke around 7:30 pm and the next day I was fine. The whole day was not fun, but it was only really bad for about 4 hours. Glad it's over. Now I'm just waiting for them to find out for sure that these shots last longer that 90 days. Not looking forward to going through that again.
Pfizer shot that I got is supposed to be effective for at least six months after the second shot. Hope your Moderna vaccine is as good. Guess, in the long run, I'm not opposed to the idea of regular booster shots, if that's what's needed to get through this, but I worry about convincing the general population to do the same.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Later in life, my mom had several part time jobs as an RN-Supervisor at nursing homes. It was crazy.

I remember one time my mom asked me about one of her CNAs (that she knew I was friendly with) and if one of her parents were from the Netherlands (she was light skinned african american). Apparently, she insisted that she couldn't work on Dec 6th because it was St Nicholas Day.
the easiest way to know is to go to lunch with her and see if she’s willing to split the bill.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Turns out that the RN in question did not get vaccinated like I assumed. Management tested all the residents yesterday, and they're all still negative, so, they decided to let visitation and activities resume again today. Staff still has to wear goggles or face shields for the time being, otherwise, back to business as usual.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Technically, it (if she did get the vaccine) is far less than 4%. Basically for every 1 vaccinated person that got sick, 25 people in the placebo group got sick.