The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Covid cases are up in Michigan in general and my county. The infection control RN at work pleaded with everyone to wear masks and be careful while out celebrating New Year's last night. One of the CNAs posted pictures, of herself, and several other CNAs, kissing guys, and each other, at a bar. Hot, but also not very smart. 😂
Pics or it didn't happen...

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Oh, it happened, but, I'm not sharing those photos of said young ladies here because some of you horny fooks can't be trusted with stimulating imagery like that. 😉

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm sure those two stories were just a completely random sample from all of the pediatric covid cases at that hospital and certainly not the cherry picked two worst cases.

Certainly not.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
All I see from that story is fat people are more likely to be fucked by covid, in kids carry out targeted vaccinations.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
@norton9478 Turn off the CNN for a bit and watch Joe Rogan interview Dr Robert Malone.
Sounds like a real jack-off fest.

I'm hoping this burns out quickly now. Hopefully in the next few months.
With Omnicorn displacing delta and being highly contagious everybody gets infected/vaccinated and we finally get that herd immunity to make it manageable.
Sounds less serious so maybe a few hundred thousand more people will die versus millions to get there.
Would have been nice if everybody just did what they were supposed to and it didn't spread in the first place.
Several antivirals were approved in the last few months but it sounds like they haven't reached hospitals yet.
That should help lower the mortality rate.

I got my booster and a flu shot today.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sure those two stories were just a completely random sample from all of the pediatric covid cases at that hospital and certainly not the cherry picked two worst cases.

Certainly not.

That's the sensationalist media for you. They never seem to interview the pediatric hospital physicians that aren't stressed out about an influx of cases.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Just a non scientific observation from my workplace, everyone (team of 5) apart from me has caught Covid in December or January. It’s never happened like that before, this variant moves fast.

I’ve either been lucky not to get it or I’m asymptomatic (had my 3 jags).

Someone at work needed their teenage daughter to go to hospital on Christmas eve (it’s okay, she’s now fine). Might have been delta given a otherwise healthy 14/15 year old should be okay, but she hadn’t been vaccinated yet.

lithy

20 Year Member
That's the sensationalist media for you. They never seem to interview the pediatric hospital physicians that aren't stressed out about an influx of cases.

Pittsburgh never got the memo, even going back to summer 2020 when the largest local hospital system kept saying they were prepared and that people should not defer hospital care. But of course how NYC goes, so goes the USA, right?

lithy

20 Year Member
Also, the increase in infection rate with cold/flu symptoms or even less than that is leading to a increasing capture of people hospitalized for completely other issues and then classified as 'hospitalizations WITH covid'. It tells us nothing about the severity of illness.

It's over norton. Has been for a year, but the tortured mental wrangling that some people will have to go through to plead permission from their government to return (or be told) to go back to life as normal is going to get funnier, if only it weren't so pathetic, the longer it goes on.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
For nearly 2 years it's been lockdown after lockdown, decimation of the local and hence national economy and fostered a toxic social situation. Now the tables have turned, no more lockdowns and a 'live with it' agenda. What a rollercoaster... Can I just go back to 2019 please?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Cool...cool, cool, cool.

An interesting takeaway.

But following that delta-driven surge, "there are fewer cases than we would expect," said Dr. Roberta DeBiasi, chief of infectious diseases at Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C.

She suspects the shifting trend could be due, in part, to vaccination.

"The time that delta was dominant also happened to coincide with when we had a lot of kids vaccinated," DeBiasi said.

lithy

20 Year Member
Citation needed.

We doing this?

For wataru:

For you:

Is that enough for now?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For you:

Is that enough for now?
None of them actually apply specifically apply to Kawasaki Disease
Though I could have included it.

And none of them are particularly alarmist.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
capture of people hospitalized for completely other issues and then classified as 'hospitalizations WITH covid'. It tells us nothing about the severity of illness.
If a patient is covid positive, then there are additional resource draining protocols.

lithy

20 Year Member
None of them actually apply specifically apply to Kawasaki Disease
Though I could have included it.

Accepting on face value that you weren't at all thinking about MIS-C or Kawasaki Disease (I don't) when you made those posts, what pediatric covid side effects were you thinking about?

I also have no idea what the 'CSA delta fiasco' is/was and Google can offer no insight, so you'll have to use a little more detail there. Community Supported Agriculture? Customer Service Agent? Delta covid variant? Delta Airlines?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Accepting on face value that you weren't at all thinking about MIS-C or Kawasaki Disease (I don't) when you made those posts, what pediatric covid side effects were you thinking about?

Some may be associated with MIS-C, some may not.

The threat of covid to kids is real whether or not you want to admit it.

I also have no idea what the 'CSA delta fiasco' is/was and Google can offer no insight, so you'll have to use a little more detail there. Community Supported Agriculture? Customer Service Agent? Delta covid variant? Delta Airlin

[former] Confederate States of America during the Delta [virus] wave.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The threat of covid to kids is real whether or not you want to admit it.
And for the record, I put my unvaccinated 4 year old on a bus every morning to go to a public elementary school where she is surrounded with unvaccinated kids.

I totally have the option of not doing so. I could keep her home.