Search results

1. [OCEAN]

Columbus Circle re-releasing Breakers Revenge & Ganryu on AES

Haven't seen this commented here yet, but a few hours ago Japanese company Columbus Circle, which have re-relased a few Super Famicom carts, have announced they'll be releasing Breakers Revenge and Ganryu in March: Here's a link with pictures: https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/202001240027/ And...
  2. [OCEAN]

Behold the NeoGeo Mini Big...

Well, it seems SNK has definitely gone nuts. Here's their latest product in our beloved NeoGeo Mini line: And the Rakuten link, just in case someone feels the necessity of sleeping over a plush miniature arcade gone big...
  3. [OCEAN]

NeoGeo Land Shop in Akiba

It seems a NeoGeo pop-up shop is opening for a limited time in Akihabra, starting tomorrow, with some new merchandising and using the NeoGeo Land image. Not sure if there's some kind of expo inside, but there's two "seasons" announced: up until January 17th the first one named "graphic art" and...
  4. [OCEAN]

"The untold stories behind the games of Fatal Fury" article on PS Blog

This article posted today on the PlayStation blog features a lot of information about the development and release of the Real Bout series, as told by its producer Yasuyuki Oda. Not sure if all of this was already known, but I found it quite an interesting read...
  5. [OCEAN]

Garou MOTW concept illustrations shared by Yasuyuki Oda

Just found this via a Twitter post. It seems SNK producer Yasuyuki Oda has shared a couple of MOTW concept docs on his Facebook. Not much, but pretty cool stuff! Source
  6. [OCEAN]

Just wanted to share this "unique" addition to my NGP collection :D

So last week Mr. Toru Iwatani, the creator of Pacman, came to my city as a speaker in a game development congress. I had the chance to chat a while with him (was taking the pictures for a local journalist during an interview) and asked him to sign my NeoGeo Pocket Pacman. It was a fun moment...
  7. [OCEAN]

King of Dragons - Reviving the CPS1 borad questions

Hi! I recently purchased an "untested" King of Dragons B+C CPS1 board (which, of course, turns on dead ;) ) and, giving it physically looks pretty good and battery reads around 2v, I'm assuming it's dead and needs revival. Now, I've done this before with a Captain Commando board, but when I...
  8. [OCEAN]

CPS1 Captain Commando: Dead? (SOLVED)

I recently bought a (supposedly working) Captain Commando CPS1 B Board, which only shows a black screen when booted. I've tried it with 2 different working A boards (taken from 3 wonders and SF2CE) and the result is always the same. Since these boards have a suicide battery, I would like to...
  9. [OCEAN]

Strange 2 Slot sound problems: broken chip?

Hi, I've got some strange sound problems with a 2 slot board (MV-2F) and I haven't got a clue what may be causing them. The main problem is that it seems there are some sound samples missing in most of the games, like if the music was incomplete (when compared with the same carts played on my...
  10. [OCEAN]

Taito F3 video problem & questions

Hi, I recently picked up a Taito F3 mobo with a couple of games and, although it plays great, I'm having a couple of issues and doubts. The image on screen seems to be displaced to the right, leaving a black column to the left. I don't think it's a monitor problem, since I'm using this on the...
  11. [OCEAN]

Rarity and value of these jamma PCB's?

Anyone knows how common/rare are the following JAMMA games? Tekken3 Beastorizer (Bloody Roar) Rival Schools TMNT Final Fight Captain Commando Also, any idea of how much they usually sell for? Thanks in advance,
  12. [OCEAN]

Used arcade shops in Japan

Hi everyone, I'm spending a few days on holiday here in Japan and, since I'm going to move quite a bit for tourism, I'd like to know if anyone knows of any used arcade shop, apart from the typical ones in Akihabara (gfront, try, mak...), so I can visit them. thanks in advance!
  13. [OCEAN]

A few questions about the DS

I've got a few questions regarding the performance of GBA games in the DS: -Can you select on which screen the game will show? -Does the GBA screen matches the DS's in size and aspect ratio? if not, is there any strech/reduction of the image when playing GBA games? -Can you use the four...
  14. [OCEAN]

Faulty video in AES-help

Hi, I have this faulty AES console from a friend of mine, who wanted me to take a look at it, but I have really no idea of what could be causing the problem. The symptoms are: -B/W display -Only some elements of the game are displayed (for example, in the boot intro, the flipping NEOGEO logo...
  15. [OCEAN]

Flying PSP Disc (300k)

This is an extra feature of the PSP! You can play Flying PSP Disc with every game you buy! :tickled: Sorry if the video has been posted before, [OCEAN]
  16. [OCEAN]

Confirmation of original cart

It looks to me as a legit cart, but I'd like to have a 2nd opinion of "the experts" here. It's a RBFF cart. Thanks, [OCEAN]
  17. [OCEAN]

Tekken PCB pinout and wiring

Hi, I recently picked up a Tekken PCB, and found that it had an auxiliary connextor, besides the Jamma one and needs an extra kick harness in order to get the 4 buttons working. My question is, is it ok to wire a cable from the correspondant kick buttons from the auxiliary connector, to the...
  18. [OCEAN]

Erasing saved data in Neo Poke Kun

I just got this game (second handed) and I was wondering if it is possible to erase the saved data so I can start it all over, and if it is, how can I do it. Thanks, [OCEAN]
  19. [OCEAN]

Pachinko pocket parlor guide

I might be selling this game to rise up some money, but don't know how much to ask for it since, aside from being marked as ER in the price guide, no orientative price is given. Anyone here has any idea about how much this game is worth? Perhaps I'll just end up listing it in ebay and see what...
  20. [OCEAN]

Could buttons be remaped using the unibios?

Just wondering if there could be some way to remap the buttons without having to rewire them. I believe it's quite impossible, but since Raz keeps achieving the impossible with his unibios, perhaps... [OCEAN]