Search results

1. jro

Alan Wake 2

Not very good, regardless of swim-lessons. Don't care about the black lady PC, the rest of the game seems to be utter shit at about 5 hours in. Not really making much argument around do the light don't do the light. Srsly would have thought Alan Wake/Control sequel would have been better than...
  2. jro

Can you swim?

Watched a handful of movies lately where "I can't swim!" is a key plot point. At first I was like bullshit, everyone can swim. Then I saw an article on CNN where the author lamented the fact that their parents had both drowned and they also couldn't swim and not swimming was going to cause...
  3. jro

NM no idea what I was thinking there

Maybe I'll try fantasy pickleball someday but nah on any more NFL, my bad.
  4. jro

Shoes (mainly running/walking)

Lately noticed that between my ragged-ass carpet and my near decade-old Air Max 95's, my shoes were not going well. Feet fucking killing me (also I am old, about to be 43, doesn't help). Worn Nikes for so long that I had never really thought much at all about other brands but finally realized I...
  5. jro

PSVR2

Anyone get one? Worth it (*coughnoobviously*)? I have a Meta Quest 2 which I affectionately refer to as the Beat Saber machine. Got it before the price increase so it wasn't THAT much of a waste. Horizon looks sort of cool but not $550 out of my pocket cool. Educated numbers showing that...
  6. jro

Does your boss put you in position to succeed?

SSIA (h/t 'Sage). Interpret as you will, I'm genuinely curious to hear thoughts/opinions.
  7. jro

Illogical(?) ebay seller

I know it's a weird thread title, but I think it's the best word for it- I've been looking (not very hard) for a U.S. Batman and Robin The Arcade Game on Saturn for a while now at a decent price. One gets posted, looks okay in the pictures that are present but no pictures of the disc and the...
  8. jro

So I got hacked and scammed, very poorly.

So this morning at about 9:30 I get the text that Amazon sends you when your order is shipped, except I didn't order anything. So I thought, huh, maybe someone else typed in the wrong phone number by mistake (of course that wasn't it). Figured I should check my Amazon account to see if...
  9. jro

What's the best nutshot you've ever seen in person?

Like this, but IRL: I was in fifth grade and I was on the playground at recess. Fourth grader named Richard is just jogging toward the field to play soccer or something, and his path takes him just in front of Megan and her friend. For whatever reason, Megan kicks her foot out just perfectly...
  10. jro

Hiring people is a pain in the ass

Trying to hire some entry-level maintenance-type staff, and it's surprisingly difficult. Anyone else trying to find people and ending up with awful applicants? So far, I've had all of the following: -one guy who claimed that he had zero convictions but actually had about eight or ten, several...
  11. jro

Souls-likes

Or whatever the word is, you know what I mean. I've always kind of dabbled in them off and on, then recently I finally "got" it with Dark Souls Remastered. Put 50 hours into it and beat it and damn those things can suck you in. I'm halfway or 2/3 through 3 now, and after that I'm thinking I'll...
  12. jro

all Starbucks are closed this afternoon for diversity training

So you gonna have to get your Iced Americano at that ghetto place down the street where it's still cool to call white people honkies. Maybe this will be as effective as when they tried to ask each and every customer what he thought about race relations in the U.S.
  13. jro

Goddamn credit card thieves

I'm curious if this shit is as common for everyone else as it seems to be for me. Got my credit card number stolen a couple years ago. Some asshole stole the number and then started charging it on the opposite side of the state, luckily my CC company flagged the charges and didn't hold me...
  14. jro

when you can tell someone's an asshole just by his voice

I can think of a few occasions when someone, always a guy come to think of it, has a voice that just says PLEASE kick me in the balls I'm a prick. Couple guys who used to work here, one in particular real bad. Then a guy who works for a supply company came through today and his voice made me...
  15. jro

two questions

First, do you ever wonder if you have any repressed memories? Like how do I know I didn't get raped by the mailman when I was eight, since I obviously would have repressed the shit outta that?Or like when you have half-recollections and think, hmm, did that happen, was it a dream, or am I just...
  16. jro

Louis CK is next man up in the Weinstein-Spacey chain

5 accusers now. His new movie just got its release canceled. Was supposed to be on Colbert tonight and got switched out for William H. Macy. Just gonna get worse from the sound of things.
  17. jro

What's your opinion on loot boxes?

Can't throw a rock without hitting loot boxes in games these days. Can't log onto a gaming website without reading articles about them. To me, I don't like them and would prefer not to have them in full-priced games, but I'm also sick of hearing about how they're "gambling" and that they...
  18. jro

Anyone tried botox for migraines?

My doctor mentioned that it might be worth a shot since I've had migraine headaches pretty often for a long time (I've gone through lots of different meds for them). Anyone tried it? I'm tempted, but it's not cheap and usually isn't covered by insurance.
  19. jro

Chester Bennington killed himself

STOP murdering yourselves rock stars. Jeez. Oh and fuck OJ.
  20. jro

favorite late night host?

Let's make this a big inclusive party and add in the weeklies too so John Oliver and Sam Bee can get in there. Time slot agnostic.