Search results

1. Spike Spiegel

Anyone here seeing linus tech tips getting absolutely wrecked?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed here already, but gamers nexus has completely shit all over LTT and I was assuming you guys were gonna discuss it amongst yourselves. Did I miss the post on here?
  2. Spike Spiegel

God and YouTube have the same business model

So, YouTube is like, "tired of seeing these ads? YouTube Premium will save you from seeing them." But... I mean... YouTube is the ones that are making us see the ads. They're sending YouTube Preium down to us as a savior. But it's saving us FROM YouTube's own policy. Like how God sent Jesus to...
  3. Spike Spiegel

WTB: Neo Red Cab

Looking for a 4 or 6 slot mvs red cab in nice condition. Near Chicago.
  4. Spike Spiegel

Anyone here live in southern Michigan?

So.... My job is offering me a job in Benton Harbor. But, I want to stay in touch with my family from Rockford IL, so I was hoping to find something near the border of Michigan and Indiana that isn't Gary (no offense to anyone from there). Anyone here from that area that could offer me some...
  5. Spike Spiegel

You boys are smart: tell me why my vr refuses to turn on unless my tv is on

So I built my pc. Love it. HOWEVER.... I use my LG oled tv as a monitor for gaming. I'm super happy with that set up. I got an oculus, and returned it for a Samsung odyssey. NEITHER of them turn on unless the tv is on. Wtf is going on??? I'm using a 1080ti and both are hooked into hdmi...
  6. Spike Spiegel

Joining PC master race: help a console noob

So I'm building my own gaming pc. I got all the info from a website that constantly updates info, so it was pretty fool proof to order all the correct hardware. So now, what does a noob like me do after I get it up and running? I'll be using Windows 10 (PS, must I purchase it, or can I just...
  7. Spike Spiegel

So I saw Alien Covenant. I am pissed (spoiler free rant)

So, my favorite movie franchise of all time is Alien. The first movie is an all time classic. I've seen it probably 50 or 60 times. Love Aliens. I even really enjoy Alien 3. Prometheus is also one of my favorite movies, too. Don't get me started on Resurrection or the AvsP films. Blech But then...
  8. Spike Spiegel

Looking to buy metal slug X, 3, 4 or 5 AES. Any Region.

AES only. Any language I will take.
  9. Spike Spiegel

My 10 year old gives his opinion on Streets of Rage 2

I haven't made videos in forever, but my son has been making videos himself and I thought I'd spruce them up a bit. This is his second one (first was Mario 64). Didn't think you guys would give a shit about Mario 64, but it's insightful to see what a kid thinks about a game that's over twice as...
  10. Spike Spiegel

Tell me about Persona. 5 is coming out. I love turn based RPGs. Should I be excited?

The game looks stylish as hell, and I'm loving the battle system from what I can see. But how is the rest? It looks very very dialogue driven. And maybe a bit TOO Japanese/high schoolish for my 40 year old ass. Anyone care to chime in?
  11. Spike Spiegel

Overwatch: holy shit

Okay, anyone that knows me from here knows I love fighting games. Always have. But I've gotten pretty tired of them as of late. So lately I've been playing lots of first person shooters, and having a good time. So, just for grins I bought Overwatch just because the reviews were so positive...
  12. Spike Spiegel

Rant about women and loyalty

So.... men. Men are pigs, aren't we? Gather around and listen to a tale of bullshit: So, I dated a very young girl. Too young. Lik 15 years younger than me. A few years ago, it seemed like a great idea. Sex was amazing, but we had 0.0 things in common. Like, every story I told I had to tell a...
  13. Spike Spiegel

PSVR thoughts. Anyone have experience with VR?

I'm currently brain washed into wanting one of these things. Anyone play one or experience VR in general? I'd like to hear some of your thoughts as if it's worthwhile or a waste of time and money.
  14. Spike Spiegel

Anyone here read H.P. Lovecraft?

I bought a book of his stories, and so far he's pretty wordy. It's funny how large the words are back during the 20s and so on. The line, "incongruous in its diminutiveness" would be said as, "smaller than the rest" today. When I read Moby Dick I noticed something similar (again, about same...
  15. Spike Spiegel

Anyone have a promo discount code for the Playstation network?

Looking to buy something. Figured I'd ask if anyone has any discount codes??
  16. Spike Spiegel

So I started to read the bible (I'm not religious)...

.... And let me tell you, there is some bat shit insane things going on in this thing. I just started reading it, but off the top of my head, here's the ones that I found super crazy: Noah, after the flooding of the world, gets piss assed drunk. So drunk that he passes out naked. 600 Year old...
  17. Spike Spiegel

So now, years later, can we all agree KOF98 was the best one?

I still have fond memories of this game, and occasionally when I look up matches I only look up KOF98 matches. Best selection of characters, best gameplay, music, etc. Who could disagree?
  18. Spike Spiegel

Anyone want a Tekken 5 arcade control panel populated?

Hey guys. I gutted out my Tekken 5 cab, and I have a NICE and fully populated with all new sticks/buttons control panel up for sale. Not sure what to ask. Was debating on keeping it myself and making a fighter stick for a ps4 perhaps. Anyone wanna make an offer?
  19. Spike Spiegel

Is there seriously no Uncharted 4 thread yet???

What's taking you guys so long to talk about this? This game is amazing, and I'm shocked nobody is talking about it. Super cool moment early in the game is playing a video game where they're playing a video game. I had nostalgia overload!
  20. Spike Spiegel

Going to buy a 4k TV. Help me, my people!

So, I'm debating buying a 65 inch 4k TV in the 2500 dollar neighborhood. I will be doing a lot of gaming on it, too, so a fast response time will be nice. Anyone have opinions? I've been looking at the new LG 8600. Thoughts?