Search results

1. famicommander

John Romero's Sigil II out now, free

https://romero.com/sigil Romero's second megawad expansion to the Ultimate Doom just dropped. You can download the .wad for free or pay increasingly more for whatever extras you might want.
  2. famicommander

Burt Young (Paulie Pennino in Rocky I-IV) dead at 83

He will always be best remembered as Paulie, and he earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the first movie. A truncated list of his other work via Wikipedia: Chinatown (1974), The Gambler (1974), The Killer Elite (1975), Convoy (1978), Uncle Joe...
  3. famicommander

Arleen Sorkin dead at 67

Best known as the original voice of Harley Quinn, wife of Christopher Lloyd, daytime soap opera actress. Voiced Harley over 50 times between animated films, TV episodes, and video games.
  4. famicommander

Fiction-within-fiction you'd watch for real

I was just watching an episode of King of the Hill, and it was one of the ones where they watch Monsignor Martinez on television. If you haven't seen it: I would watch the shit out of this if it were a real show. Another one I always liked was Sick, Sad World on Daria:
  5. famicommander

Jason David Frank dead at 49

Best known as Tommy from Power Rangers, the first green ranger and then white ranger. He ended up appearing over 230 times across the Power Rangers TV shows, web shorts, theatrical films, and video games. In addition to his acting career he was a world class martial artist: 1-0-0-0 in pro MMA...
  6. famicommander

Aww, here it goes. Coolio dead at 59.

No joke, I think Gangsta's Paradise is still one of the best music videos of all time
  7. famicommander

Hank Aaron dead at 86

Truly as great as they come. A legendary player and an even better man.
  8. famicommander

NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

First Nuggets game last night and they choked it away it in overtime. Jokic picked up right where he left off in the playoffs, though: 29 points, 15 rebounds, 14 assists, 3 blocks Brutal game for Jamal Murray though: 9 points on 1/9 shooting, fouled out
  9. famicommander

HBO Max hits Roku tomorrow, PS5 today

They finally got a deal done so tomorrow, Thursday 12/17 they will finally release the HBO Max app on Roku. It has also been released on PS5, Amazon Fire devices, and they fixed the Linux and Chromebook support that they had earlier bricked in an update. So I think pretty much all major...
  10. famicommander

New Star Wars stuff announced

Bunch of TV shows and other stuff. -Hayden Christiansen will appear as Darth Vader in the Obi-Wan TV series which is set to start filming soon. -Cassian Andor from Rogue One is getting a live action series series which is already filming and will debut in 2022. Set five years before the film...
  11. famicommander

Alex Trebek dead at 80

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/alex-trebek-jeopardy-host-dead-dies-stage-4-pancreatic-cancer/ Terrible news EDIT: Actually 80 years old, not 79
  12. famicommander

Karate Combat

First episode of the second season of Karate Combat is up. The aim of Karate Combat is to reverse the gentrification of karate that has happened over the last few decades due to the soft Olympic style rules and parents essentially using dojos as daycares instead of fighting schools. It's full...
  13. famicommander

Dune trailer

I can't wait for this. Directed by Denis Villeneuve, who has directed 5 other English language films: Prisoners (2013) Enemy (2013) Sicario (2015) Arrival (2016) Blade Runner 2049 (2017) I think all five of them are great movies, especially the latter two. And those two being science fiction...
  14. famicommander

Denny O'Neal dead at 81

The legendary DC Comics writer Dennis O'Neal has died of natural causes. He is best known for returning Batman to his roots as a darker character after the huge influence of the campy Adam West version of the character. He started writing Batman comics in 1970 and was the main editor on the...
  15. famicommander

Disney arbitrarily censoring stuff on Disney+

A Goofy Movie: Splash (oddly, they left the titty scene unaltered) Lilo and Stitch: I'm sure there are tons of other examples, these are just the ones making the rounds on the innanets right now
  16. famicommander

Favorite Doom v2.0

Now that Eternal is out, Doom 64 has been re-released, Sigil is available on consoles, and all the PS4/Switch/Xbone ports have been fixed I thought it might be time to revisit it. I actually changed my answer since the last poll. I originally voted Ultimate Doom, but then I ran through the...
  17. famicommander

Trump doesn't recognize Missourah

18. famicommander

Christopher Tolkien dead at 95

https://www.cbr.com/christopher-tolkien-dies-at-95/
  19. famicommander

DC TV Crisis on Infinite Earths (nerd shit ITT)

Any y'all keeping up with this? Next month DC is doing the biggest crossover in TV history. They are crossing over: Superman The Movie, Superman II, Superman Returns Batman (1989), Batman Returns The Flash (1990-1991 series) Smallville Birds of Prey (2002-2003 series) Arrow The Flash...
  20. famicommander

Ric Ocasic (The Cars) and Eddie Money dead

Tough week for dad rock. No word on the cause of death for Ocasic but Eddie died of cancer, just recently diagnosed.