1cc T-Shirt of the Month Club

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I've been looking for a quality Hudson logo t-shirt-preorder sent!
Now hopefully your 2xl is fatman friendly.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I bought the Hudson one just now. I totally would have bought the Saturn one but I didn't read this thread until just now.

I'd like a really nice "100 Mega Shock" one.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just posted a link to this shirt on pcenginefx.com. I too would have been all over one of those Saturn shirts, but this thread flew under my radar. If anyone bought a men's large saturn shirt and doesn't want it or it doesn't fit them properly, throw me a PM and I'll buy it from you.

Chris

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I really like this shirt. Cool find/use of the source image. I think I'll get one! Just out of curiosity, where in MA are you?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I'm going to go ahead and order one of these, but I really don't like Gildian or whatever brand t-shirts. Wearing them is like sleeping on 100 thread count sheets. Please consider using a softer shirt in the future, like American Apparel, Hanes Beefy T, etc. Thanks!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hmm, never had a problem with Gildan, if anything they fit the best.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm going to go ahead and order one of these, but I really don't like Gildian or whatever brand t-shirts. Wearing them is like sleeping on 100 thread count sheets. Please consider using a softer shirt in the future, like American Apparel, Hanes Beefy T, etc. Thanks!

As someone who worked at a professional screen printing shop for a few years, this. Gildans are pretty much bottom of the barrel. I won't even tell you what wholesale cost is on them. American Apparael or the hanes beefys are way softer / more comfortable. Anvil is OK too.

Awesome design btw.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Bottom of the barrel? :scratch:
That's a bit harsh. I'm wearing one right now and it's a quality t-shirt. I'd actually put it above the more expensive AA shirts, as it's been my experience they tend to get all twisted up in the wash.
Fact is Gildan shirts are regular fit which is more accommodating than slim fit shirts, and they come in a wide variety of colours.
These are also the same shirts lordstar on the shmups forum used during his time making shirts and I don't recall any complaints to the quality of the shirts themselves.
This is only the second month we've done the 1cc Shirt of the Month so understandably we're still working the kinks out, but I figured starting with the most popular brand of t-shirt wasn't a bad way to kick it off. But everyone has their personal preference, and like I told Teddy KGB on Page 1, if we do use a different brand of shirt I will definitely mention it in the pre-order post!

I've been looking for a quality Hudson logo t-shirt-preorder sent!
Now hopefully your 2xl is fatman friendly.
It is ;) These Gildan shirts are a good fit.

Just posted a link to this shirt on pcenginefx.com. I too would have been all over one of those Saturn shirts, but this thread flew under my radar. If anyone bought a men's large saturn shirt and doesn't want it or it doesn't fit them properly, throw me a PM and I'll buy it from you.

Chris
Thanks for spreading the word, Chris! :)
That's a tall order trying to find a Saturn shirt now, though! There are only 6 or 7 floating around the world...

I really like this shirt. Cool find/use of the source image. I think I'll get one! Just out of curiosity, where in MA are you?
Just North of Boston.

Thanks for the interest and feedback, everyone! I'm really happy with the way the Hudson Soft shirts came out :D They look awesome in person.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
As someone who worked at a professional screen printing shop for a few years, this. Gildans are pretty much bottom of the barrel. I won't even tell you what wholesale cost is on them. American Apparael or the hanes beefys are way softer / more comfortable. Anvil is OK too.

Awesome design btw.

More like a burlap sack!
This is one thing that is really holding me back from jumping on these each month. That and the Gildan shirts I've bought in the past always end up in my "wear if I'm running out of clean clothes" pile. Beefys are the same...they are fitted for larger folks, with more space under the arms, and around the mid-section. Even at the smaller sizes. American Apparel have the best fit and softness for those of us who are light-weights.

Really wished you have shirt brand options EllertMichael.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
That's true. The one beefy T that I own is pretty big. I agree about the "only if everything else is dirty" pile. I just like being comfortable above all else, and shirts that are either too rough or too baggy dont make me feel comfy. But we all have different body types.

Anyway, like I said, I'm ordering one of these, but please keep an eye out for a softer 100% cotton option. Thanks!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
More like a burlap sack!
This is one thing that is really holding me back from jumping on these each month. That and the Gildan shirts I've bought in the past always end up in my "wear if I'm running out of clean clothes" pile. Beefys are the same...they are fitted for larger folks, with more space under the arms, and around the mid-section. Even at the smaller sizes. American Apparel have the best fit and softness for those of us who are light-weights.

Really wished you have shirt brand options EllertMichael.

Take this from a fairly skinny guy wearing an American Apparel tank top right now that barely fits
..... Your (and other members) expectations are unrealistic.

I'm not sure what the wholesale value for AA shirts are, but individually they can run up to $20.
It would be pretty stupid to buy an expensive bulk order in the infancy stage of a project that could have easily garnered zero interest from potential buyers.

Further more, "American Aparel body types" are in the minority. It only makes sense to go with a more universal product.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Take this from a fairly skinny guy wearing an American Apparel tank top right now that barely fits
..... Your (and other members) expectations are unrealistic.

I'm not sure what the wholesale value for AA shirts are, but individually they can run up to $20.
It would be pretty stupid to buy an expensive bulk order in the infancy stage of a project that could have easily garnered zero interest from potential buyers.

Further more, "American Aparel body types" are in the minority. It only makes sense to go with a more universal product.

What is your source for that information on AA body type being the minority? If you walk into most stores like Hot Topic (perhaps the most common tee-shirt shop in the States) today you'll notice a vast majority of those are AA body type tees. Even Target stocks AA body type tees in their $10 graphic tees section, and not to mention Threadless does the same. Again, major tee-shirt distribution there.

The majority of the time that I see Gildans are at trade-shows and events (like marathons for example) where tees are handed out as shwag...or when the office manager wants to get company tees printed for their employees. OR, cases like this where passionate folks like EllertMichael want to supply tees for people on their own, at the highest potential profit margin.

I've been reading a few t-shirt forum threads on comparisons of AA to Gildan shirts:
http://www.mintees.com/talk/195326-aa-vs-gildan-soft/
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/find-wholesale-blank-t-shirts-other-imprintable-products/t173190.html

Yeah, the cost is higher, but these people have a few alternative suggestions for AA tees. Perhaps something to look into?
Personally I'd pay more for a higher quality shirt. Heck, these days can I spend up to $40 on a cool tee-shirt at a store, that fits like an AA shirt, and I have no qualms about that.

I just bought a few tees from Threadless on their cheap $10 a shirt sale...they came in fitting and feeling like a AA shirt, and they're excellent.

I'm just saying, I'd most likely jump aboard every month if there was another option other than Gildans.
:buttrock:

skate323k137

10 Year Member
By no means am I here to tell OP how to run his business, and aplogies for the non-purchase replies, but if you're custom printing them in a professional shop every month anyway I would think you could easily order the brands/sizes/colors of garments that people wanted. People pre-pay on order, select their desired brand of shirt, and you stock what people want printed. Assuming OP is printing these at his own shop, I'd think he has a garment supplier that could meet these needs.

Like opt2not said, gildans = giveaway shwag. Print on something nicer and you'll probably get some of my money. Please don't take any of this personally, it's just my 2c. I spent years working in a shop that did everything from 12 piece to 12,000+ piece screen print orders, and we stocked garments from many different suppliers.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
By no means am I here to tell OP how to run his business, and aplogies for the non-purchase replies...
Same here, I apologize if I came off so critical, I'm just really picky about my tees 'cause I tend to go through a lot in a year's time.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I buy and sell a lot shirts for my restaurant. We get more praise from the Gildan shirts than we do American Apparel. Gildan shirts are great. I say American Apparel shirts are for housewives and little girls.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
By no means am I here to tell OP how to run his business, and aplogies for the non-purchase replies, but if you're custom printing them in a professional shop every month anyway I would think you could easily order the brands/sizes/colors of garments that people wanted. People pre-pay on order, select their desired brand of shirt, and you stock what people want printed. Assuming OP is printing these at his own shop, I'd think he has a garment supplier that could meet these needs.

The main problem with offering all these choices (besides how convoluted it would make the ordering process) is that different brands come from different suppliers and would not be shipped together. Which means separate shipping costs for every different brand of shirt. These suppliers require minimum orders, so if one month we only sell one AA shirt, we can't just order ONE AA shirt.

Like andsuchisdeath said, it "makes sense to go with a more universal product." Regular fit Gildan shirts fit EVERYONE. AA shirts are not for every body type, and not everyone is willing to spend $40 on a t-shirt.
No one is getting rich here, and these shirts take a considerable amount of work from start to finish (a point the experienced skate conveniently fails to mention when discussing wholesale costs). We're also paying to use the equipment after hours in a local print shop to offer these shirts (and what's meant to be a fun experience) to the community for an extremely fair price.

I appreciate the apologies and advice, but spreading misinformation to people like these shirts are a "burlap sack" is only going to hinder sales and prematurely end this fun project.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
You do make good points. When you said you were printing them I figured it was your shop, not that you were getting time in on someone elses press. I worked for a much larger scale operation, so obviously my experience differs. We were used to small orders where everyone wanted different brands/colors/etc, and accomodated that.

Also there are different weights/qualities of gildan shirts, so not all of them are really that bad.

BTW when I mentioned wholesale cost I was not ragging on your end cost. I know the work involved, and I'm all for people getting paid for their time and work.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I hope people know the burlap sack comment was an exaggeration. Didnt mean to deter you or anyone away from this, because i honestly love the idea. And I appreciate the insight on what you're having to deal with. Gildans are totally adiquette, I'm just a picky bastiiiid.
I'll just STFU now. :)

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I buy and sell a lot shirts for my restaurant. We get more praise from the Gildan shirts than we do American Apparel. Gildan shirts are great. I say American Apparel shirts are for housewives and little girls.

QFT Thanks Eddie! This is a pretty damn cool project, and I hope all of this thread jacking and nonsense about "skinny fitting," "mine are better than yours" t-shirts doesn't in any way hinder sales.

Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Otherwise STFU dumbass noobs!

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
L0NWlpE.jpg

All shirts printed!
Now we just gotta pack 'em all up tonight and tomorrow we'll send the Bees on their way.

If you were lucky enough to order one in time, please post an awesome picture in this thread once it arrives! :cool:

Shirt #3 will be announced Thursday, August 1st...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You ever thought about having a design contest for one of the months? I'd love to see some 70s, 80s and 90s era shirts.