A semi-serious discussion on transgender issues

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That biological argument, the only one of the three I've made it through so far, is complete bunk.

You know which other biological trait requires specific timing of the activation of a genes in utero? A normal palate.

Yet we consider cleft palate to be a birth defect, not some alternate choice of lifestyle.

People can I course do and say whatever they want, they can ask for pronouns. Issues arise when government thinks it will police speech or force accomodations of what I still think is basically an abnormal or at least atypical mental state.

As someone who openly admits to having gender dysphoria, I'll tell anyone with an ear that it's a mental illness. Now, there's some ups and downs to it, some good traits, some bad...but in the end, it's not my body that's wrong, it's my mind.

Sadly, this kind of speak is now hate-speech.

If someone wants to transition to the other sex, and it honestly improves their way of life doing it, more power to them. Forcing the government to give them all the legal rights of the opposite sex is not the way.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know if Biden can simply change the law in terms of protected classes, because it interferes with property rights (for example, the contracts in women's sports). Protected classes do include sex, and I don't think one type of protected class is more protected than others. Once you get to protected class status, you're protected. https://www.archives.gov/eeo/termin...s protected,with physical or mental handicaps.

The debate for me is really: can a company in the private sector determine how it operates? Should people who are trans be discriminated against? Should people who are transphobic be discriminated against? Should lactose intolerant people be forced to just consume dairy and deal with it? (I know, lactose intolerance isn't a protected class, but it should be, if only the damn milk lobby didn't have so much political clout). It should all be ok, so long as the company is willing to deal with the bottom line repercussion.

The point at where we draw the line should be where a person's 1st amendment rights involve (potential or actual) physical harm, unreasonable displacement (like being banned from a city on account of one's religion (what Mormons did to non-Mormons)). So when Parler becomes a warroom for the insurrection and treason against the US, it should be shut down, but up until that point, it's probably okay (and Parler wasn't willing to stop people from using it illegally, so fuckem, and Napster was given the same raw deal for less (fucking file sharing was treated more harshly than staging a rebellion).

Either way, Biden is being political, and it should surprise no one. It will probably end up splintering the democratic party further and leading to a resurgence of the GOP in 2 years, and that's how hubris works.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Should lactose intolerant people be forced to just consume dairy and deal with it? (I know, lactose intolerance isn't a protected class, but it should be, if only the damn milk lobby didn't have so much political clout).

I have an old friend back home, his kid is in elementary school. One - ONE - of the students at that school is allergic to peanuts. So no kids are allowed to have a lunch with peanut products. No PB&J sandwiches or anything.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The debate for me is really: can a company in the private sector determine how it operates? Should people who are trans be discriminated against? Should people who are transphobic be discriminated against? Should lactose intolerant people be forced to just consume dairy and deal with it? (I know, lactose intolerance isn't a protected class, but it should be, if only the damn milk lobby didn't have so much political clout). It should all be ok, so long as the company is willing to deal with the bottom line repercussion.

This is the heart of the matter.

There is freedom to make personal choices, and freedom from the consequences of those choices. People are trying to force laws making then exempt from their personal choices.

If I want to go get "fuck you" tattooed across my forehead, fine. If I want to force my employer to keep me on afterwards, not fine.

I hate to say this, but as a society, we are not ready for this yet. We are barely scraping into the acceptance of gay culture in the workplace and that's taken decades.

I'll make myself an example. I look nothing like a woman, nor do I sound like one. If I want to transition to a female, fine...it's 100% my choice. The reality is, it would possibly cost me my marriage, definitely cost my friendships, and 100% cost me my job. They'd find some way to let me go outside of the opposite, but I'd be fired nonetheless. Looking to the law to protect me from that is not a good move.

Social change and progress is not done through laws forcing it down people's throats. That approach often makes the situation worse.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have an old friend back home, his kid is in elementary school. One - ONE - of the students at that school is allergic to peanuts. So no kids are allowed to have a lunch with peanut products. No PB&J sandwiches or anything.

The whole "nuts in school" thing has been blown WAY out of proportion and has taken on a life of its own. In just the 8 years my child has been in school it has gone from "home made snacks ok for students, just disclose what's in them." to "no home made snacks for students" to "no food to be brought in for them at all". All in the name of nut allergies, it's absurd.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey smokes I just wanna let you know, despite having disagreements in politics and murdering rabbits eating garden vegetables*, I hope you're doing all right with your gender dysphoria, sincerely.

*only real OG neo-geo.com/forums members get this

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Hey smokes I just wanna let you know, despite having disagreements in politics and murdering rabbits eating garden vegetables*, I hope you're doing all right with your gender dysphoria, sincerely.

*only real OG neo-geo.com/forums members get this

I appreciate the kind words.

Everyone has "issues", they have their own struggles, and face their own trials. Gender dysphoria happens to be mine. It's been an interesting journey since coming clean pushing 6 years ago and honestly, I've been able to learn quite a bit about it.

It's a real thing, and not one to be taken lightly, but it's also not something to make a legal issue. When males now get twisted because someone is telling them they that cannot menstruate and parents are legally allowed to give children hormones forcing their biological system into fighting itself, we're all taking this a bit too far.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Public reminder that 'fatphobia' language is making inroads into the culture.

i don't know why the term fatphobia even exists, since fat people are just digusting for real and should be shunned by the rest of the population for being fat.

where do we stop at normalizing mental illness? oh you can't be mean to trannies and you have to accept and be inclusive about it, otherwise you're a bigot. what's next? accepting pedophilia? zoophilia? would you let a tranny teach your children at school? I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
we've seen pictures of you before, you fat fucking cunt. try drinking less shitty china beer and you might just get your dick wet again.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I don't believe you.

A trans person teaching my child? I couldn’t care less...but*

*= I don’t trust them to keep their life choices to themselves, and that’s my issue with it. Many of these people are not happy with simply blending in, they want their choices right in your face and shoved down your throat.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
we've seen pictures of you before, you fat fucking cunt. try drinking less shitty china beer and you might just get your dick wet again.

Fat men can call other fat men fat. It's in the rule book.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FYI you're all ladies trying to take a dump in my mens room.

Which is also the name of my future gay bar: The Men's Room.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wasabi. You are not opening a gay's bar. Why do you lie?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well, how timely. Biden in his first day in office has signed an executive order pushing schools to allow trans girls to participate in girls sports. Yay for the intended inclusiveness, but boo for the unintended consequence of cis girls being utterly dominated by former boys. How weird is it that no one seems to be discussing trans boys competing in boys sports. Gee, I wonder why that is?

And already the Republicans are pushing back, accusing Biden of "erasing women". How depressingly predictable.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Can we have weight classes in sports outside of wrestling? I don’t give a damn about keeping women and men separate. I’m not some primitive jihadist. Let boys and girls play each other and maybe some of them will learn something about limits, one way or another.

As for erasing women, that has already happened in Nordic countries where men fuck men, women dress like men and look like men just to get fucked, by men or each other. The drive toward sexual ambiguity has been going for a while now, but I think the turkey is about ready to be taken from the oven and served.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
As for erasing women, that has already happened in Nordic countries where men fuck men, women dress like men and look like men just to get fucked, by men or each other. The drive toward sexual ambiguity has been going for a while now, but I think the turkey is about ready to be taken from the oven and served.

Exactly. This is how we get here:

89b1d15f51a3c8a9d0a1a95490777fab.jpg

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
“So the final conclusion would surely be that whereas other civilizations have been brought down by attacks of barbarians from without, ours had the unique distinction of training its own destroyers at its own educational institutions, and then providing them with facilities for propagating their destructive ideology far and wide, all at the public expense. Thus did Western Man decide to abolish himself, creating his own boredom out of his own affluence, his own vulnerability out of his own strength, his own impotence out of his own erotomania, himself blowing the trumpet that brought the walls of his own city tumbling down, and having convinced himself that he was too numerous, labored with pill and scalpel and syringe to make himself fewer. Until at last, having educated himself into imbecility, and polluted and drugged himself into stupefaction, he keeled over--a weary, battered old brontosaurus--and became extinct.”

― Malcolm Muggeridge

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That's not what's been happening. Biological females are already being pushed out of women's sports in a few cases at the high school level by biological males identifying as female. There's also been at least one case of a biological male identifying as female who beat the shit out of a biological female in the UFC.

UFC isn't a sport, it is an entertainment company