Analogue Interactive Eat Your Heart Out - RKAIDR

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
http://www.lovehulten.com/store/p3/R-KAID-R.html

What if I told you you could pay 2,499 Euros for a wooden Ben Heck-style MAME portable?

5855634.jpg

I would tell you the future is NOW!!

And how about a Woodie controller to go with that?

images

LOL :lol:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Is there a certificate of authenticity for that thing? XD

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
You should think that when you pay that much it is actually possible to close the box - which seems unlikely considering the pictures.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
You should think that when you pay that much it is actually possible to close the box - which seems unlikely considering the pictures.
Possible that the joystick screws on and off or detaches somehow to close it. Still seems more novelty than something that can handle fast and furious play

It does come with Cave Story lol

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I love the exposed ribbon cable going to the monitor.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
$3,500.....

Hmm mobile wooden overpriced crap or a new Vewlix. This is a tough one.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It's like a Sega Blast City, a New Net City, a Taito Egret 2, and a Neo Geo MVS put TOGETHER! (But only in price Lol)

Is it weird that the thing I find most offensive about this is a curved bezel on an LCD? Also what were they thinking with the design here? ...Steampunk?? Shouldn't something arcade focused invoke arcades and not 1930s radios? Also for $3500 I'm gonna need stronger box hinges.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
It's like a Sega Blast City, a New Net City, a Taito Egret 2, and a Neo Geo MVS put TOGETHER! (But only in price Lol)

Is it weird that the thing I find most offensive about this is a curved bezel on an LCD? Also what were they thinking with the design here? ...Steampunk?? Shouldn't something arcade focused invoke arcades and not 1930s radios? Also for $3500 I'm gonna need stronger box hinges.

It's the 3 rows of buttons that kill me.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It's the 3 rows of buttons that kill me.

I was wracking my brain trying to think of a single game that uses three rows of buttons.. Why is it that most people who build MAME cabinets don't seem like they have ever been to an arcade?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Think of all the humidors that made the ultimate sacrifice in order to build these.

emkennedy-funeral-services-photo-027.jpg

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I'll wait for the aircraft grade Aluminium version ... I like to play at Mach 3.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I watched the video out of curiosity, that first button on the top row is actually a screwdriver you pull out for tightening the joystick shaft.

At least the woodwork is fancy.... but I think his time would have been better served making a jewelry box or something.

I don't understand who this is supposed to be targeted at. The arcade enthusiast who also loves steampunk larping and wants to get a game of Hyper Fighting on while discussing their victorian corsets?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
most expensive rasperry pi ever.

yeah. thats pretty much whats inside.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Probably trying to scoop some off that Analogue market share, but honestly, not even sure if the guy that built this one plays video games. 3 rows is pointless, also seems needlessly embellished with the decorative designs and also that faux tube lcd screen.

gabe

Quiz Detective
I'm only hatin' on this because I wasn't the one to figure out how to slap a Raspberry Pi in a wooden box and sell it to suckers for $3400.

I feel the same way about the potato salad Kickstarter.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Ok so upon further investigation.. apparently this guy is just into wooden, stampunkish, 1930s radio stuff. Everything he designs looks like this.

Did you guys see this though? http://www.lovehulten.com/rkaid42.html

That seems far cooler, and more sensible then this RKAIDR garbage thing. Oh you know, except for the part where it's 3,300 freakin euro.