Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I got the RG35XX in today. Trying to set it up with proper firmware now. The form factor is pretty choice.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Playing PSP games at 2x resolution is pretty wild. It's almost like playing a Vita game.

Currently a couple hours into the fanslation of 7th Dragon 2020 and really digging it on the Retroid 3+

I think this is a 30+ hour game, so I know for a fact I will never finish it, but digging it all the same. It's on CDRomance for anyone curious.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Super helpful for those with Retroid Pocket 3+ devices

edit: Fueled by alcohol and unemployment rage - I've used this list to really unlock the Pokcet 3+'s potential. Playing PS2 and 3DS and Gamecube on this thing is kinda wild considering how cheap it is.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Does anyone know how the hell to get the Bezel Project to work on Android?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Got the Miyoo Mini+ in this week. Interesting comparing the RG35XX and Miyoo Mini+. Stock firmware on MM+ is butt, gotta say.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Got the Miyoo Mini+ in this week. Interesting comparing the RG35XX and Miyoo Mini+. Stock firmware on MM+ is butt, gotta say.

Only had the Miyoo Mini, and stock OS was garbage - Onion though was [chefkiss]

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Does anyone know how the hell to get the Bezel Project to work on Android?

Giving up on this - does anyone have a good link to console/system bezels? I just need a single ZIP and not a bunch of github links

The screen on the RP3+ is large enough (I think) to accommodate some bezels...just not sure how much I dig 'em

GBA looks cool with a filter and bezel...
1681001247063.png

But then no filter, as large as possible also looks great
1681001275732.png

What do y'all do?

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
my Anbernic RG405M finally here

gNjrqKB.jpg

so beautiful :love:

You can switch to Game Mode for using RetroGame Launcher
or disable it for come back to default Android Launcher easily and manager your console (emulators / ROMs, Google Play...)
theme of RetroGame Launcher can be changed.
8W109Ca.jpg

Bce502T.jpg

---

Edit: I have already replaced default Launcher/ RetroGaming Launcher by Daijisho

Daijishō (Emulator frontend)

---

Edit 2: ScummVM work, it's just needed to download APK from official website
Dr4FCAU.jpg

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Super helpful for those with Retroid Pocket 3+ devices

edit: Fueled by alcohol and unemployment rage - I've used this list to really unlock the Pokcet 3+'s potential. Playing PS2 and 3DS and Gamecube on this thing is kinda wild considering how cheap it is.

I was checking out the AM2R community launcher a few weeks ago and saw that, aside from downloading and applying community patches to the 1.1 release, it will also generate an APK for you. I'm playing it on my RP2+. It'a a lot of fun, but you can tell that it was made with a larger display in mind and it's sometimes hard to pick out enemies, particularly the stationary ones, from the background. The stacked shoulder buttons do make angled aiming more natural than it would be on an Anbernic machine, and I bet it would benefit a lot from the larger screen on the 3+.

Edit: It actually looks great on the RP2+. I just needed to turn off widescreen.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I've been replaying Golden Sun on GBA on the RP3+. Haven't played since release. Forgot how much a banger this game is. I never got to play the sequel but I really wanted to revisit the first game before I do. The soundtrack is badass as well.

Found the perfect shader set. I'm doing 2 passes. One is sharp bilinear simple and the other is AGB color I wanna say. Plus a 1 frame run ahead 👌

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I gotta play Golden Sun sometime. I keep thinking "that's the next game I'm gonna play after I finish this one" and forget.

I'm almost 7 hours into the the first one and am totally engrossed. I'm hoping it's about 20 hrs, so I can hop into the next. But sometimes these games shock me with how long they are. I haven't looked at howlongtobeat yet...out of fear. But yeah, this game kicks ass.

IMG_20230417_235108.jpg

Edit...ok 22 hrs. I can do that I think. Not sure I'll finish the second one, but I am looking forward to trying.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
1682267170411.png

Not sure why I bought this? But I'm looking forward to messing around with it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I know that feeling. But this time I could resist, since it's basically a RP3+. After 3 decades, I would be able to open a handheld musem. 😁

Yeah, my hope is it can maybe be overclocked since it has active cooling?! Doubt it though - it's just a different form factor. I immediately regretted buying after seeing it's the same specs, but as I said - I've bought dumber shit. The RP3+ has grown to be my fave, so [shrug]

pokemoe

n00b
guys have you seen the latest gpd win 4? with this beast in the market, i don't know if it makes any sense to go after android handhelds.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
For those with RP3+'s - I have set all my PPSSPP settings just like in the major videos and guides....everyone is saying Wipeout Pure runs 60fps at 3X....no matter what I do mine hiccups and stutters every few seconds (even at 2X). WTF?! Any tips, pointers, help?

Edit: so all of a sudden it seems to be working. Go figure. Pure still hiccups a little at the start of the race but smooths out and never stutters again. Pulse runs great. No idea why all of a sudden it's working great.

On the topic of PSP - 3X scaled games on the RP3+ look insanely great. I'm revisiting the library now that everything has extremely improved visuals

Last edited: