Aquarium fishy

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im not a big fan of pets at all. i just dont see the point in having one but my daughter has been bugging me forever...So i think we are going to go with with fishes for her birthday.

Is there particular brand aquarium that's good to buy. Are the ones in Petco w/ the stands any good?

If you have one, can you post it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fish are the most pussy pet you can buy. Okay for older people who want to silently zen out watching the fish swim around endlessly, but meaningless for a kid. Provides no companionship whatsoever. Zero fun, zero interaction. You can't even be sure the fish are aware you exist.

Get your kid a dog like a real parent.

Judas Priest, fishes. Even a turtle would be better. I guess your kid is lucky you didn't just decide to go for a tamagotchi. What, are you afraid a dog might mess up your precious statues? Fishes. Dad of the year over here.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The bigger the aquarium, the easier it is to care for.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Get a Labradoodle. Stupid name, but a good, medium-size dog. They can be indoors or outdoors, they're super smart and affectionate, they don't shed much or at all, they don't chew everything up, they don't shit all over everything. They will help your kids' emotional development so that they don't grow up dead inside and spend their lives needing to buy endless material possessions in a futile attempt to fill the hole inside themselves.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Tamagotchi, fucking lol!

But seriously HDR, whenever your kid wants to see a fish in a tank just take them to a real aquarium or a Chinese restaurant.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Actually I bought her nintendogs for a pet. She can get a dog when she moves out.

Going to the pet store tomorrow

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
1A647285-9301-4C0D-905B-9E5C29482D95.jpeg

I have a 100L tank on a stand with couple of tetras, mollies, cichlids and snails
Tetras are probably easiest of the ones we have, then cichlids.
Not familiar with any certain brand over the other one. Probably best to buy one with all included, heater, pump, filter. Would just at least recommend a glass tank over plastic

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
04mission-impossible-stunts7.jpg

deuce-bigalow-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Go big or go home.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Lol this thread so far

STK is half right though - fish are a total waste of time for a kid, after a week she's going to side glance twice a year max, and you're left cleaning out the tank, replacing dead fish and wanking over pH levels.

The answer isn't a dog though. How old is the daughter? Can't you just brave it out until she leaves home? I bought my daughter a dog because she was going through some tough times and now she's going to university. This cunting thing is going to live for 15 years, I'm horrified.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Fish are a good idea. When she’s over it in a few weeks you can just flush the whole fucking lot down the toilet and repurpose the tank as storage.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Fish are a good idea. When she’s over it in a few weeks you can just flush the whole fucking lot down the toilet and repurpose the tank as storage.

Good shout. He could even fill the tank with Stingray dolls and make an underwater Gerry Anderson scene.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
STK is half right though - fish are a total waste of time for a kid, after a week she's going to side glance twice a year max, and you're left cleaning out the tank, replacing dead fish and wanking over pH levels.

Truer words. Fish are awesome if you are super baller level and have a giant aquarium that you pay someone to maintain aside from that they're just a total pain in the ass. Your kid will loose interest and it will turn into a scum bucket in a matter of weeks. Even a small beginners tank has to be maintained more than you would imagine.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Im not a big fan of pets at all. i just dont see the point in having one but my daughter has been bugging me forever...So i think we are going to go with with fishes for her birthday.

Is there particular brand aquarium that's good to buy. Are the ones in Petco w/ the stands any good?

If you have one, can you post it.

I have a 240 liter one. I would tell you more about it, but I think you're a stupid cunt, so I won't.

Just go buy some Aquaman dolls instead and then proceed to go fuck yourself.

View attachment 57791

I have a 100L tank on a stand with couple of tetras, mollies, cichlids and snails
Tetras are probably easiest of the ones we have, then cichlids.
Not familiar with any certain brand over the other one. Probably best to buy one with all included, heater, pump, filter. Would just at least recommend a glass tank over plastic

what's with the oversized filter?

The bigger the aquarium, the easier it is to care for.

True. Anything under a 100 liters is bullshit anyway.

Last edited:

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It is not only a filter, the pump is in it and the heater. But it is truly big, found a fish in it few days ago still alive

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It is not only a filter, the pump is in it and the heater. But it is truly big, found a fish in it few days ago still alive

mine is like, half of that, pump and heater.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Get a dog or a cat.

Fish aren't even pets. They're decorations that smell bad. Same with reptiles and most birds.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
My wife never had a real pet until we got married and she regretted growing up without one. Get your daughter a dog or a cat, something she can interact with.

Fish for a kid is a lot of work with no real payoff for them.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I had like 9 dogs growing up in the farm. Puppies are cute and then you see them eat their vomit and shit. then lick their balls and other dogs balls too. no thanks you filthy animal

cat shit is the most vile smell ever. it's like you combine every shit imaginable...no thanks

I have reptile PTSD living in the jungle of Panama. I came a cross a bunch of them tongue sticking out freaks. yeah no thanks

Going to stick with the fishy fishy

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I had like 9 dogs growing up in the farm. Puppies are cute and then you see them eat their vomit and shit. then lick their balls and other dogs balls too. no thanks you filthy animal

cat shit is the most vile smell ever. it's like you combine every shit imaginable...no thanks

I have reptile PTSD living in the jungle of Panama. I came a cross a bunch of them tongue sticking out freaks. yeah no thanks

Fish would lick their own balls and each other's balls if they could

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Fish can be chill, but the sound of the constant trickle of water does my head in...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

You could've become the real life Blanka,, but instead you traded that life in exchange for polystone bubblebutt dolls.

Sad man, just sad.