Arcade1up better than real cabs?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Mainly want a pacman/galaga one for vert games. But I'd definitely love to have a star wars with the bench, and pseudo convert it into a STUN runner. I've always wanted that cab.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
They officially announced another batch of them.

Ms. Pac, Burgertime, X-men vs. SF/Marvel vs. Capcom, Big Buck Hunter, and a Marvel Pinball game.

Seeing how many of these seem to get clearanced out at Walmart, I'm amazed they continue to churn them out with big-time licenses.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate

Ms. Pac, Burgertime, X-men vs. SF/Marvel vs. Capcom, Big Buck Hunter, and a Marvel Pinball game.

Seeing how many of these seem to get clearanced out at Walmart, I'm amazed they continue to churn them out with big-time licenses.

The biggest price drops have been on the walmart exclusives.

If each walmart sells 10 before discounting them, that is about 40k units sold.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Surprisingly big community for these. i want that Marvel Pinball, i heard it has haptic feedback. I think TMNT will be the next game to go clearance. I might pick that up if i can get it for $100 or less.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
For $50, I'd pick up the Star Wars solely for the controller. That's what makes it stand out from the other games and cabinets.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Surprisingly big community for these. i want that Marvel Pinball, i heard it has haptic feedback. I think TMNT will be the next game to go clearance. I might pick that up if i can get it for $100 or less.

That pinball is going to be terrible. Just get a real pin.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That pinball is going to be terrible. Just get a real pin.

Why would it be terrible? This will have 10 fx games included and I'm sure will allow downloads in the future.

Real pinball is going to cost you at least $2000 starting and that's for just one game.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
There is no kinetic satisfaction with virtual. I've played some of the higher end ones at TPF and it just doesn't feel right to me. Plus Arcade1up is going to be terrible quality.

It just screams dumpster fire.

But yeah real pins are expensive. 2000 for one from the early 90s or 80s maybe, Stern is selling their new ones for like 7500. Most people who have pins just keep trading and rotating titles because of the price.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
There is no kinetic satisfaction with virtual. I've played some of the higher end ones at TPF and it just doesn't feel right to me. Plus Arcade1up is going to be terrible quality.

It just screams dumpster fire.

But yeah real pins are expensive. 2000 for one from the early 90s or 80s maybe, Stern is selling their new ones for like 7500. Most people who have pins just keep trading and rotating titles because of the price.

So you're advising me to buy a real pinball for $2000-$7,500, compared to a $100 pinball machine? Maybe when i buy a boat, i should get yacht. Insteading of getting a Honda, lets get Lambo.

The Marvel pinball are fantasy pinball games from the FX series. You cant replicate the gameplay on a real pinball machine. Believe it or not, you can still have fun playing simulated pinball games. Been playing them all my life Pinbot Nes, Space Cadet PC, Metroid Pinball DS, & of course the FX series has been amazing.

Im not expecting highest quality but if they can get somewhat same quality as their MK cab, i think ill be content with it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The pinball machine is rumored to be $600 and will probably be hot garbage just like all the other shit this company produces.

Also lol @ price hating on pins but buying a $1000 toy that does nothing.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So you're advising me to buy a real pinball for $2000-$7,500, compared to a $100 pinball machine? Maybe when i buy a boat, i should get yacht. Insteading of getting a Honda, lets get Lambo.

The Marvel pinball are fantasy pinball games from the FX series. You cant replicate the gameplay on a real pinball machine. Believe it or not, you can still have fun playing simulated pinball games. Been playing them all my life Pinbot Nes, Space Cadet PC, Metroid Pinball DS, & of course the FX series has been amazing.

Im not expecting highest quality but if they can get somewhat same quality as their MK cab, i think ill be content with it.
Doubt they will be $100.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
The X-men vs. SF and Marvel vs. Capcom cabs should have been just one with X-men vs. SF, Marvel vs SF, and Marvel vs. Capcom. Having two cabs with added Super Nintendo games that no one wants is just a cash grab.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
The pinball machine is rumored to be $600 and will probably be hot garbage just like all the other shit this company produces.

Also lol @ price hating on pins but buying a $1000 toy that does nothing.

Fuck off faggit...Statues are not toys.

Anyway, i've gotten all my 1ups for $100 or less so far. I just recently got Star Wars for $50. There is a certain price point for me & $150 is probably the max ill ever pay for these 1up merch.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

These aren't going to be 100 bucks. They are 600. After tax it's almost half the price of a pin. If you're waiting to go discount dumpster diving hoping to get this on clearance go for it. But it's a waste.

If you have the money for statues you have money for a real pin. Speaking from experience. I have both.

Edit: Which statues do you collect? Prime 1? XM? Sideshow has stepped up their game. I'm loving the Cable they just did.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
These aren't going to be 100 bucks. They are 600. After tax it's almost half the price of a pin. If you're waiting to go discount dumpster diving hoping to get this on clearance go for it. But it's a waste.

If you have the money for statues you have money for a real pin. Speaking from experience. I have both.

Edit: Which statues do you collect? Prime 1? XM? Sideshow has stepped up their game. I'm loving the Cable they just did.

Every one of the arcade1up has gone on clearance. I dont see why this will be different. I too have real arcades, real pinball, & also a virtua pin already...Still i can find the appeal for the 1ups merch.

For statues, I mostly collect movie icons. I also have my fav comic book characters, anime, & video game too. That cable does look awesome and i think it will go reat with Cyclops.

I already told myself that Griffith from Berserk anime will be my last statue but damn, so many good ones are coming out now like the Sentinel Diorama, Skull knight w/ horse, & Van Damme...My problem right now is not knowing where to put the storage boxes.

You should post your collection in this thread. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?232931-Anyone-here-collect-toys-Action-Firgures/page79 Too many faggits trolling like Decipticonzero. It be nice to see another collector.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Fuck off faggit...Statues are not toys.

Anyway, i've gotten all my 1ups for $100 or less so far. I just recently got Star Wars for $50. There is a certain price point for me & $150 is probably the max ill ever pay for these 1up merch.

Oh that's right, toys don't usually give the Terminator more cushion for the pushin. My mistake.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Oh that's right, toys don't usually give the Terminator more cushion for the pushin. My mistake.

I know you're too poor to afford it, that's why you knock it. Just like the other faggits in the thread. Your life must really suck going around every social media site being a dick. Probably alone and single cuz no one wants to be with your ugly fat ass.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Every one of the arcade1up has gone on clearance. I dont see why this will be different. I too have real arcades, real pinball, & also a virtua pin already...Still i can find the appeal for the 1ups merch.

For statues, I mostly collect movie icons. I also have my fav comic book characters, anime, & video game too. That cable does look awesome and i think it will go reat with Cyclops.

I already told myself that Griffith from Berserk anime will be my last statue but damn, so many good ones are coming out now like the Sentinel Diorama, Skull knight w/ horse, & Van Damme...My problem right now is not knowing where to put the storage boxes.

You should post your collection in this thread. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?232931-Anyone-here-collect-toys-Action-Firgures/page79 Too many faggits trolling like Decipticonzero. It be nice to see another collector.

I didn't realize you had a real pin. Do what you want then lol.

My garage is filled with shippers and boxes so I can relate to that. I might post in that thread this weekend after I give everything a good dusting.

I don't have much, a few hot toys and some statues. I saw your Terminator statues. That T1 with the phat ass, lol. I couldn't own that. Is that old sideshow?

I think the only grail piece I have is a Legendary Scale Doctor Doom, but nothing special.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I know you're too poor to afford it, that's why you knock it. Just like the other faggits in the thread. Your life must really suck going around every social media site being a dick. Probably alone and single cuz no one wants to be with your ugly fat ass.

Married, making six digits a year and happy. Just like you. I just don't find the need to humble brag and dick wag like you do.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Real pinball is going to cost you at least $2000 starting and that's for just one game.

Depends. Do you want a project or an oddball non-popular shopped pin?

I bought an Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition for $300. After a few coils, adjustments, header reflows, SuperCap replacement, other minor shit, and a ton of cleaning. I had a fully working, normal wear, 1982 SS Bally for $800 that I enjoyed for 2 years before I sold it.

There are $5k+ Virtual Pins out there with all the bells and whistles that still can't get that feel and never will. You really expect a $600 turd to?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Depends. Do you want a project or an oddball non-popular shopped pin?

I bought an Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition for $300. After a few coils, adjustments, header reflows, SuperCap replacement, other minor shit, and a ton of cleaning. I had a fully working, normal wear, 1982 SS Bally for $800 that I enjoyed for 2 years before I sold it.

There are $5k+ Virtual Pins out there with all the bells and whistles that still can't get that feel and never will. You really expect a $600 turd to?

EXACTLY

But the dude says he has pins so whatever lol. Congrats on that 300 dollar pin man! My first pin was a NIB munsters premium, but I ended up trading it off for a Ghostbusters Premium and I'm already saving up for a TMNT premium.

I really enjoy the maintenance aspect of the hobby and the mods.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
EXACTLY

But the dude says he has pins so whatever lol. Congrats on that 300 dollar pin man! My first pin was a NIB munsters premium, but I ended up trading it off for a Ghostbusters Premium and I'm already saving up for a TMNT premium.

I really enjoy the maintenance aspect of the hobby and the mods.

Real talk, that TMNT is such a fucking let down. From the design, to the art, to the reusing of gimmicks I was really disappointed. Back to the hunt for an AF.