Art of Fighting Anthology

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
well i got the AOF Collection on the PS2 and its awesome. I have always like the AOF/FF/KOF series its not about how bad a game sucks, its about the person that does not know how to play em :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like all the AOF's I'm partial with the first because of the nostalgia factor, and contradictory to some comments, I think that was popular outside of Japan, I remember real well the SNES and Genesis ports, the SNES had a good scale effect figuratively speaking of course.

I've must of been like 15 when I play AOF for the first time, it was a religious experience, one of the reason I had an AES years later.

World Heroes series rock! Corny as hell, but they're charming. Is games like these along with the FF early series that gave us options when it came to play something other than SF and still have our fill of fighting genre.

Some games grow and some don't, I'm just happy that SNK is still bringing games to the US. Granted I'm confused as to why choose this title over the newer more commercial titles to push the SNK status in que.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
electricgrave said:
I like all the AOF's I'm partial with the first because of the nostalgia factor, and contradictory to some comments, I think that was popular outside of Japan, I remember real well the SNES and Genesis ports, the SNES had a good scale effect figuratively speaking of course.

I've must of been like 15 when I play AOF for the first time, it was a religious experience, one of the reason I had an AES years later.

World Heroes series rock! Corny as hell, but they're charming. Is games like these along with the FF early series that gave us options when it came to play something other than SF and still have our fill of fighting genre.

Some games grow and some don't, I'm just happy that SNK is still bringing games to the US. Granted I'm confused as to why choose this title over the newer more commercial titles to push the SNK status in que.

I approve of this post.

AOF1>*

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
electricgrave said:

Well Said electricgrave :)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Street figher never came to my one stoplight town with one pizza place with one cab.

We DID HAVE Fatal Fury1&2, AOF, WH 1&2 and finnaly Samurai Shodown I.

What fun.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
norton9478 said:
Street figher never came to my one stoplight town with one pizza place with one cab.

What fun.

I know what you mean. All I have ever seen here in Meridian my hometown, was pretty much; SS 3, KOF 97, Metal Slug 1 and Last Blade 1. Man I remember seeing Last Blade 1 for the first time right when it came out on arcade. I was like SS what?????? Whatever, "This game rocks ass in a box!!!". I said it to the dude playing the hell out of Killer Instinct 2 next to me. I didn't care how weird he looked at me, he was just clueless.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
norton9478 said:

What fun.

MVS FTMFW!!

What a line-up. Straight old skool fighting bliss.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I might pick this up just for the cover art.

Other than that, im still dissappointed on no XI and NGBC news.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Yeah those are two games they really need to get over here! They seem to just be releasing old stuff in anthologies and for download (new stuff coming to gametap, wii etc)

So is AOFA out yet? The SNK site doesn't say so and I can't find it anywhere for sale

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I picked this up last night. Man what a trip back in time as far as AOF1. Wow I forgot how huge those sprites were!

I cant wait to get into AOF3. The animation is amazing!

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
do they make art of fighting 2 a little easier to play or is it still the same difficulty level .???

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
rugal2000 said:
do they make art of fighting 2 a little easier to play or is it still the same difficulty level .???
It seems easier, I could actually win a few fights, the game is beyond stiff though, definitely didn't age well at all.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
It seems easier, I could actually win a few fights, the game is beyond stiff though, definitely didn't age well at all.
You know...I actually have nothing against you, you're allways quite pleaseant and all, but this crapcom love has to go man.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I didnt notice anything different till Loopz brought up something.

AOF 1 has the english vocal added to the intro...the MVS cart is in Japanese but with English subs. Was that from the AOF CD version?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
You know...I actually have nothing against you, you're allways quite pleaseant and all, but this crapcom love has to go man.

:lol:

ikariwarriorf22

New Challenger
Art Of Fighting Anthology

JD Otaku, Art Of Fighting Anthology is not new. I ordered it online, since it came out last year and is hard to find. King Of Fighters XI arrives today 10/24, while Neo Geo Battle Colliseum gets its US release on 11/14/07.

In 2008 SNK's Arcade Classics Vol 1 (hopefully Ikari Warriors will be included.)
Samurai Showdown Anthology, and King Of Fghters 98 and hopefully KOF XII will come stateside.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
no crapcom love, I just dig Street Fighter but not Art of Fighting. I think that's fair.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
no crapcom love, I just dig Street Fighter but not Art of Fighting. I think that's fair.
OK here's a thing I heard once and is actually quite relevant to your like/dislike escenario. It might start some shit, so here it goes...AOF was design by the guys that made street fighter.

I'm not sure where I heard this, but it was a long time ago, although there are some very strong similarities that go beyond move sets and character designs more towards plots and personalities.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
OK here's a thing I heard once and is actually quite relevant to your like/dislike escenario. It might start some shit, so here it goes...AOF was design by the guys that made street fighter.

I'm not sure where I heard this, but it was a long time ago, although there are some very strong similarities that go beyond move sets and character designs more towards plots and personalities.
it's common knowledge that piston takashi and finish hiroshi left Capcom after making Street Fighter I, then worked on art of fighting.

the similarities between AOF and SF1 in the way the characters move are more than coincidence; sf1 has more in common with aof1 than it does with sf2.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
it's common knowledge that piston takashi and finish hiroshi left Capcom after making Street Fighter I, then worked on art of fighting.

the similarities between AOF and SF1 in the way the characters move are more than coincidence; sf1 has more in common with aof1 than it does with sf2.
OK point taken, however what about the whole Takuma/Akuma deal, and then you have the rich boys Robarth and Ken, plus the Spirit gauge that started with AOF and was reaweakend in SSF2T, and plot man, plot!

Ryu/Ryo are similar in very little, but although Ryu is the center of all the SF universe, it never felt that way with Ryo, perhaps it could be because of better character development in the AOF series, I mean aside from the horrible filler character design AOF has a better story, plus it intertwines with Fatal Fury.

SNK's universe is just way better than Crapcom's universe.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
OK point taken, however what about the whole Takuma/Akuma deal, and then you have the rich boys Robarth and Ken, plus the Spirit gauge that started with AOF and was reaweakend in SSF2T, and plot man, plot!

Ryu/Ryo are similar in very little, but although Ryu is the center of all the SF universe, it never felt that way with Ryo, perhaps it could be because of better character development in the AOF series, I mean aside from the horrible filler character design AOF has a better story, plus it intertwines with Fatal Fury.

SNK's universe is just way better than Crapcom's universe.
but I actually enjoy playing Street Fighter 2
Art of Fightings gameplay suffers from rigamortis.
Except for 3, but in that game only 3 characters don't look like a complete joke.