Art of Fighting Anthology

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
but I actually enjoy playing Street Fighter 2
Art of Fightings gameplay suffers from rigamortis.
Except for 3, but in that game only 3 characters don't look like a complete joke.
...and this is why you'll never get the concept, but I will give you this; SF2 is a game for anyone, hell most crapcom's games are and that's a good thing...sort of. SNK's games are just in an entire different level period.

I'm not here trying to point fingers or anything, is all about SNK for me, I like SSF2T in fact is one of my favorite games of all time, but I do not get the rush I get from playing any AOF game, I don't know what to tell you, I guess is hard to explain or understand.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
E=MC2 said:
ive got swap magic but so what. one of the worst series ever from snk (along with wh) is being released on ps2. only one worth playing is 3 and even that ones just mediocre to good.

3 is good but 2 is a neo clasic.:emb:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
art of fighting 2 is one of the best neo games out there. it's highly under rated but true neo players would know that it's up there with fatal fury speacial. two oldschool neo clasics art of fighting 2 and fatal fury special.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I like 2 but I really love 3.

I think FFS is better than AOF2 but I think AOF3 is better than FF3.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I cannot find this game in any of the local stores.

I really want this game!

GAMEFAN

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Gamefan said:

I really want this game!

GAMEFAN

I picked one up at the local Toys R Us for 14.99, in fact it is available from Toys R Us online as well as Neo Geo Battle Colliseum and if you spend 50 bucks you get a Jumbo Lounging Elmo for 7.99! :lol: and then there's always Ebay.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
...and this is why you'll never get the concept, but I will give you this; SF2 is a game for anyone, hell most crapcom's games are and that's a good thing...sort of. SNK's games are just in an entire different level period.

I'm not here trying to point fingers or anything, is all about SNK for me, I like SSF2T in fact is one of my favorite games of all time, but I do not get the rush I get from playing any AOF game, I don't know what to tell you, I guess is hard to explain or understand.
and that is fine. I feel what your saying about certain SNK titles, but AOF just could never grab me, but I did definitely buy anthology.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Just a heads up, I saw AoF Anthology mixed in with the other value games at K-Mart. My jaw literally dropped: that shitheap is the absolute LAST place I'd expect to find a Neo Geo compilation disc.

But anyway, it's at K-Mart. Anyone in Minneapolis, I can tell you specifically where via PM.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Gamefan said:

I really want this game!

GAMEFAN
You're just having bad luck. I see it all over the place here. I'd be more than happy to pick up a copy and ship it to you, if you are unable to lay hands on it. Though in that case it'd be just as easy for you to get it from any online retailer.

Max

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Ok now someone just said art of fighting 2 is a real classic up there with fatal fury special.

Now I want this settled once and for all.

I beleive art of fighting 2 to be a joke. To this day its my biggest neo geo disapointment. I loved art of fighting 1 and back in the day (1996)
I was very excited when i learnt computer exchange in Harrow had a aes copy for £35. I drove all the way there and got back home to play it. The anticipation was unparalled. and than I looked at the amazing graphics and was in awe. I played it 3-4 times and kept getting beat easily. I figured it was just first time bad luck. But 11 years later I still havent got around this games on the one hand super difficulty and on the other cheap and crap gameplay where often 1 move can win entire fights. (eg try jabbing non stop with mickey and it beats your first 4-5 opponents).

Fatal fury special though is a classic, of well balanced gameplay.

So tell me what IM doing wrong what is the deal with art of fighting 2. Am a just a lousy player? (bearing in mind I have beaten art of fighting 1 and 3 with no continues.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
AOF2 is just hard as balls , there you go

it can be done though, just like any other title.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
MilkManX said:
LOL. Its just my opinion man. Now I wouldnt say that AOF3 is better than RBS or RB2,but maybe better than just Real Bout.

I don't think any ones actualy played realbout. it's a neo clasic, even more than realbout special[im not saying the game play is better, that's just left up to opinion]. besides the grafics and the lack of some charictores , realbout and realbout special are basicly the same game. the legandry realbout is so under rated.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I stopped in my local Toys R Us this morning and picked up the AOF Anthology for 15 bucks!

Very nice presentation overall.

GAMEFAN

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
rugal2000 said:
Ok now someone just said art of fighting 2 is a real classic up there with fatal fury special.

Now I want this settled once and for all.

I beleive art of fighting 2 to be a joke. To this day its my biggest neo geo disapointment. I loved art of fighting 1 and back in the day (1996)
I was very excited when i learnt computer exchange in Harrow had a aes copy for £35. I drove all the way there and got back home to play it. The anticipation was unparalled. and than I looked at the amazing graphics and was in awe. I played it 3-4 times and kept getting beat easily. I figured it was just first time bad luck. But 11 years later I still havent got around this games on the one hand super difficulty and on the other cheap and crap gameplay where often 1 move can win entire fights. (eg try jabbing non stop with mickey and it beats your first 4-5 opponents).

Fatal fury special though is a classic, of well balanced gameplay.

So tell me what IM doing wrong what is the deal with art of fighting 2. Am a just a lousy player? (bearing in mind I have beaten art of fighting 1 and 3 with no continues.

Anybody here will tell you that I hold FFSpecial as the best Neo Geo game period. The thing is that like you said you can't play AOF2 for shit, however there's people out there that get the idea and can play it extremely well, so is it you? Well...defenately so.

Please do not et me wrong I'm not flaming, and just so I don't leave you without some advice I say go back to basics and play this game without the basic fighting game mentality, there's a bit more to it than that, lost of strategy and patterns, oh and throws make a hughe part of the equation in this game.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Wow $9.99 in the under $20.00 bin at Circuit City. Too bad I can't find a reason to buy it when I own all 3 on the AES. Is there anything added or different for the release?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
SNKNostalgia said:
Wow $9.99 in the under $20.00 bin at Circuit City. Too bad I can't find a reason to buy it when I own all 3 on the AES. Is there anything added or different for the release?
Color edit for sprites and AST.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Arranged Soundtrack??? I figured it would just be OST only. In that case, not bad at all to end up with a copy of this. Beats the hell out of loading it up on the Neo CD versions with AOF 3 especially.

Does the Fatal Fury Collection also have AST for the PS2?

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
The original AOF is one of the first SNK games I played in the arcade, and enjoyed it much more than SF2 at the time.

AOF has so many memories for me, and it still ranks at the top of the 3 in the series. Huge sprites, zoom, best music at the time. It stands as one of the most significant advances in fighting games for its time.

Compare it to SF2?

ManoRevolver

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I picked up a PAL version of the Anthology today but it has no booklet???
Store says it doesnt have one. Is this true? I can hardly believe that.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
ManoRevolver said:
I picked up a PAL version of the Anthology today but it has no booklet???
Store says it doesnt have one. Is this true? I can hardly believe that.

The US version has a book and so did the Japanese release.

ManoRevolver

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the reply.
I've send an email to Ignition, hopefully I'm getting an answer soon.
Store says they received them this way in the seal, the guy remembers it because he opened them and thought it was odd there was no booklet.
*sigh*
:upf: :up: :upb: :hcb: :qcb: :hcf: :dragb: :C: :angry: