ATLUS to release King of Fighters XIII this holiday season

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
I just got an email from ATLUS saying they're releasing KoF XIII this Winter. Thank fucking god.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If this is a dirty trick, I will revisit vengeance upon the purveyors of such filthy lies a thousandfold.

If this is for realz, I'll hire a bard to heap praises and songs of legendry upon Atuls.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
ATLUS was already awesome before this decision, but now they are to gamers as Jesus is to crazy people. Now lets just pray the net code offers up what we demand.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hopefully. If Arcana Heart 3 is of any indication.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Very good news indeed.
ATLUS was already awesome before this decision, but now they are to gamers as Jesus is to crazy people. Now lets just pray the net code offers up what we demand.

I agree. Niche though they may be I feel atlus is really earning it's place amongst publishers, and I really respect the efforts they make. Similarly I've always hoped FROM gets the recognition they deserve.

I wonder what the slow delivery was all about - waiting for MK and SF to show their hands, or discussions between atlus/ignition/snk ... Either way if snk can just outsource more via atlus I can only feel that's best for a company that seems to have to really fight to get things done. But, back on topic, this is good news indeed.

Last edited:

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's quite funny this information comes right now, i've just finished a comparative on my websit, look on the lastest news: http://www.neogeokult.com/

Atlus always have been a good editor, no surprise they come up now!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I woke up this morning and thought again about this development. Atlus releasing KOF XIII in late October.

I was still very satisfied about it. A great feeling. I honestly believe this game will live up to my expectations and my needs. After seeing everything online about it, I'm confident it will the precise tonic I've been craving for some time.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
Maybe the game will be so good it'll worm it's way into the mainstream and we'll get a Capcom vs SNK 3 down the road. Bah, nevermind.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Very good news indeed.

I agree. Niche though they may be I feel atlus is really earning it's place amongst publishers, and I really respect the efforts they make. Similarly I've always hoped FROM gets the recognition they deserve.

I wonder what the slow delivery was all about - waiting for MK and SF to show their hands, or discussions between atlus/ignition/snk ... Either way if snk can just outsource more via atlus I can only feel that's best for a company that seems to have to really fight to get things done. But, back on topic, this is good news indeed.

Through the grapevine word leaked that they were waiting on a release date for SSFIVAE so they could release a couple months later as not to compete. I just hope this announcement does not get lost in the E3 din.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Hell yes! Duke Nukem Forever and KOF XIII in the same year? Must be dreaming. I believed in XII and XIII will rock even more

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
The more promising thing about this is the idea for the console release is to be as accurate as the arcade variant. I'm still going to wait to see if it's a bomb like XII was before I go and blow 50 bucks.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I honestly believe this game will live up to my expectations and my needs. After seeing everything online about it, I'm confident it will the precise tonic I've been craving for some time.

this to the ^nth power.

XIII is the game to pump up my jam.

I love STGs & all ( the most, actually) but Fighters are a close 2nd. I like XII. I'm prepared to *adore* XIII.

Last edited:

Clessy

Banned
Whats werid to me is SNK doesnt seem to be handling anything about the games porting at all and the games arent confirmed for Japan.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
About damn time.

This is the best game related news that I have heard this year.
Despite it shortcomings I loved KOF XII for the balls out re-boot that it is. So i'm probably going to be infatuated with XIII.

I will say that the topic of included content and modes is a concern but off the top of my head there are a few that I consider "must have" that need to be included:

- 1 on 1 mode: just like in all the other KOF's (accept 94) this was omited from XII.

- Sellectable zoom aspect ratio: the "camera" got pulled back a bit for XIII but I did kind of like the zommed, AOF 3 ratio they had going in KOF XIII so I would like to see that as a selactable option in the menu.

- KOF XII backrounds selectable in XIII: I know it is a bit of a long shot but XIII is still sparse on BG's so it would be tops to have XII's (and thier matching BGM) thrown in to compensate.

An extra character or two thrown in exclusively for the home port would not hurt either but I won't get picky.
In the end, so long as we get a 100% solid "port" with rocksolid net code then i'm sure most will be happy.

This is one title that deserves my support at full list/MSRP on day of release.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Good deal, Atlus does a good job with their games.
I wonder if they're going to do anything special for this.

MrSlug

n00b
Definitely looking forward to this. Like others said XII was simply far too incomplete.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is there gonna be a pal release for this on 360 as i aint got a ps3 stick ?