Batman: Arkham Knight

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you were one of the ones who were lucky to pre-order the Batmobile edition of Arkham Knight that sold out immediately.....

Batman's Big Collector's Edition Cancelled At Last Minute

Luke Plunkett

Filed to: BATMAN 6/17/15 6:50pm

Batman's Big Collector's Edition Cancelled At Last Minute

Retailers across the US, Europe and Australia are informing customers today that the Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition has been cancelled. The game itself is due out next week, so this is pretty late notice!

This collector’s edition was supposed to include a copy of the game, some skins, an artbook, a comic and a statue of Arkham Knight’s version of the Batmobile.

It’s that last item—built by Project Triforce—that’s the problem, Warner Bros. saying in a statment:

Dear Batman: Arkham Fans,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to release the Batmobile Collector’s Edition of Batman: Arkham Knight due to unforeseen circumstances that greatly compromised the quality of this extremely limited run of product. We are deeply apologetic for this unfortunate outcome. If you did pre-order the Batmobile Collector’s Edition, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the product and you will receive a full refund of your deposit or it can be rolled over to another Batman: Arkham Knight edition or another product of your choice. We will be providing everyone who purchases Batman: Arkham Knight with the New 52 skin pack, including Batman, Robin and Nightwing, free of charge.

We’ve contacted the manufacturer of the Batmobiles for comment.

Those who had ordered pack are having their purchases refunded, and they can now buy either the standard edition or a lesser collector’s edition.

Here’s a copy of the email sent to Amazon customers:

Hello,

We’re contacting you about your pre-order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX for Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition - PlayStation 4. We recently learned this item will no longer be released by the manufacturer as expected. As a result, we canceled your order and you have not been charged. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

Substitute items are available under different item numbers. To place a new order for the substitute item, you can visit the product detail page here:

Batman: Arkham Knight - PS4 (Standard Edition) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

Batman: Arkham Knight - Xbox One (Standard Edition) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

Batman: Arkham Knight - The Serious Edition (Comic Bundle) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

Batman: Arkham Knight - The Serious Edition (Comic Bundle) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

To help make up for the inconvenience, we’re giving you a $20 promotional credit. You can redeem this promotional credit by entering in the code below during checkout:

XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX

This promotional code will expire on September 30, 2015.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com
In further Batman pre-release news, it’s also been revealed that the game’s “exclusive” pre-order content won’t actually be “exclusive” to preorder customers at all.

Throughout the 6 months of additional Batman: Arkham Knight content, Premium and Season Pass owners will receive all in-game content that is offered through various retail pre-order incentives. This includes the Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story Packs, as well as any Batmobile or Booster Pack that was available as early bonuses for pre-order of the game. For those who did not receive the content with their game, these items will become available when their respective exclusivity windows expire in August/September.

The tl;dr version of this is: Premium Edition & Season Pass owners will receive all retail exclusive DLC after their respective early access periods expire.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Game looks pretty fantastic - maybe i'll end up getting this soon after all (as opposed to waiting for a GOTY edition).

I never played Origins, but I assume I am not missing much.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
They should make a game based on the sixties batman while Adam West and Burt Ward are still alive.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Ugh, it's going to be a long day of work today.

Can't...stand...the wait.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Might want to wait for the PC version to get optimized.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I was sold when I heard Rocksteady Studios was going to be doing it, can't wait for the PC release. Rocksteady does a great job!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Was going to play this last night on steam but there was some ridiculous one hour update. Maybe I'll mess around with it this weekend.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The game is pretty amazing so far. They have added a bunch of new stuff with the combat, silent takedowns, upgrade options, interaction with the environment, and of course the Batmobile adds a lot to how the whole game plays. The game engine runs even smoother and faster than the previous games, looks better of course, and there's no image tearing at all. The overall look of the graphics isn't as next gen as most would hope, but still looks damn good. The story so far is very enjoyable with the scarecrow up to 10% completion. So yeah, this kinda blows away the previous batman games.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Might want to wait for the PC version to get optimized.

No kidding. Even with SLI'd 690s, an i7 and 32GB of RAM, I was averaging sub 30 fps on max settings, with occasional dips into the teens.

...then I got into the Batmobile...oh lord...single digits 0_0!

Had to stop playing, switched to PS4. I'll see how that goes after the near 4GB update finishes.

Magician

20 Year Member
Game is indeed amazing. Graphics are a step up from AC. The world is twice...maybe two-thirds larger than AC's world. Lots of weather and lighting effects. Combat is still buttery smooth and you've got a sweet ride on speed dial.

It's Arkham City all over again only more.

The Witcher III has some GotY competition here.

And we still get Fallout 4 and MGS V before Thanksgiving? Fuckin' awesome year!

Magician

20 Year Member
It's a tank with a rocket engine strapped to its back, it's suppose to handle like shit.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I only have beaten the first game (Arkham Asylum). This game looks sweet but I need to get it going and play the others in the series.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Batman: Arkham Knight Voluntarily Being Taken Off Steam Until Fixed

After a string of reports about PC performance issues, Batman: Arkham Knight is being taken off the Steam store temporarily. The news was posted on Steam today by Gary Lake-Schaal, VP of Game Technology at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In it, he apologises for the performance issues being experienced by owners of the PC version of the game and states that future game sales will be suspended while they work out the problems. The same post was also made on the official Warner Bros. forums. GameSpot reached out to Warner Bros. who has confirmed the authenticity of the post.

The post opens with:

>"We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall"

Players are also reminded that they can flag issues they are experiencing in the game with Warner Bros. customer support. Refunds can also be requested via Steam or at the retailer where the game was purchased.

Earlier today it was reported that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight was carrying a number of prominent bugs and glitches, especially for players who were using AMD graphics cards. Developer Rocksteady has released a statement in response to this, stating: "We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible."

Magician

20 Year Member
Good olde "optimized for consoles" strikes again.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Good olde "optimized for consoles" strikes again.

This.

This game you bought won't work because you have different hardware than what we developed the game on/for. Your game is useless and unplayable until we decide to fix the issue.

lol "Master Race"

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I was doing a average of 55fps on everything set at high. I didn't notice any issues.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Looks like Rocksteady was focusing on the consoles and hired another dev to do the PC port. Sad considering both xbox one and PS4 are x86 architecture.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well fuck let's complaint about games made for a console and ported to a PC, yay! PCs are meant for one type of gaming only...Unreal Tournament, Q3A and Emulation, everything else sucks.