Batman: Arkham Knight

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
RockSteady just announced their new Batman game.

P.S. - the new Batmobile looks boss.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Haven't played the new one yet. I like trailers but I need gameplay footy.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Glad its Rocksteady again and not those other fools.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
while this could be good, i can't help but feel they're killing this series.... if they start doing yearly releases its going to get old quick... hell i still haven't finished the last one after absolutely loving the first 2

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I guess they'll be doing the same as Activision and Ubisoft to make this a yearly thing. I guess that's why the last game wasn't made by Rocksteady and how this has a 2014 release. Looks great, but I'm wondering what kind of story there is to tell; I hope it doesn't revolve around Two-Face. His presence was negligible in previous entries, and he was easily taken care of at that, so it just wouldn't feel right if he took front and center as the villain of the game.
There are still alot of fresh things that could be done with this game, and the series as a whole. The idea of actually reforming one of these villains is interesting, like Harley for example. I'm interested to see what is done with it with Rocksteady at the helm again. I am worried though that if it is in fact WB's plan to make this a yearly thing, that I may have to write off every other entry; Arkham Origins was a very bland and broken game.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
As long as Warner Brothers Games Montréal is staying out of this, we should be ok.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I love they finally added the batmobile, love that Rocksteady is back on, but hate that it is next gen only. Oh well one reason for me to get a PS4.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I love that it's next gen only. I want them to take advantage of the new consoles power, not be hampered by nearly decade old hardware. I guess I'm just really over the 360/PS3 at this point. As much fun as I had with them, it's time to move on.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Rocksteady REALLY need to take a breather to make a sequel to Urban Chaos: Riot Response!

Nick Mason of T-Zero deserves a rightful return. After all, the 'Burners' threatened to "kill his fucking family". And, we can't let that happen now, can we?...

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I love that it's next gen only. I want them to take advantage of the new consoles power, not be hampered by nearly decade old hardware. I guess I'm just really over the 360/PS3 at this point. As much fun as I had with them, it's time to move on.

Damn, it really has been that long, hasn't it?

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
while this could be good, i can't help but feel they're killing this series.... if they start doing yearly releases its going to get old quick... hell i still haven't finished the last one after absolutely loving the first 2

Yeah, I'm worried they're going to ride this franchise into the ground like a lot of other companies do. We used to have to wait years for sequels. I sort of miss the build-up and anticipation of waiting a long time for the next game in a series. It also gave you time to appreciate the previous game a little more.

Or, I could just be old and crotchety...

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

Arkham Knight has been delayed into 2015.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Looks like a few people got there wish of not turning into a yearly thing, and better to be delayed then be a bad game, which reminds me really have to finish Batman brave and the bold.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump, less than three weeks away.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I only gave this series a shot because enough of you old bastards listed it on a "most fun you ever had on a first time play through" thread. Arkham asylum was easily the most enthralled I've ever been on a first time though.

Origins... -sigh- all y'all said it was horrible, but "how bad can it be?!" I thought. The art direction was so pitiful... I felt bad for the guy who had to design the new riddler trophies and side mission. Still haven't finished it because its a shit game.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm waiting a year for the GOTY edition. Fuck Rocksteady, Warner Brothers and their $40 season pass with significant game content that they worked on during the development cycle of the main title.

Makes me wonder why the launch date of this title got pushed back a couple of times.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Arkham Asylum got pushed back several times and became one of the best games of the previous generation.

That said, I'll likely be waiting til a GOTY edition as well. I'm done buying incomplete games.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Arkham Asylum got pushed back several times and became one of the best games of the previous generation.

That said, I'll likely be waiting til a GOTY edition as well. I'm done buying incomplete games.

My objection to this game being pushed back has nothing to do with improving quality. I suspect it has more to do with the season pass DLC that they were working on while also developing the main game.

GOTY edition. I'll gladly pay $60. For the WHOLE game in this case.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm waiting a year for the GOTY edition. Fuck Rocksteady, Warner Brothers and their $40 season pass with significant game content that they worked on during the development cycle of the main title.

Makes me wonder why the launch date of this title got pushed back a couple of times.

$40 season pass? what the hell, I thought those were supposed to be $20.

Actually, now that I think about it I am pretty sure the MKX season pass was $30...and that is a WB game too.

Yuck

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I got in on the LE that comes with the statue before Amazon sold out

I don't buy season passes and I generally wait for dlc sales or whenever I feel like getting it if I really really digs it

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I plan on getting this on the PC and PS4. The PC version as NVIDIA has boosted the visuals with its Gameworks.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Getting it on PS4 with the arkham knight console.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just snagged a free game card yesterday. Playing a new [Rocksteady] Batman game is sweet, but getting it for free is even sweeter :D

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Getting it for PS4,dlc is bs but i'll wait for a sale on that.