BEST FIGHTER on the NGP/NGPC

What do you think is the best fighter on the NGPC or NGP?

• Fatal Fury

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Gals Fighters

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • King of Fighters R-1

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • King of Fighters R-2

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Last Blade

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Match of the Millenium

Votes: 185 61.5%
  • Samurai Shodown!

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Samurai Shodown! 2

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The one I play most right now is SS! on survival mode. I love the animation, characters and backgrounds, I only wish it weren't so easy. It's almost impossible to lose a round even on the highest settings. Which is why I only play it in Survival now. If it had better AI the game would be about perfect. How is the AI in SS!2? Any better...?

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
The only two fighters you will ever need for the NGPC are Match Of The Millenium and Gals Fighters. All of the others are good in their own way... but these two definitely get the top votes in my book.

I'd still love to see graphically enhanced, tweaked arcade versions of these games.

Stitch Faced Angel

Quiz Detective
Last Blade

Last Blade. It will always hold a place in my heart. I am STILL unlocking things in it. Faselei is 2nd, with MOTM in 3rd.

RENT-A-HERO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I voted for SvC: Match of the millenium, because Snk+Capcom= :buttrock:

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Well, I voted MOTM. Such a great game.

The best fighters for the pocket are MOTM, Last Blade and R-1.

The engines for FF and even sam sho 2 are too damn primitive.

I still hav not played gals fighters and sam sho 1 (which I can't wait to play as it is translation of sam sho 4).

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
Kumavnmitsurugi said:
Last blade...deepest fighter and hardest to master

For overal lastability Last Blade is a great title, in some way better than MOTM.
MOTM is kinda the best in a sense due to having Capcom vs SNK (Well duh..)
But gal fighters just is the coolest pocket game, I cant explain why maybe its the stages or music or god dammit even lil yuki i dont know.
I just like it more..

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
somebody must have voted and bumped this old thread. Fuck it, let's talk about the NGPC. For the past month, I've been playing only SamSho! and First Contact.

SS! is a great game and might have even been my favorite of all, except for one thing...needs better AI. You can easilly breeze through it on the hardest setting without losing a round. Other than that, it's a perfect game. Good roster -- I choose 1 over 2 just for having Shizumaru (I wish Basara was playable instead of Shiki, though), hillarious Looney Toons style animations for when you fall from a great height and smash flat on the ground, etc., great music, great aesthetic (like the opening of the game depending on the NGPC's internal calendar...snowflakes in Winter, falling cherry blossom leaves in Spring).

Great game. Not perfect, but close. The game would be fun as hell with 2 players.

Best 3 are :

1) Match of millenium ( great bonus games, lots of fighters, too easy )
2) SS1 ( way better then SS2 - very playable & fun )
3) Last Blade ( lots of bonus, harder the the rest ngpc fighters )

if there where no MoM, I would add Fatal Fury 1st Contact. -
Gals Fighters is great too - its the "fastest" fighters for NGPC

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
I haven't get the opportunity to play The Last Blade but so far I vote for MOTM. :buttrock:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
wasabi said:
cth, I already explained you how to make it so MotM won't lag in link mode, but you won't listen.
You decided you didn't like the game, so be it, I can't do anything about it. :p
Oooh, my old messages show like they got posted by wasabi, since my accounts got deleted. Like he'd say such clever stuff and all... That's a step in the right direction to look better though.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Match of the Millenium

...just too bad the NGPC died an early death. :oh_no:

GK

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
I was just playing Last Blade on my NGPC Slimline last night, after using my PSP. That game is really good.

I think LB is overall the best fighter on NGPC.

But MOTM is overall the best package, because the minigames are nice to have.

But almost all NGPC games are high quality, it has a very high signal to noise ratio in terms of library quality. If only NGPC had lasted another 2 years... all I want is a backlit version and another 20 - 30 games. *sigh*

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
MOTM

Hands down Match of the Millenium wins! Yay!!! Anyways I kinda miss my game because one of my brothers so called friends stole it! Tell me guys what should I do? :shame:

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Pocketgamer said:
Hands down Match of the Millenium wins! Yay!!! Anyways I kinda miss my game because one of my brothers so called friends stole it! Tell me guys what should I do? :shame:

Well I have an extra copy here, just comes with the plastic case though. Got it back when I bought a pack of games to get Last Blade. It's in perfect condition.

If you'd like it I'll sell it for $14 shipped. Paypal. PM if you want it.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
c.t.h said:
motm is a crappy game

the minigames make up for it tho

otherwise its slow and uninspired

second worse to only fatal fury

Don't blame the game if your lame! MOTM is so awesome that just one mini game is better than any other fighting game for the NGPC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smirk:

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Diggerman said:
Well I have an extra copy here, just comes with the plastic case though. Got it back when I bought a pack of games to get Last Blade. It's in perfect condition.

If you'd like it I'll sell it for $14 shipped. Paypal. PM if you want it.

We'll if you offered me the UK version complete I would bite! but other than that just thanx for the offer. :)

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Pocketgamer said:
We'll if you offered me the UK version complete I would bite! but other than that just thanx for the offer. :)
I've got a complete UK version for sale. However, since I'm from Europe, and considering how low the dollar is at the moment, it wouldn't be a good deal for you.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Fav NGPC Fighter

Hey everyone listen we have already spoken, The best fighter is MOTM NOW STOP POSTING!!! FEEKERS

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
lol... This poll has been made 2 years ago. Now you just voted a few days ago, so it should now be closed after all this time because you decided so ? Riiiiiiight...

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I've yet to play KoF R-1, I'll eventually play R-2.
Gals Fighters
SamSho 1