BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I’ll be interested to see what happens when you get to episode 8.

I’ll I will say is it’s clear they want a second seasons. This doesn’t seem to be a one and done, though given the nature of the show I can’t see it being sustainable for more than 2-3 seasons.
Saw 5 & 6 last night, and we'll watch the final two tonight. For me, it's still teetering on the knife's edge. I enjoy the characters for the most part, but I am starting to lose patience with characters not being honest with each other well beyond the point it's believable they wouldn't be. Like the old tv cliche where purely for the sake of drama, one sentence that would be enough to easily avoid 4 episodes of misunderstanding and conflict goes unsaid.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I take back what I said earlier about Bosch Legacy. I'm all caught up and it's fucking awful. It should be about Bosch's new PI stuff which would be awesome because now that he's not a cop he has way more latitude to get shit done. But instead it's about his awful, awful daughter. What a waste.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I definitely didn’t like the direction it went at the end of Ep 10 regarding his daughter, but otherwise I don’t mind the stuff with his daughter.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Early returns on Stranger Things 4... fun but a little cloying with some of the older cast in particular. Natalia Dyer looks weird as hell, can't quite put my finger on why but she does. Matarazzo and Hawke steal pretty much every scene they're in. Episodes don't need to be so damn long.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Isn’t the black kid like 20+ now? lol. He was 16 years old in the first season.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Isn’t the black kid like 20+ now? lol. He was 16 years old in the first season.
Sadie Sink and (occasionally) Millie BB are the only two in the cast that look remotely young still. Every male actor is like legit six feet plus now. Keery, Heaton, and the basketball captain are all pushing thirty and look like it.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Dude you ruined yourself with all that Dune bullshit, no one is ever going to listen to you again.

• Haha
Reactions: wyo

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dude you ruined yourself with all that Dune bullshit, no one is ever going to listen to you again.
He's right in this case. It's good. There are enough other people here who agree that you can take him out of the equation.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Okay I'm about halfway through ST 4 doing a solid job building to Jane going f'ing Carrie on the rest of her class before it's over. Bad guy a step up from Mindflayer but still somehow whole still less than the sum of the parts.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
ObiWan Ep 1 and 2.

Not Mando level, but also not Boba Fett level. Middle ground.

Anyone think that might have been Rex? I wanna say it was Rex.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
ObiWan Ep 1 and 2.

Not Mando level, but also not Boba Fett level. Middle ground.

Anyone think that might have been Rex? I wanna say it was Rex.
No chance. Rex was likely on the planet we first see him on in Rebels with Wolfe and Gregor at this point. And Rex believes Obi-Wan to be dead in Rebels, having been told as much by Bail Organa. Nobody knows otherwise until Ezra shows up on Tattooine.

And he gives no visible reaction to Obi-Wan. He'd definitely recognize him.

Rex is almost definitely going to debut in live action on Ahsoka's show. That would make the most sense.

If we see Morrison back on Obi-Wan, my money is on him playing Cody.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Early returns on Stranger Things 4... fun but a little cloying with some of the older cast in particular. Natalia Dyer looks weird as hell, can't quite put my finger on why but she does. Matarazzo and Hawke steal pretty much every scene they're in. Episodes don't need to be so damn long.
I’m really enjoying this season, especially the Hopper badassery. Watching episode 4 right now and I think it’s my favorite so far this season.

Love the Victor Creer reveal since he’s the inspiration for the season.

Episodes are a little too long that’s for sure.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Is Stranger Things even any good? The first season was cute, but I gave up on the series after the complete letdown of season 2. Did it rebound? Or is it still just more of the same?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Is Stranger Things even any good? The first season was cute, but I gave up on the series after the complete letdown of season 2. Did it rebound? Or is it still just more of the same?
It gets better but the first season is still the best. The kids get older so there's a lot of teen romance drama bullshit added into the mix. Fortunately sheriff Hopper gets more screen time which helps balance things out. It gets bigger and weirder but the pacing is solid so it's doesn't get bogged down too much. They know which characters are the strongest and play to that and also add in a decent amount of humor as well. It's a mixed bag but the good outweighs the bad. It's a good show but it's not as amazing as some people say. If it had just been that first season and ended there it would have been a classic but they do at least seem to have a plan so it's doesn't feel like they're just making it up as they go.

Your mileage may vary but I think it's worth watching.

I'm 3 episodes into season 4 and I'm enjoying it but holy shit is there a lot going on now that they've essentially split the cast into 4 separate groups.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Who is Rex?
It's enjoyable, so you'll definitely hate it.

I'd say he can skip it. Season 3 it gets really campy, and it's a bit of nostalgic fan service. I liked it though.

The Steve and Dustin duo from S3 was great.

Reactions: jro

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Also it's kind of refreshing in a way to see such completely over the top bullying and preppy/jock superiority. Karate Kid level classic evil 80s assholes. Kinda surprising that they went that hard considering todays climate.