Bruce Lee Anime - House of Lee

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Looks cool, didn't really give us an idea what it's about though.

I'm sure the Bruce Lee cult will consider this a documentary in 3 years and use it as proof he could beat the shit out of prime Mike Tyson and prime Muhammad Ali at the same time.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I'm sure the Bruce Lee cult will consider this a documentary in 3 years and use it as proof he could beat the shit out of prime Mike Tyson and prime Muhammad Ali at the same time.

Yeah, those types believe he was some sort of unstoppable god.

I still like Bruce and his movies and I think he's entertaining.

I could definitely kick his ass though.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, those types believe he was some sort of unstoppable god.

I still like Bruce and his movies and I think he's entertaining.

I could definitely kick his ass though.
Let's not get carried away.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

not at the same time, but he could beat them separately. hell, chuck norris admitted he woulda been blown the fuck up by bruce.

• keke
Reactions: wyo

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Do these people even exist aside from random youtuber commenters with questionable intelligence? Bruce Lee himself said in all interviews you can find he's getting the fuck out of any street and/or gun fight.

That annie may is definitely meh though, what's entertaining about Bruce Lee is his charisma and martial arts skills/choreography on-screen. The real Bruce Lee, not some cartoon donglord with exaggerated powers or whatever. Would you classify it as modern Brucesplotation? I would.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Do these people even exist aside from random youtuber commenters with questionable intelligence? Bruce Lee himself said in all interviews you can find he's getting the fuck out of any street and/or gun fight.
Yes. A huge chunk of people think Bruce could beat up UFC fighters, pro boxers, etc. They confuse Bruce's movies and his philosophy about fighting with real life fighting ability.

Bruce had 3 documented fights in his whole life. He got into a fight in the bathroom in grade school, and the teacher who broke it up made Bruce sign up for a boxing tournament. There was only one other kid in the tournament though, and Bruce won the fight by decision. Then Bruce moved to the US and got into a fight with Wong Jack Man. Bruce himself was so disgusted with his performance that it made him abandon his Wing Chun and seek out practical martial artists to train with like Chuck Norris, Judo Gene LeBell, Joe Lewis, etc. What he learned from them he developed into his own philosophy about fighting, Jeet Kune Do. But he only trained with those guys a few years before he died, and during that time he was still acting full time and for most of that time Bruce had a debilitating back injury from lifting weights with bad form.

Everything else we know about Bruce's fighting ability comes from what he wrote or said himself or what his close friends or business associates who maintain a financial interest in the legend of his ability say.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yes. A huge chunk of people think Bruce could beat up UFC fighters, pro boxers, etc. They confuse Bruce's movies and his philosophy about fighting with real life fighting ability.

Bruce had 3 documented fights in his whole life. He got into a fight in the bathroom in grade school, and the teacher who broke it up made Bruce sign up for a boxing tournament. There was only one other kid in the tournament though, and Bruce won the fight by decision. Then Bruce moved to the US and got into a fight with Wong Jack Man. Bruce himself was so disgusted with his performance that it made him abandon his Wing Chun and seek out practical martial artists to train with like Chuck Norris, Judo Gene LeBell, Joe Lewis, etc. What he learned from them he developed into his own philosophy about fighting, Jeet Kune Do. But he only trained with those guys a few years before he died, and during that time he was still acting full time and for most of that time Bruce had a debilitating back injury from lifting weights with bad form.

Everything else we know about Bruce's fighting ability comes from what he wrote or said himself or what his close friends or business associates who maintain a financial interest in the legend of his ability say.
let's see what objective data says.

welp, i guess the debate is over.

famicommander

15 Year Member
let's see what objective data says.

welp, i guess the debate is over.
That's not a very scientific video game simulation. They have Bruce being 20 pounds heavier and 14 years younger than Chuck, and only an inch shorter. They were the same age and Chuck was the much bigger man.

Who do I complain to about this?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
That's not a very scientific video game simulation. They have Bruce being 20 pounds heavier and 14 years younger than Chuck, and only an inch shorter. They were the same age and Chuck was the much bigger man.

Who do I complain to about this?
i've figured it all out on why this is very important to fami. in terms of height and weight, fami is relatively similar in size to chuck norris. he wants to think he can beat bruce lee. he has a need to be able to beat up a chinaman.

stop debating me. go to h-mart and start a fight.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I legitimately have no idea if I could beat Bruce or not.

I do, however, know that Chuck Norris would beat the dog shit out of Bruce and Chuck Norris would beat the dog shit out of me. High level black belts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Taekwondo, and Karate plus 6 point fighting world championships.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Unfortunately, we can never know. It's a shame. Bruce may have been a hidden gem of a fighter.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Unfortunately, we can never know. It's a shame. Bruce may have been a hidden gem of a fighter.
He was athletic and talented, there's no question about it, but you can't be a great fighter part-time. He was an actor, a writer, a husband, and a father. If he had dedicated himself to fighting instead of acting then there's no reason he couldn't have been good, but he didn't.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
He was athletic and talented, there's no question about it, but you can't be a great fighter part-time. He was an actor, a writer, a husband, and a father. If he had dedicated himself to fighting instead of acting then there's no reason he couldn't have been good, but he didn't.
wasn't chuck norris an actor, writer, husband, and father too?

spoiler: he was

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Unfortunately, we never got to see them go toe to toe, so like I was saying, we will never know for sure.

famicommander

15 Year Member
wasn't chuck norris an actor, writer, husband, and father too?
Chuck Norris was a martial artist and professional fighter who was dragged into acting after he became friends with Bruce Lee after Bruce started training at his dojo. Then he became a writer. But Chuck already had a black belt in Karate and a brown belt in Judo before he even got home from the Korean War.

Bruce was the total opposite. A child actor and son of a famous opera star who developed a martial arts hobby late in life.

Chuck was a good enough martial artist that people put up with his shit acting. Bruce was a great enough actor that people believed he was a real fighter.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Chuck Norris was a martial artist and professional fighter who was dragged into acting after he became friends with Bruce Lee after Bruce started training at his dojo. Then he became a writer.

Bruce was the total opposite. A child actor and son of a famous opera star who developed a martial arts hobby late in life.

Chuck was a good enough martial artist that people put up with his shit acting. Bruce was a great enough actor that people believed he was a real fighter.
oh...moving goalposts now are we?