Building a house

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Joes situation:

He's currently staying in a chicken coop.

He needs a better door so that he can get in and out of it easier, he got trapped inside the other day

He had to wait for the wallabies and wombats to come along and let him out

Maybe make his own wing too, you know the chickens live in one section and he lives in another

He also has a couple trees he spends considerable time in

The coop is more of a fall & winter place

Attachments

• image_JS5SoOVx_1701299484906_raw.jpg
    image_JS5SoOVx_1701299484906_raw.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image_cbvnjZJW_1701299460464_raw.jpg
    image_cbvnjZJW_1701299460464_raw.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Joe, if you're serious here, I'd like to point out that this is a forum dedicated to video games from the 1990s, and not carpentry or some other construction format. Surely, with the many resources of internet search engines these days, you can find the answer you seek.
Yes, but some people here seem to know what they're talking about, even on issues that aren't related to video games. Street level knowledge, down-to-earth knowledge, if you know what I mean- which is often hard to get just from reading internet articles about a particular subject.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yes, but some people here seem to know what they're talking about, even on issues that aren't related to video games. Street level knowledge, down-to-earth knowledge, if you know what I mean, which is often hard to get just from reading internet articles about a particular subject.
Joseph.

If you are asking us about building a house,

your

picture.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Yes, but some people here seem to know what they're talking about, even on issues that aren't related to video games. Street level knowledge, down-to-earth knowledge, if you know what I mean- which is often hard to get just from reading internet articles about a particular subject.
Building codes here in the States can vary from county to county and even have areas zoned within it for different types of structures and architecture.
Different regions have different houses made out of different materials and in different styles.
Who knows whats going on in Australia, maybe other Aussies....
Maybe tell us what type of climate it will be in and what kind of functionality you want it to serve.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Another alternative to a travel trailer is a tiny house on wheels they basically build the house on a flat deck And you can have it Towed and parked if you live in place like flood or hurricane area at lease you can move it .

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Fieldstone foundation, balloon framing, wide plank sheathing, cedar clapboard siding, slate roofing. Don't forget to use plaster and lathe instead of wallboard. That's how they built them in the 1800s and the house will be solid as a rock.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I looked it up and theres a particular popular style of Australian house called a queenslander. Looks pretty practical though suffers a bit on the curb appeal

1701398882925.png

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Can anyone comment on concrete blocks (cinder blocks) as a building material for a house?

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Yahweh's Sneakiest Little Jew
20 Year Member
Can anyone comment on concrete blocks (cinder blocks) as a building material for a house?

Or you could have stone pieces (with mortar) for the walls?

Shut the fuck up, Joe.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Concrete blocks are good. A lot of houses in the US are framed out of wood. If I was building a house I would use concrete or brick on the exterior. For the interior, wood + sheetrock vs solid walls depends on personal preference.