Car Enthusiast Thread

Nakoruru

Zero's Tailor
Picked up a new exhaust last weekend in Utica, put it on earlier this week. Corsa dual tip cat-back. Has a nice sound to it at full throttle, but cruises quiet. So far I'm liking it very much. Now all I have to get my hands on is a new downpipe and intake, and Stage 2 here I come!

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I'm installing the HID 8000K kit I bought... a month ago, for my FC, hahaha.

Pictures will be posted :)

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
birthday+cake.jpg

SSS

neo retired
ATTN TACOMA OWNERS.

Some scary stuff for anyone who owns a 95- early 00's model toyota tacoma. Toyota sent out a notice in march, but if you didn't get it essentially the frames are rusting away.

Finally got around to checking mine the other day, my frame rust perferation was so bad in certain areas I could poke holes in the frame with my finger. Especially the area around the front back left leaf spring joint. Just crumbling away. I'll post some pictures later. My otherwise perfect condition 150,000 mile Tacoma has now been deemed unsafe to drive, and I am waiting on a Toyota rep to come down and assess the vehicle. On the bright side, Toyota is voluntarily buying back Tacomas with this sort of damage at 1.5X kbb price rated as excellent regardless of actual condition.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Some scary stuff for anyone who owns a 95- early 00's model toyota tacoma. Toyota sent out a notice in march, but if you didn't get it essentially the frames are rusting away.

Finally got around to checking mine the other day, my frame rust perferation was so bad in certain areas I could poke holes in the frame with my finger. Especially the area around the front back left leaf spring joint. Just crumbling away. I'll post some pictures later. My otherwise perfect condition 150,000 mile Tacoma has now been deemed unsafe to drive, and I am waiting on a Toyota rep to come down and assess the vehicle. On the bright side, Toyota is voluntarily buying back Tacomas with this sort of damage at 1.5X kbb price rated as excellent regardless of actual condition.

Say I bought a Taco tomorrow, would I be able to claim the 1.5x KBB?

SSS

neo retired
Say I bought a Taco tomorrow, would I be able to claim the 1.5x KBB?

if it's a 95-00 model with a rust perferation, then most likely yes. all they do is take a ball peen to the frame, and if it punches through the vehicle is considered trash. I
think alot of people have done what you have in mind. buy a crap tacoma, get it driveable and take it in for the check toyota will cut.

here's the details from toyota:
http://blog.toyota.com/2008/03/living-up-to-ou.html

Last edited:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
thats the kind of rust youd expect in a body panel or floor pan.

not a structural member.

damn.

i should be installing my poly transmission mount and torque arm bushing today.:multi_co:

SSS

neo retired
thats the kind of rust youd expect in a body panel or floor pan.

not a structural member.

damn.

yeah, it's unacceptable. This really pisses me off, the rest of the truck was immaculate. No body rust whatsover. Other components underneath like the bed brackets (which are thinner) showed no sign of damage other than maybe a little surface rust. Even the muffler and tailpipe, which should rust out way sooner than anything else underneath had another 150,000 miles to go.

Well, fuck Toyota. I know for a fact they're hoping I take the check I'll get and apply it toward a new vehicle. A service tech I spoke to even said it was expected of me. Well guess what. I've already got a "new" truck, and although the model name starts with a "T", it's not a Toyota. They're out of their minds if they expect me to gamble my money that a new Tacoma/Tundra isn't going to do the same thing.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Well guess what. I've already got a "new" truck, and although the model name starts with a "T", it's not a Toyota.

chevy starts with C, whatchu talkin about. :p

did you read the comments on the toyota site? everyones like "wow, i dont have a toyota but ill definitely buy one now! their customer service is amazing!"

if you fuck up a product that bad you damn well better back it up.

if it was gm, youd have people shitting on them asking why wont they do more!

SSS

neo retired
chevy starts with C, whatchu talkin about. :p

did you read the comments on the toyota site? everyones like "wow, i dont have a toyota but ill definitely buy one now! their customer service is amazing!"

if you fuck up a product that bad you damn well better back it up.

if it was gm, youd have people shitting on them asking why wont they do more!

lol, I think some of those comments must be Toyota employees. Scary how many Tacomas are on the road.

you think I'd buy a Chevy? haha, no. I just got a gas guzzling king cab Titan. I know it's got it's own share of design quirks as does any 1/2 ton pickup, but the Tundra doesn't sound any better.

5.6L V8 305hp 380 ftlbs of torque. This thing can haul ass. Can do 0-60 off the line in a little over 6 secs. Max governed speed of 140. I can't recall ever seeing a pickups speedometer go that high.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
well,

the trans mount was a generic GM style one, and it didnt line up properly, didnt feel like fuckin with it.

the torque arm bushing i couldnt do because my wrench didnt fit on the nut between the trans and the tunnel.

soo

i changed my fuel filter and started to clean my coolant.

i pulled out the radiator cap and it was a giant ball of mud. flushed the radiator nice and good. took out the over flow bottle and cleaned that all out. the rubber hose on it started to balloon up before all the shit finally flew out of it.

all of my hoses make a nice crunch when you squeeze em.

i put in a bottle of super radiator cleaner. gotta drive for a few days and then ill flush it all out and hopefully this shit wont happen again.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You know...I'm not as big of a fan of the new Challenger as I thought I would be. The car looks great in pics but in person...geeze this thing is big.

HUGEBITCH2.jpg

HUGEBITCH8.jpg

Take in mind the new GTO is no slouch in size either...when side by side with the new Challenger it's dwarfed. I like the car but I can't stand vehicles that big...I gripe about the size of my goat...