Car Enthusiast Thread

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Looks like my old one, except I could tear off a low 12 second 1/4 mile run, never did get that 11. Wish I still had the slips but oh well.

Is that your ride? I got pics of mine earlier in this thread

Space Runaway

stakes winning forever
Yeah, bought it fairly recently. It's a lot faster than my first gen MR2 (R.I.P.) that's for sure. Mostly stock, although it has a Racing Beat cat-back, an ACT clutch and a few other miscellaneous goodies.

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
dude just keep it as stock as possible unless you plan on a rebuild. Those motors run for a long time till you start boosting them big time then it is a slippery slope.

Real nice ride though.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Very nice FC!

I picked up some new shoes for my MINI, and a few other bits and pieces:

MINI_20080830_front_640.jpg

Last edited:

LordTakuban

Crazed MVS Addict
khyron,

I haven't seen you on here in a while (I haven't been on here in a while either though). Are you ever going to make it back out to an E.R. event? The next one is Oct. 19th at Homestead. I'll be at that one.

Did I hear that right that you no longer have your RX-7? what are you driving now?

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yeah car is gone :( I will wait till I pay off my daily before I get a new ride, thinking about miata but I dont think I am that comfortable with my sexuality!!! I drive my daily which is a Mazda MP5, I was toying with the idea of taking that thing out there but I dont want to ruin my tires....I do have my rx7 race wheels still and they do fit the mp5 hmmmmmmm. I should be out there anyway as a few of my friends still autox.

How you been? Hows sportsline been treating you? They are thinking of putting Marc in charge of his own department and he kind of droped a hint that I could possibly go back, I dont think I would though but who knows.

LordTakuban

Crazed MVS Addict
Work is going good. We just had a bunch of changes recently with the whole CNet acquisition and all that. But nothing too drastic. You should slap those tires on and head out in October. I know what you mean about the miata. I'm barely a step away from that in my deuce. I'm not sure what class you would go in with the mp5, but I'm sure you can figure it out. I need to do at least 1 more event so I qualify for year-end championship points. So I'll definitely be ther at this next one. I'll be easy to find since you know what my car looks like. I will have a blue tent canopy with a big banner for my little side business Takuban Motorsports.

Well, if you end up working here again, you'll have to let me know. That will be kind of weird though like a space time continuoum type thing breaking down to mix the digital world with the real world. hahaha.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Yeah, bought it fairly recently. It's a lot faster than my first gen MR2 (R.I.P.) that's for sure. Mostly stock, although it has a Racing Beat cat-back, an ACT clutch and a few other miscellaneous goodies.

Very nice, congratulations!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
wake up this morning get ready for work, head out to the car. i get in. things don't seem right at all. yup. someone broke into my car. radio is stolen, ipod gone, my rayban sunglasses gone, the belt i wear to work, gone. my proof of insurance, gone. everything they could steal was stolen. it's just like they left no stone unturned. how gay. now i've got a whole mess of problems to sort out. such gay ass shit.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
wake up this morning get ready for work, head out to the car. i get in. things don't seem right at all. yup. someone broke into my car. radio is stolen, ipod gone, my rayban sunglasses gone, the belt i wear to work, gone. my proof of insurance, gone. everything they could steal was stolen. it's just like they left no stone unturned. how gay. now i've got a whole mess of problems to sort out. such gay ass shit.

Ow, that sucks. I never keep my ipod in my car for this reason.

So I got in my car the other day to find my rearview mirror in my passenger seat....lovely.

I'm thinking gorilla glue, anyone have a better idea?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member

So I got in my car the other day to find my rearview mirror in my passenger seat....lovely.

thing with gorilla glue is it's an epoxy. meaning it expands as it dries. so the thing about gluing your mirror on is that it will portrude out further than normal. and gorilla glue doesn't dry clear it dries a light brown color. there's a special adhesive they use just for this purpose. and i can't remember the name for the life of me. magna?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
kim, sucks about your car. Shit like that makes me want to torture criminals.

I bet autozone or somewhere like that knows what is the glue type. This happens more than most people think.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
there are rear view mirror repair kits.

they come with the glue and some other stuff.

LordTakuban

Crazed MVS Addict

You should get a mirror attachment kit. it comes with the adhesive. Gorilla glue will not be good for that. You could *try* some E 6000. But I'd go to autozone or advance auto and get a rear view mirror kit. That should last you quite a while.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If you get the kit from Advance make sure your windshield is CLEAN & DRY or the shit won't work.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Saw a '99 V6 Camaro down here a couple of days ago, they were asking about 40k for it, hahaha.

I also saw a nice BB6 (5th Gen) Prelude... I really like the looks of the thing, and that H22 2.2lt VTi engine feels nice... what do you guys think about it?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Saw a '99 V6 Camaro down here a couple of days ago, they were asking about 40k for it, hahaha.

I also saw a nice BB6 (5th Gen) Prelude... I really like the looks of the thing, and that H22 2.2lt VTi engine feels nice... what do you guys think about it?

this guy is selling his 9 second v6, and only wants like 20k. lol.

camaro orders open on october 13th.

aria

Former Moderator
Have faith, Mushiki, when I was in Monaco I spotted this symbol of "fuck what people say, I can have my cake and eat it too!"

Ferrari with a child's seat.
2008-09-Trip07.jpg

Me? I rocked this bad-boy on the Gorges du Verdon and coastal cliffs of the Riviera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQQCLvzczQ

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Have faith, Mushiki, when I was in Monaco I spotted this symbol of "fuck what people say, I can have my cake and eat it too!"

Ferrari with a child's seat.
2008-09-Trip07.jpg

Me? I rocked this bad-boy on the Gorges du Verdon and coastal cliffs of the Riviera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQQCLvzczQ

Hahaha, that's great. So, people can have children and not lose their life, that is really encouraging :D

Regarding the Citroen, was it the C4 VTS coupe? or a 4-door?

The VTS is a really a great looking car.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
camaro orders open on october 13th.

And hopefully some solid pricing info. I was thinking about dumping the challenger order and ordering the camaro until I saw this yesterday:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0809_2009_dodge_challenger_testing/index.html

The 6 speed rt ran a 13.6 in the 1320, and a 5.1second 0-60. Those are about the times that I was expecting when I ordered the thing a while back. The Edmunds tests scared me a bit with thier (I think) 5.9sec 0-60 and 14.1 quarter mile. They must have a really shitty driver.

Still a fair bit slower than what the camaro will probably run, but to me the difference in looks makes up for it.

The local dealership got one in from what I hear. Gonna go sit in the showroom and stare at it until they ask me to leave :)

Matt

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
And hopefully some solid pricing info. I was thinking about dumping the challenger order and ordering the camaro until I saw this yesterday:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0809_2009_dodge_challenger_testing/index.html

The 6 speed rt ran a 13.6 in the 1320, and a 5.1second 0-60. Those are about the times that I was expecting when I ordered the thing a while back. The Edmunds tests scared me a bit with thier (I think) 5.9sec 0-60 and 14.1 quarter mile. They must have a really shitty driver.

Still a fair bit slower than what the camaro will probably run, but to me the difference in looks makes up for it.

The local dealership got one in from what I hear. Gonna go sit in the showroom and stare at it until they ask me to leave :)

Matt

Pssst... SRT8

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Pssst... SRT8

I know they're the performance model, but come on. ANother 12k for a half second faster on the strip? That seems stupid to me. I do wish I could have got the brembo brakes from the srt8 though. Too bad it's not at least an option on the rt.

Matt

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I know they're the performance model, but come on. ANother 12k for a half second faster on the strip? That seems stupid to me. I do wish I could have got the brembo brakes from the srt8 though. Too bad it's not at least an option on the rt.

Matt
I would've gone for the R/T as well. Definitely the best deal.