Career Thread: Whats your job?

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
If anyone feels like sharing their current employment or college degree/technical degree, I'd be interested in knowing what some of you guys do for a living.

I've seen the tech repair board and you guys amaze me a lot for what you come up with for these projects.

I'm currently a senior getting a degree in Computer Engineering and I kinda thought a lot of you guys might be Electrical Engineers from how savvy you all are with these arcade repairs.

If there is another thread like this, I apologize since I didn't look that hard.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
.Gov IT employee

I more or less lean against the IT equivalent of a shovel all day long.

Don't do shit and get paid good money while doing it.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I'm a IT Manager currently. I was a IT Consultant for the first 8 years of my career. I started out as a 3rd shift network technician at an ISP, which basically means I sat there and watched a monitoring system and would cry wolf if something went down. When I got out of college it just so happened to coincide when the DOT COM bubble burst in 2001. I had a hell of a time getting any hits on applications, so I took what I could get which took me almost 2 years to find employment.

I learned alot from my consulting work. Often times you just get called in to a shit storm that most companies IT staff can't fix or broke in the first place. I don't think much of what my profession is did much in the way of understanding arcade stuff when it comes down to it. I think working in the IT field just provides you with the ability to teach yourself. Most arcade tech is pretty low-tech stuff. It's mainly a lot of basic electrical knowledge of voltages and point to point wiring and connections.

There are a lot more arcade tech savvy guys on this forum than me. I try to share my knowledge whenever possible though...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im a sales and marketing guy by trade.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
For me it's semi-complicated. I do web design/development, but the person I'm working for isn't giving me much work atm. I'm trying to find freelance gigs in the mean time.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I am a fry cook at the local McDonalds.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im just thrilled im not competing for work with all these IT guys.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Well at least your honest :lolz:

no.. he's not. He manages all the frycooks in some virtual mcdonalds..

I'm not smart enough for electronic engineering... roughly 85% of all my hardware and electronic projects fail miserably (although I do have fun doing them).

for the day job, software dev in the medical field

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
BA in Anthropology.

So of course that's useless.

I'm a brewer, specifically brewery packaging manager.

Pay sucks, work is hot/cold, everything else is great.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Science. I do science. Mostly genetics.
I also do freelance marketing for XboxOne.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Day job is Linux sysadmin / web application security.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
my gifts from god preclude me from "working" for a living

.. plebes

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Well, sir, I step in front of cars and sue the drivers.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
English Literature Teacher by trade, but difficultly getting a job led me into working for a city library. I'm now a Young Adult Librarian.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Do you want fries with that?

I'm sorry if I offended you. It wasn't my intention. I just thought some people would try to give non-serious answers and I just didn't know if you were or not.