Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Nah, he looked fine - if anything perhaps he was a little annoyed since I was late do to Friday rush hour traffic :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nah, he looked fine - if anything perhaps he was a little annoyed since I was late do to Friday rush hour traffic :)

If Jeff looks annoyed, it just means he hasn't had his beer yet.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Don't worry... Jeff has pm'ed me... he REALLY was annoyed... and you're on a "Special" list...

xROTx

PS. At least Xian Xi brings beer or another form of booze when he visits him:D.... FOOL!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Just wanted to toss in my two cents here, and say that the carts look pretty decent. I seriously do appreciate that you put the NEO-GEO logo and the red stripe at the top of the fucking AES case spine, as I cannot stand the AES logo that others use to avoid SNK legal stuff, as if SNK gives a shit about the Neo-Geo anymore, let alone making games.

Also, I was curious if the MVS carts have the hologram look to the stickers as most games after the Puzzle Bobble Era have? That would be a nice touch, but, I doubt you did it as it might add to the cost of the carts.

I bought both an AES cart and the MVS Kit, and I am not sure you guys mentioned this yet, but, are these carts numbered with any kind of numbering system? Like the NGDevTeam uses the hologram number stickers, Jeff Kurtz's game used a number on the box which I placed on my carts, and the number is also displayed on the intro attract screen. What do these carts have that signify that you have a unique ID that nobody else has, to also verify authenticity?

Also, can you please tell me/us the cartridge count for the AES carts and the MVS carts? This would be neat to know as the NGDevTeam tells people how many carts exist in each release last I checked, and Shawn did tell people how many carts of the SNK English games sold through his store back in 2000-2003.

Lastly, Is there only one AES and MVS cart release available? I never noticed if there was a JPN and English release of each, or just one release for each in English. If there is only one kind of release for them, I am very much appreciated that you chose the Euro/English style for the MVS and AES releases, as that is what I prefer to see in my Neo-Geo game collection.

Thank you for this release! Despite the lack of the beautiful music on the CD release being absent, which I used to just sit back and listen to as it was very well done, I know for sure that I will DEFINITELY love the shit out of this game! The bugs you fixed, and the sound effects that you added, etc.. will make it like an all new experience, and in the end, the first Crossed Swords did have an amazing soundtrack that I also loved dearly, and I remember sitting back listening to the music nightly as well. I just hope that you chose the perfect spots for each song, and made full use of them. For example, the original game had many scenes that would play the game music, and before the song would end, the cut scene would end and they would stop playing that song and go directly to another, then ending of the game comes to ind on that one straight away. I hope so much that you made it to where the full song plays though during cutscenes, and endings.

A question that I have pondered, is if you added like 54 sound effects, why on earth did ADK have them on the CD, but did not use them? That makes no sense at all to me? I take it this game was rushed to get finished, and they wanted so badly to have a CD exclusive game that they never noticed that they had 54 sound effects that they did not even use in the game?

-J

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm not sure I can answer the question on the hologram look to the stickers as I have not seen them myself yet. I can confirm there is no serial number system which I think I mentioned somewhere. Presently there is no other batch planned but I would not rule it out totally, its highly unlikely however. There is no Japanese version.

I can will give out the quantities a little later once all are sent.

Ohh about the sounds, I have no idea why they are not in but I guess its because the game was never completed on MVS before it was ported to CD.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Raz did you find out how Jeff is shipping these USPS, Fedex or UPS?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
My MVS kit showed up today in fine shape. And it's in the Omega. Time to play... :D

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Would love to see a second run too, I promise not to procrastinate over ordering this time! :)

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I received my CS2 carts today. (MVS & home)
Thanks to Jeff, Raz, & all others who assisted.

Initial thoughts...
Wow, there's blood! This game is gory! Some enemies turn to stone, some explode on fireballs, some throw up; blood as well. Also it's hard! Way harder then Crossed Swords 1. Even on EASY, I still get slaughtered out there! Enemies are much more powerful then CS1. The shop has the ability to buy character level upgrades as well; don't think CS1 had that either. Very interesting game. Feels & plays way more like a home game then an arcade game. Oh and a second mode of play is available as well. Like a one on one arena style fighting; kinda like Alien Storm for Sega Genesis.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Got mine today. AES cart production is top notch through and through. The game itself seems killer so far, amazing to feel like I'm playing a real new SNK Neo title after all these years. Raz, Jeff, rot and everyone else did this right from start to finish! HUGE thank you to these guys!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Great to hear people are beginning to receive their kits and are happy, I guess more pictures will appear soon and some videos.

Raz

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Anybody working on a shockbox insert for sale?

Maybe you could use this and get it printed at Southtown?
crossed-swords-2-legeek-copy2.jpg

Ready for Download...
http://www.legeekretrogaming.com/geekblog/?page_id=109

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes, there has been a few different shockbox covers done in the thread so far.