Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I've been playing Layer Section on Saturn as well. Very good game for the money.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've been playing lots of Deathsmiles, Akai Katana and Strania on 360.

Deathsmiles is nice, I like the bosses.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Was told I should try using Shorty-C in Batrider Advance Course for survival play and I got to the final boss on my first try using her just shy of 7 mil. Hadn’t got to Discharge before on a single credit so that was cool, wish I hadn’t gameovered with +3 bombs though.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
on the weekend i was hitting up some Caladrius on 360 and this morning tried out Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION that I picked up cheap on Steam, both pretty great

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Trizeal on the DC. Seems to be a pretty underrated title. Either that, or it just doesn't get talked about much as it's pretty fun.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Three consecutive nights I've almost gotten the clear on Mushi Original only to die with the final boss having about an eighth of an inch of life bar left. Last night I died and the final boss had a pixel of red, I continued and tapped the fire button once and the boss died.

I know this is a relatively easy clear, but this game is going to move me to drink.

Chempop

Mushi Original took me a while to clear man, you’ll get it soon enough! :vik:

I am going to try to get the Batrider Advance clear before 2015. :make_fac:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I've been playing a lot of Deathsmiles since I picked up a Dynamo HS-1 just before Halloween. However, it has been a rough time using the joysticks that were in my cab. My Focus Attack order arrived today and now I am just waiting for my adapter plates to show up and I can really put some time into Deathsmiles...

Chempop

Nice sticks and octo-gates. I hope they are a decent height mounted in the Dynamo. I’d be curious to see a pic of them once you get them installed (with deathsmiles running too of course :buttrock: )

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I'll be sure to post some pix with the results. It's a metal control panel so it should turn out nice.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
PC Demon Attack on a 2600 Emu .
Can play this for hours until I get bored but it´s much more fun two players and see who can ride between the double lasers the most without getting killed .

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
No 1CC. Stage 4-2. I dialed it back on the train and the forest to keep me from getting whipped by the death bullets. It helps me milk the 4th stage more. Not ballsy enough to hit the canyon hard yet. Used the almost-legal chick. (Rosa)

Chempop

Rosa is a good choice. have you figured out the best stage order so you get the most health items?
Probably a good idea to go straight to the castle until you can clear without a problem, then go for the canyon once the first 6 stages are trivial. Good luck!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Raiden 1
Viper Phase 1

The Seibu love is strong in my home.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rosa is a good choice. have you figured out the best stage order so you get the most health items?

I usually do it in this order: Halloween Town, Volcano, Train, Graveyard, Forest, Swamp.

The Volcano is my bread and butter. Milking those boulders is insane and I can get a double extend in a hurry. I keep it early in the run to gauge if I want to continue or start over (when I'm playing for score that is).

I can pick up an extra life off the big cyclops midway through the Graveyard and sometimes off the busted up car toward the end of the Swamp.

I'm sure there's a more optimal route and the super-runners can do some crazy stuff that's out of my league, but so far this strategy has worked for me.